• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasty and/or MDMA with Xanax(or other benzos)??

Psycho~

Greenlighter
Alright, well I used to be a rolling fiend, and was quite picky, making sure to always get the clean pills, I didnt even like the caffine in them, but what are you gonna do? Mollys are almost always bunk or really sketch. And i am quite afraid of the danger RC's could possibly do, plus besides I tripped on 2c-e(i was told) one time and it was quite scary, but mostly uncomfortable, felt like I was tweaking with my veins popping out in my arms and not being able to sleep, and felt kinda a little paranoid too. The meth and speed and adderall mixtures were much much worse anyways, my first illz had no mdxx in them and were mostly just tweakbombs lol. it was gross. :p

anyways, I have panic attacks occasionally now, and I just quit xanax, its been a few weeks.
I was wondering if I could take xanax/alprazolam or a similar benzodiazepene such as valium/diazepam or klonopin, during, or better yet an hour before so there is a almost 100% no chance of anxiety or me freaking out. Keep in mind this would be a small dose, and Im sure my tolerance is pretty much gone, and is definately gone for stimulants and MDxx, so probably around 0.75 or something of xanax(Ive never done any of the other benzos but I have lots of experience with xanax) and like a pokeball or two, probably 1.5 illz if I can split with someone. Ive heard they are weaker now...but i still kinda wanna be safe...

yeah I know pure MDMA even with a moderate dose of caffine shouldnt make you anxious, but shit has changed since over a year ago when I rolled and I get panic pretty severely for no reason but especially if im fucked up, cant even smoke bud anymore(which has to do with the reason, I think I have PTSD from oding on spice w/ a little tobacco and I think I had a heart attack or something, my heart was sore for 3 days after, and it was really scary during, and I did nothign to provoke panic and never really had an attack before then, now Im riddled with them in my daily life....)

Please help me out, I miss my gal molly and it bums me out everyone rolling all the time at raves and shit and Im too scarred to try to do it again....

Thanks in advance! <3

it sounds like some of your anxiety may be derived from your past mdma abuse. if this is the case, and you're still experiencing anxiety issues, your body might be telling you its not ready to dose mdma again. that being said, a low alprazolam dose (.5 mg or so) shouldn't mess with your overall experience too much. it might not be quite as intense as what it could be without taking it, but a low dose shouldn't lead to any complications. that being said, it is well known that moderate to high doses of an upper (mdma) and a downer (xanax) can lead to serious side effects, so you don't want to be pushing the limit by any means if this is something you are dead set on doing.

I did 2.5 mgs of xanax, and after feeling completely bored with the subtle high of xanax..i decided to spice things up with 200 mg MDMA. needless to say, I rolled extremely fucking hard and the body load was so much stronger. If i had to have been walking around, I just would not have been able to. I think the xanax made me feel a lot more "floorey" and heavy.

I took xanax when I was rolling and when it kicked in, the roll completely died. All I felt was xanax. Xanax blocks MDMA from entering the SERT

Everytime I have mixed them its been fine, just a bit of amnesia of what happened with the roll. I imagine that this is NOT smart to do though, as they are completely different drugs and act on different parts of the brain (Serotonin and GABA).

I did take clonopins before and didn't get so much of the same muted roll feeling the xanax gave me. Xanax silenced it completely IME.

thanks guys, I dont care if I dont roll that hard, I just need a breakthrough experience with a LOW dose(.5-1.0mg) of xanax so I dont trip out in the first place, and once I see Im not going to die or whatever(lol bullshit I know), I will feel safe and have a good time, and then probably feel confident to do it again, and my goal is to not do it with a very minute dose(like 0.25) or none at all.

i just wanted to be safe, and see if anyone else has tried it before, or done it multiple times, with success and no bodily harm.

i was just worried because of the whoile semi-speedball theory thing(meth and heroin or w/e), and also read like your blood pressure could go up and down and you could die or your heart could be irregular and you could die or hurt yourself or something.....idk.

it sounds like some of your anxiety may be derived from your past mdma abuse.

no, I od'd on spice w/ some tobacco or something happened, and ive been afraid of stimulants and sometimes drugs in general.
but i never trip out while on shrooms....but i do get panic attacks sober....usually for no reason or just feel like my heart is fucked up, beating too fast, etc....

i dont know. possibly heart damage? PTSD? idk.

but yeah pretty sure its not from rolling, and like I said I avoided meth and amp and shit like that a lot. probably never even did pipes. maybe once. but you get the point.

no, I od'd on spice w/ some tobacco or something happened, and ive been afraid of stimulants and sometimes drugs in general.
but i never trip out while on shrooms....but i do get panic attacks sober....usually for no reason or just feel like my heart is fucked up, beating too fast, etc....

i dont know. possibly heart damage? PTSD? idk.

but yeah pretty sure its not from rolling, and like I said I avoided meth and amp and shit like that a lot. probably never even did pipes. maybe once. but you get the point.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me back in June of 2005. At first, I was convinced I was experiencing a heart attack (in actuality, it was a massive panic attack). I was tweaking at the time it happened, so now every time I wanna roll, tweak or ski I tend to get really anxious and nervous just thinking about it. Anyways, soon after it happened, I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder and by November of that year I was put on Xanax (0.25mg 3x daily). I'm still on it to this day.

