• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought of this.

3-(indol-3-yl)tropane.png

You want the nitrogen to be a primary amine. The ethyl spacing is taken up by the tropane ring.

^ But in that molecule there's three carbons between the indole and the nitrogen, not two like in DMT or other tryptamines.

To illustrate, compare diphenhydramine with benztropine. Both drugs can be used to lessen extrapyramidal side effects of antipsychotic drugs and are themselves anticholinergics.

2-(diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-dimethylethanamine.png

DIPHENHYDRAMINE

3-(diphenylmethoxy)-tropane.png

BENZTROPINE

Ascaridole is notable, for not only being one of the only known natural organoperoxides, the other source being the Boldo plant. But for being, as with other organoperoxides, explosive. Not counting the likes of biological trioxidane generation as a reactive and short lived intermediate.

Re: above molecules

Those are hughly probable to be active, but may have very high tendency to cause headache (no high tho, just altered perception)

I have tried (+)- isomer and (-)- isomer of 2-amino-2-phenylethane before, its like the above structure without substitutons on that phenyl and replace that ethyl chain with methyl.
A lot of headache from like 20mg

Re: above molecules

Those are hughly probable to be active, but may have very high tendency to cause headache (no high tho, just altered perception)

I have tried (+)- isomer and (-)- isomer of 2-amino-2-phenylethane before, its like the above structure without substitutons on that phenyl and replace that ethyl chain with methyl.
A lot of headache from like 20mg

Any hypothesis on the properties of these compounds with the carbon chain shortened by one, ie: the 2-amino-2-phenylmethanes

Any hypothesis on the properties of these compounds with the carbon chain shortened by one, ie: the 2-amino-2-phenylmethanes

That's not a thing, what you are describing is benzylamine... I don't believe compounds like that are 'neurotransmitter-like', that distance from the phenyl ring to the amine is probably quite critical.

Also, 2-amino-2-phenylethane is incorrect nomenclature in the first place :) You would say that something is in a 2-position when starting count referring to another group that has 'priority' in counting and naming the parts of a molecule (moieties). If both the amine and the phenyl ring attach to the same carbon, that is where you start counting if there are no other groups involved, so both are on the 1-position making it "1-amino-1-phenylethane" or 1-aminophenylethane since your 'reference' point is always on the 1-position if you only have 2 options like in an ethane.
But that is not really the usual approach approach either, actually the 'order' of naming is 1-phenylethylamine (hey we know that name!), or alpha-phenethylamine as opposed to the beta-phenethylamines we have all come to know and love ;P

Last edited:
Alpha-methylbenzylamine is an MAO(a)I IIRC. Pretty sure its been described as alkylating some other CNS constituent, although I can't remember what now.

Status
Not open for further replies.