• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Promethazine/Xanax

You'll probably go to sleep. Promethazine is very potent sedative and the Xanax is going to only enhance that effect.

Even 12.5mg promethazine will probably still knock you out...

If you don't want to sleep, I wouldn't take any promethazine at all, just the Xanax. Do you have a tolerance for benzodiazepines?

I need 50mg of promethezine to fall asleep, but I am wired strangely I think. It knocks out everyone else I know.. tis my fave opiate potentiator though. Not sure how well it would combine with xanax - I imagine even if you didn't fall asleep you'd just feel extremely lethargic, can't see it adding much really..

Could always try a tiny bit, say a quarter, but really I agree with NT that it won't be worth it at all especially if you definitely don't fancy sleeping!

^This. :)

I'd save the promethazine for potentiating opiates or just as a regular old bedtime sedative. A very small amount (6.25mg or less) may potentiate the Xanax/alprazolam but even then you may end up just going to sleep and wasting your Xanax.

You will most likely fall asleep and have wasted your xanax. It's really not a good mix. Use a small amount with opiates and it will be much better than using it with xanax.

why do you insist on taking the promethazine? it's not like xanax will cause a release of histamine like opiates... im a little confused. an anti-histamine will probably make the experience shitty and extra sedative.

one day, i thought i was going to get some oxy in an a hour or two , so i popped some klonopin and benedryl before. well it turns out i never got the oxy and i was just super fucking tired. i didnt even feel good at all like i normally do with kpin alone. diphenhydramine definitely ruined the experience for me without the oxy

why do you insist on taking the promethazine? it's not like xanax will cause a release of histamine like opiates... im a little confused. an anti-histamine will probably make the experience shitty and extra sedative.

one day, i thought i was going to get some oxy in an a hour or two , so i popped some klonopin and benedryl before. well it turns out i never got the oxy and i was just super fucking tired. i didnt even feel good at all like i normally do with kpin alone. diphenhydramine definitely ruined the experience for me without the oxy

Yea i agree, why take the benadryl xanax dont make you itch. But I disagree with the kpin and benadryl, i love mixing 3mg kpin, with like 7 or 8 benadryl, and a energy shot. Speed ball FTW lol

7 or 8 benedryl?? do you ever experience delirium? i dont like DPH at all and wont take it at all unless im desperate for sleep, i am about to take an opiate, or if i feel intense nausea such as the nausea i get from subs (bup is the only opiate i have ever puked from). alone, it makes me feel reaally weird, i dont know how to described but it sort of feels like i have a pill stuck in my throat and an uncontrollable desire to close my eyes.

again, 7-8 benedryl is over kill man zzzz.... w/e to each his own

7 or 8 benedryl?? do you ever experience delirium? i dont like DPH at all and wont take it at all unless im desperate for sleep, i am about to take an opiate, or if i feel intense nausea such as the nausea i get from subs (bup is the only opiate i have ever puked from). alone, it makes me feel reaally weird, i dont know how to described but it sort of feels like i have a pill stuck in my throat and an uncontrollable desire to close my eyes.

again, 7-8 benedryl is over kill man zzzz.... w/e to each his own

From time to time i do experience delirium, it sucks when it happens, but fuck i have heard of people taking 16 of them to trip balls. I do take like 1 for opiates. I actually don't get nausea, but the only time i get that weird pill feeling in the back of the throat (i get it to) is when i pop a pill and don't chew it (take it whole) so i have to parachute all my pills, weird

Like everyone else said above me more than likely this is going to knock you out. Prothesazine on its own tends to knock me out.

Promethazine doesn't knock me out but I guess I'm the exception. I would need about 100mg to really sedate me. But I don't understand why you'd want to take Xanax with it. You'll just feel really drowsy & lethargic.