Anyways, to answer your question... Ever since 2005 (when I first started taking Xanax), I've rolled, tweaked and skied numerous times. I imagine the feeling might be different for someone who doesn't suffer from Panic Disorder, but for me, the Xanax made me feel like my old self again (back when I was doing stimulants before I had the life-changing massively bad trip/panic attack in 2005). I never do stimulants without some Xanax at least 1/2 hour beforehand. I tried a couple of times (one time I tried tweaking, the other I tried some good blow) without taking any Xanax and both times I ended up in the hospital (where they - guess what - immediately administered 1mg of IV Lorazepam on both occasions) :-(

Last edited:
Ok i ate a g of molly yesterday around 8 am( I like to roll all day so i go hard or not at all) took the other g around 6-7 ish and ended up taking a 2mg xanax but i have a xanax tolerance and it didn't touch the amphetamine if anything it made me roll harder Cause my brain got the chemical it was deprived of a took another 2mg xanax at 8 am the next morning too. It took tell 9-10 pm the completely next day to start coming down and on the come down at 10 i took another 4 mg of xanax an it now 1 30 a.m. and amphetamine is almost gone but music still sounds great

Xanax vs xtc/molly/mushies/lucy

Ok we all know xanax is a downer an it also fucks with ur memory and perception of time. Also slows ur heart down dramatically thats why they give you benzos when ur having a bad trip on mdma cause as we know mdma is pretty much just a form of speed now that its pretty much coming from at home cooks. My experience with xanax vs molly is if you eat enough molly such as .5 to a gram which i ate a g at 8 am and half g mid day and the rest of the second g around 9 pm i took a 2mg xanax to see if it would take care of some of the speedy effect but nothing i also have a tolerance of 1 to two ladders a day and i dont even feel them when im not on molly it just puts the benzos back in my brain so honestly in my opinion take nothing over ur tolerance level if you dont have a tolerance just take a pice cause it was obviously depleted cause i usually take my xanax during the day to make time at work go faster but when i started to roll all day i took that xanax around 12 am and it didn't touch the amphetamine just sped up time way faster and i took another one around 9 in the morning the next day still was geeked up hard as fuck but i remember looking at the time a one minute its 9-10am when i took the xanax and the next time i looked at the clock it was 4pm i was like shit gf left for work yesterday came home didnt realize i was rolling balls she just asked why am i sweating so bad i just told her i didnt take my xanax this morning we went to bed i watched a movie cause i didn't want to know i was rolling cause she lost the true love of her life to shooting a bad batch of molly so she has zero acceptance to drugs now which i totally respect iv only lost one person to drugs and that was my aunt from shooting heroine. Gf lost a lot of people so i took the xanax at 12-1am and i was laying in bed just spaced out staring at the same entro from the dvd and when i got up it to get water it was 6am felt like i was only sitting there for an hour tops but i was still geeked up from hell and back now i got to play it off like i just woke up which trying to hide the roll seemed to make it hit me harder her alarm goes off at 4am good thing she never set it. So when she left i took another ladder at 8am when she left and that still didn't take away the super amphetamine feeling i didnt start to come down tell she got home from work and i been geeked up hard as fuck since 8 am the day before and when she got home around 7:30 shes always a complete buzz kill so once the depression started to kick in around 8 i knew the amphetamine would slowly die well i took another ladder around 9 and the head high and body/ amphetamine high went away around 12-1am its now 3am and everytime i close my eyes to sleep my body either gets a jolt and wakes me up or ill start talking or moving hardcore in my sleep and that wakes me up. So imo if u have some tolerance to benzos just take what u usually take an i recommend double dosing molly if you eat just a .1 eat a point to cause times going to fly by just like it always does when ur happy or having fun or u jusf deal with the anxiety tell u absolutely need it but ur molly will go fast cause you lose perception of time on molly and expecially xanax. Now when i first started rolling id eat 3 to 4 tabs and 5 bars just enough of each and when id start to nod from the ladders ot felt like i was floating or my car was moving an id jump really fast from my nod grab the stearing wheel and ask my x gf if we was moving. Then I'd look in front of me and there was a tree and the car wasnt even on. Now xanax and mushies i did once and one minute im tripping and the next i was didnt get no body high just mild visuals then bam gone it was like