Renamed: Upgrade Discussion Thread

The mod names under forum categories often overlap the description text, in a way that makes the forum look a complete mess, other than that the theme is much nicer, however that itself is a rather big issue.

I suspect the issue is use of HTML5, which my browser does not support. Unfortunately me and many others can't use HTML5 supporting browsers because: We use Firefox for many addons that we need, aside from HTML5 - Firefox 4 and 5 are huge downgrades from 3.6.

Edit: I took a look in Firebug and I'm thinking it's more likely the CSS.
vbulletin does not use html5. Firefox supports html5 just fine. vbulletin4 has a mass of css bugs.

is bluelight now smarter about images? what i mean is...

it used to be that if you posted an image that was too big, bluelight would resize it. if there were a bunch of pictures on the thread page, this would make things freak out for a moment and take a while to load. so if a pic was big, people nsfw it so that doesn't happen. since the upgrade, it seems like they are already resized when you open the page, and nothing freaks out or takes forever to load.

but also just got a new computer. is it bluelight making things run smoother? and if it is bluelight, and no ones computers freak out anymore, is there still reason to put bigger pics in nsfw tags when posting in post-pictures threads?

thanks!

let's see with this 1600 × 1200 one.

Im_So_Confused_Mantled_Howler_Monkey.jpg

edit: well now, something's changed. technically, BL didn't used to resize large images, it only resized the display of them to a max width of 700px. then you could click on it to view it full size if you wished.

looks like that's gone, and it's a matter on which I have no opinion. works fast though!

^i think it's a big improvement. and you can still see full size version by opening the image in another window.

ah yes - in firefox, right-click/view image. nice one.