Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

A very cool lady turned me on to this.. in the first few minutes realizations that were a part of life changing transformation were thrown out almost verbatim.. check it out

Minimalism

^That's popped up for me a few times. My interest is piqued.

Just started Orange is the New Black after years of being told to give it a go... found some of it quite funny so far. Also weird listening to Kate Mulgrew with a Russian accent.

Into the Inferno. Apologies if Im a million pages behind on the trajectory of the thread, but I've finally taken time-out to procrastinate.

Been looking forward to this. Woop! :D

Horray for directors making money out of developing countries :/
However, at least, it broadens horizons, challenges insular thinking and ethnocentrism...also, volcanoes.

Last edited:
Tin Star, is a good concept but the most insultingly, drawn-out, shite of a production imaginable.

Edit, whoops, Sky production - I lose track of theseorganisations and which label, is which ;)

Yeah I'm not really sure why we have a separate Netflix thread when we already have a more general 'TV shows' thread :)

Just finished my Orange Is The New Black binge - 3 weeks, 5 series. The second series and the series finale was the best imo. The 5th was getting a bit dull. Hopefully they don't drag it out like AMC have The Walking Dead.

I watched The Sinner and it was pretty fucking awful. Terrible use of psychology to "explain" what is an interesting plot. I'm not sure why I kept watching it, maybe I am an optimist.

I'm not sure why I kept watching it, maybe I am an optimist.

It's like when you set yourself a task, you're determined to see it through, even if it gets crappy halfway

Also my couch is very comfortable.

Season 2 of Lady Dynamite is absolutely insane and funny. I love how Maria Bamford tackles bipolar disorder in all its quirkiness.

Watched all The Punisher over the weekend.

The first 4-5 episodes were great.. then it seemed to slow down to a grind in the middle, I found myself tuning out of some of the 'character empathy' scenes that seemed completely out of place and unnecessary. Then the show seemed to come back into its prime in the last couple of episodes.

^ I got stuck as soon as episode 2. First ep was great, but then the punishing just stopped and it became a bit like a dull police procedural. I may try and stick it through.

I have only seen the first episode so far. The writing is really shaky at points (the generic construction worker harassment straight out of another era, the lunchtime exposition conversation) but Berthal sells the character really well and I'm interested in where they might go with the support group.

^ I got stuck as soon as episode 2. First ep was great, but then the punishing just stopped and it became a bit like a dull police procedural. I may try and stick it through.

Yeah agreed.

It slows down a lot during the middle.. The Punisher is a simple concept, but the show tries to complicate it later on and it felt like a boring police drama.. trying to make me care for characters and a plot I had no interest in. It sort of redeemed itself a bit towards the end but in my opinion the problem is that primordial rage that the viewer can emphasize with after ones loved ones/family is murdered doesn't quite exist in this.. it's more like the lingering after-effects and then trying to build a story out of that.

I would of liked to see them start from the beginning, instead of it been a continuation of his character from Daredevil.

Been watching the trailer park boys: out of the park 'Eourpe',
Its pretty entertaining watching the crew tour Eourpe and have to do tasks for either food,weed,or drink money. I know its staged, its just funny as fuck

Just finished binge waching Ozark and loved every episode. Right now I'm watching handmaid's tale on hulu and it is amazing. It won best drama for a reason.

I can barely stand to watch Handmaid's tale because it gives me nightmares but I did manage to finish the season. Now the question remains to be seen what a pregnant Offred will face when she inevitably meets her husband in Canada. My husband and son just finished Ozark and both liked it a lot. I'll try to to watch it when I can.

I can also vouch for Ozark. Jason Bateman is great in it.

I tried watching Handmaid’s Tale but I just couldn’t get into it.