i blacked out and couldn't remember anything but i know for sure i was awake so never did that again was the biggest waist of mushies i was pissed honostly. Now xanax and Lucy that's a hole other ball game cause for one actual lsd will take over all drugs and you can drink smoke or my favorite candy flipping but real lsd 25 research shows that that and DMT will complete conquer all drugs except xtc/lucy mix it gives u bursts of euphoria but even the lucy now a days isnt worth it its week as fuck i bought a lot of blotter hit and id give my x gf atleast two hits and she got a mild trip but me i took 7 nothing i was on xanax and opiates too. The only lucy i got out of all the lucy iv bought that worked bileave it or not was from a straight edge Christian kid he had family in Holland and once a year they would send him a sheet so i baught a stamp for 60 which i 9 hits took 3 and actually tripped but still not as hard as what actual lucy 25 is described to be like you dont lnow left from right, up from down, u can smell colors and see music and b4 dmt it was the most powerful drug out and you can take anything on it and all ull feel is lucy. Now when the stuff from holland thats the closest i got to any form of lucy so i went and baught another stamp. Waited for lights all night in dallas and ate the hole stamp on top of 4 tabbys and gave gf rest of other stamp and one tabby and she was just as good as me but i was pretty fried. So i wouldn't e en waist xanax with lucy cause u probably wont get anything from it i know i never did. If ur going to take lucy with anything candy flip that shit.
Thats my xanax vs molly/mushies/lucy experience. An always do it when ur in a good remember anxiety comes with psychoactive drugs expecially chemical based once you really dont know what ur getting unless u personally know the cook or chemist. An if all else falls just eat a shit load of mushies cause no matter what you will always come down from them and they actually help heal ur brain in multiple ways.
An there is no possible way u can die from them. So id recommend experimenting with those a lot first cause u should have no fears what so ever. An i made big old pots of koolad for a party that was a wal mart bag full of mushies it was so dark of .muddy water when you mixed it with the orange koolad u couldn't even see the koolad and that got 6 people fried and we still had a gallon of straight mud left over. An the most i have ever eaten at once was 10gs and i gave my gf 10gs to and we are laying in bed together and it was like we couldn't even feel are bodys anymore but the moral of the story is if ur scared of molly or lucy just eat a bunch of mushies i garuantee u will always come and u will be fine. Iv bern using mushies for years now at least once a month for depression. An iv always came down and never had flash backs or any side effects sept for a mushie hang over but eat something or take a xanax when its done and over with to get sleep. The hang over i only get from eating them and that doesn't come on tell ur trip is about over. It feels like nausea thats all
Well i hope my experiences help you in some way
-Good Vibes my fellow psychonauts

Using Xanax with MDMA is far more dangerous than just taking MDMA.
The same kind of wrong thought process as the op mentioned went through my head (thinking I'd be safer if I used a benzo),
because about 5-6hrs after taking MDMA I start to feel increasing anxiety, so I thought using a benzo would help.

When we feel symptoms of anxiety and panic our minds start racing, and we think about far worse things than are actually going to happen.
It can feel like we might fall down dead, but we won't, it's just our thoughts.
Taking a benzo, especially Xanax places us in greater risk of danger, it just feels like it's safer so we think it's safer in our minds.

I strongly believe that Xanax and MDMA should never be used together, in fact I believe those two drugs should never be in your house at the same time,
It's just too dangerous because street Xanax bars can be randomly dosed so there is a risk, potentially a high risk of blacking out,
especially for someone who has anxiety because that can push them towards taking more.

I blacked out 2 weeks ago on Xanax after taking 2 MDMA pills, when I woke up 12hrs later, or 24hrs later idk.
I realized I had taken nearly all the drugs I had in my house without knowing anything about it.
I had 24mg of Xanax which was gone, and of the 23 Q-dance ecstasy pills I had in a bag there were only 7 left, so I had taken 16.

I do not know how I survived.
The cause of death wouldn't have been the ecstasy even though it would have been an MDMA overdose, it would have been caused by the Xanax.
Nothing would have happened if I had just taking the 2 MDMA pills, I'd have just felt some anxiety symptoms but I'd have been safe, no risk of death and no risk of an overdose.

The Xanax created the opposite situation and I was no longer safe, I was in great danger and I was very close to dying.

