• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't cathinone form imine polymers if they have ketones and primary amines? Is there something about the bulkiness preventing imine formation?

AFAIK, cathinone does condense/dimerize to 3,6-Dimethyl-2,5-Diphenylpyrazine, which is one of the reasons that khat needs to be eaten fresh (the other reason being the reduction of cathinone to the significantly less psychoactive cathine).

While the elimination of water should shift the equilibrium towards the condensation reaction, using the right methods the plant can apparently be dried without destroying most of the cathinone.

(2S,5R,6R)-2-carbomethoxy-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-6-[(2-phenyl-1-methylethyl)amino]-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane.png

This will SHONUF snuff out Treponema pallidum in the brain (neurosyphilis). For IV use. The current treatment is only 50 to 60% curative. And the RPR blood test is only 65% accurate (nearly worthless). The N-(2-phenyl-1-methylethyl) residue will awaken the dormant, non-antigen displaying pleiomorphic spirochetes, with hope. I be your Guinea Pig. If not that, try plain carbomethoxylated penicillin G. Is Tusckeegee in the House? Fuck, yea. [So So Def Records].

So which is it? Do ya'll want more talk / explanations or less? Less, I gather.

I want more talk/explanations, less neurotic/psychotic ramblings, reposts, and pre-existing molecules.

What is this molecule supposed to be, a penicillin amphetamine hybrid? Would it work, or would the amphetamine substituent lower activity?

Perhaps I'm being a blunt dick with what I just said, but this is a better post than the last few of yours.

AFAIK, cathinone does condense/dimerize to 3,6-Dimethyl-2,5-Diphenylpyrazine, which is one of the reasons that khat needs to be eaten fresh (the other reason being the reduction of cathinone to the significantly less psychoactive cathine).

While the elimination of water should shift the equilibrium towards the condensation reaction, using the right methods the plant can apparently be dried without destroying most of the cathinone.

Ah, that's actually a neat looking molecule. I wonder if it has any pharmacological significance?

TipiaXB.png

This is the molecule you're referring to, right?

Last edited:
methyl%204-%5BN-(3-fluorophenyl)-2-methylpropanamido%5D-1-(3-methoxy-3-oxopropyl)piperidine-4-carboxylate.png

4-Fluoroisobutyrfentanyl/Remifentanil hybrid. Should increase Remifentanils duration by quite a lot, while also reducing its potency by ~2/3.

A quick mashup between psilocin and 5-MeO; I call it Partyhatamine!

DCUAlIf.jpg

And another; Batwing 2C-B

xq9Tvii.jpg

Mescoxetamine

zR5se8G.jpg

Last edited:
The first and second are impossible due to instability, i dont think it can even be formed in thr first place.

First one breaks aromaticity forming reactive epoxide, second one has very strained angle of bonds to the point of impossible.

Third one looks fine, tho;)

^ Quite probably active? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamnetamine

Also for that matter, can't find anything on this.. i wonder if it is "just an appetite suppressant":

1-phenyl-2-pyrrolidin-1-ylpropane.png

1-phenyl-2-pyrrolidin-1-ylpropane

The pyrrolidine group bears some comparison to something like a diethylamine, for the stimulant amphetamine type compounds it could be a pretty okay stim but those types of amine functions don't work so well for psychedelic PEAs.

Why thiophene oxide? Isnt that the toxic part?
For the lower two molecules, i guess adding di-alkyl to N, will make it morelike of Lefetamine?

Solipsis,

1-phenyl-1-oxo-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)propane.png

Would Make A Way Better 'Appetite Suppresant.'

roi,

Yes, Probably So.

At least there's logic behind N-pyrrolidinocathinone being active.

Dresden's more "creative" entries have a home on his blog page now.

Why thiophene oxide? Isnt that the toxic part?
For the lower two molecules, i guess adding di-alkyl to N, will make it morelike of Lefetamine?

Ah, wasn't aware thiophene oxide is toxic! Does it get metabolized into something nasty? What if it's two oxygens instead? That's how modafinil is, but I'm not sure if the thiophene ring would change anything.

The S=O (sulfoxide) nor S(=O)2 (sulfone) arent particulary toxic

Sometimes they can act as bioisostere of a carbonyl group, where sulfoxide is somewhat more “polarized” (has more characteristic of being S(+)—O(-) moreso than the carbonyl.

The thing i mentioned is that the thiophene is often considered (not always) hepatotoxic, whereas the toxic metabolite is the thiophene-S-oxide itself and not the thiophene.

Unless there is a particular fast pathway of elimination or site of metabolism that leads to easier excretion, thiophene is often oxidized to (either) thiophene-S-oxide, which is a reactive diene to participate in diels-alder reaction, or thiophene epoxide, which is a reactive electrophile.

Last edited:
I see some saccharin...
Ps. Bleh! Stereocenters! Im too lazy to redraw image (its done on mobile phone, so ...)
Just assume we put in the “correct” stereoisomers then!

Metamnesacrin
PkL3TyS.jpg

Flubutosacrin
VBF6VtK.jpg

Bimecanilosacin
WHNlFOq.jpg

Last edited:
At least there's logic behind N-pyrrolidinocathinone being active.

It is indeed active, having been sold as an RC for several years now, under the name a-PPP (alpha-PyrrolidinoPropioPhenone). It is significantly less potent and long-lasting than its infamous higher homologues a-PVP and a-PHP though, and thus never really caught on.

Status
Not open for further replies.