Last edited:
Using Xanax with MDMA is far more dangerous than just taking MDMA.
I seriously doubt that. Benzos are used in emergencies to treat amphetamine overdose (MDMA is an amphetamine). It slows down processes in your brain, which in turn slows down the effects of any amphetamine. There should be no dangerous interactions between the two at all. Are you certain about both the quality of your drugs and of the xanax? I am not sure but almost sure your experience is due to some other factor, not the xanax

It is also notoriously difficult to die from taking benzos. Blacking out is possible, but dying, unlikely. This of course means that is is possible, just that you'd need to take a really stupendous dose

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that. Benzos are used in emergencies to treat amphetamine overdose (MDMA is an amphetamine). It slows down processes in your brain, which in turn slows down the effects of any amphetamine. There should be no dangerous interactions between the two at all. Are you certain about both the quality of your drugs and of the xanax? I am not sure but almost sure your experience is due to some other factor, not the xanax

It is also notoriously difficult to die from taking benzos. Blacking out is possible, but dying, unlikely. This of course means that is is possible, just that you'd need to take a really stupendous dose

I'm certain about the quality of the drugs, they had all been lab tested.
Your thinking is the same as mine was before I had a major problem due to the Xanax.
I used to think that surely a benzo like Xanax that is prescribed by doctors to treat anxiety and panic can't be that dangerous.
I think a lot of people think in a similar way, and they underestimated the risks.
People think that because it's a class C benzo that is prescribed to people, it won't cause a really serious potentially life threatening situation.

The major issue with using Xanax with other drugs like MDMA, is not so much that the two will mix together badly,
although I would highly recommend not taking Xanax and MDMA at the same time under any circumstances.
The major issue is the risk of blacking out on the Xanax, it doesn't take much to cause a blackout if someone has low tolerance to the drug.
People have blacked out on doses as low as 2mg, which is a common dose in 1 Xanax bar.
Another problem is street Xanax bars are randomly dosed and some contain twice as much at 4mg, so a person with low tolerance could potentially black out after taking only half a bar.

If that person also had MDMA on them and they are blacked out,
the chances are due to the Xanax blackout causing amnesia, that they will take the MDMA they have in their pocket or in their house without knowing about it.
If they have a bag with 10 pills in it, or 2 or 3 grams of MDMA, they are at risk of taking all of it and dying of an MDMA overdose.

Xanax blackout is very common, a lot of people who have used it have a story about blacking out and doing something extremely dangerous,
either ending up in jail, or in hospital, or nearly dying because they didn't know what they were doing.

Last edited:
I'm certain about the quality of the drugs, they had all been lab tested.
Your thinking is the same as mine was before I had a major problem due to the Xanax.
I used to think that surely a benzo like Xanax that is prescribed by doctors to treat anxiety and panic can't be that dangerous.
I think a lot of people think in a similar way, and they underestimated the risks.
People think that because it's a class C benzo that is prescribed to people, it won't cause a really serious potentially life threatening situation.

The major issue with using Xanax with other drugs like MDMA, is not so much that the two will mix together badly,
although I would highly recommend not taking Xanax and MDMA at the same time under any circumstances.
The major issue is the risk of blacking out on the Xanax, it doesn't take much to cause a blackout if someone has low tolerance to the drug.
People have blacked out on doses as low as 2mg, which is a common dose in 1 Xanax bar.
Another problem is sreet Xanax bars are randomly dosed and some contain twice as much at 4mg, so a person with low tolerance could potentially black out after taking only half a bar.

If that person also had MDMA on them and they are blacked out,
the chances are due to the Xanax blackout causing amnesia, that they will take the MDMA they have in their pocket or in their house without knowing about it.
If they have a bag with 10 pills in it, or 2 or 3 grams of MDMA, they are at risk of taking all of it and dying of an MDMA overdose.

Xanax blackout is very common, a lot of people who have used it have a story about blacking out and doing something extremely dangerous,
and either ending up in jail, or in hospital, or nearly dying because they didn't know what they were doing.
Okay, I agree with that post. My understanding was that you found the combination particularly dangerous because of a direct interaction between the two, which is almost impossible. But you mean more the situations someone might put themselves in when they black out from the benzo being dangerous

I do have to point out that in most of those cases, it would have happened anyway whether the person took MDMA or not. The MDMA itself can only pose a danger then in the example you provided. In normal doses however, a benzo is a good idea in case of overdose or freakout. I have no personal experience with them so didn't know street pills have such wildly varying doses in them which might make it a not so good idea indeed. I think in the future I'm going to change my advice to "if you have a prescription benzo, go for it, otherwise don't risk it and go to the ER".

Thank you for your post. Learned something new

Last edited: