Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I've been rewatching Frasier because the last time I ran through all 11 seasons, I was in the midst of heavy etizolam abuse. It's like watching the show for the first time again heheh.

It's a damn good and relate-able show for me. In fact I think it just my be the best classic sitcom of all time. The Office is the best to me, but it's not a classic style sitcom. Parks and Rec is high up there too, but again, not the classic sitcom style.

I've been rewatching Frasier because the last time I ran through all 11 seasons, I was in the midst of heavy etizolam abuse. It's like watching the show for the first time again heheh.

It's a damn good and relate-able show for me. In fact I think it just my be the best classic sitcom of all time. The Office is the best to me, but it's not a classic style sitcom. Parks and Rec is high up there too, but again, not the classic sitcom style.

OMG! I know exactly what you mean. When I used to be hooked on Etiz, I watched everything twice. Major amnesia. Glad those days are long gone.

Frasier is great.

Side note: The Kindergarten Teacher with Maggie Gyllenhaal is a really good movie on Netflix. She's totally obsessed with this 5 year old student. It gets scary.

^that description sold me. narrative about obsession is the best.

i remember when the personalized predicted ratings that netflix provided got so accurate for me that it was annoying. they?ve switched their system up several times since. now i use justwatch.com, which is alright. biggest flaw is no way to exclude genres in the filter. and they liberally label movies many genres. if i set the filter to romance and fantasy, it includes documentaries it thinks are romantic or fantastical. plus it categorizes stand up as a movie which muddies things up. will check out instantwatch.

A Little Princess is on instant. haven?t seen it since it came out on vhs. excited to rewatch. hoping eight-year-old me had good taste in film. at my parents? with additional family for thanksgiving, so probably gonna have to wait until nfl is over before any attempt to commandeer the tv for such purpose.

I have been enjoying Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I had never heard of this show before I started watching it a few days ago. I didn't understand what the fuck was going for the first 15 minutes but once I figured it out I quickly became a fan. At first I thought I was watching some kind of kids singing/dancing show like yo gabba gabba.

Watched the first episode of Making a Murderer, second series - they are seriously capitalising on the first and scratching the surface, but its watchable.

I have spent so much time away from entertainment am struggling to find anything entertaining.

Recommends appreciated! Anything not mainstream media shit, would be awesome - am out of the loop

Watched the first episode of Making a Murderer, second series - they are seriously capitalising on the first and scratching the surface, but its watchable.

I have spent so much time away from entertainment am struggling to find anything entertaining.

Recommends appreciated! Anything not mainstream media shit, would be awesome - am out of the loop

There's a new true crime documentary called 'The Innocent Man'. It came out yesterday. You should probably watch that instead. The second series of 'Making a Murderer' is basically rehashing what we already know. It's sad because even though Steven has the best lawyer now, the case still seems hopeless. The Supreme Court and everywhere in between is adamant about keeping them locked up.

There's a really cute, feel-good type of movie on Netflix starring Jennifer Aniston called 'Dumplin'', you might like it.

R0mr.gif

Hey.. Once Upon A Time in America is on netflix.. Just came across this.. I love this movie.. Check it out if you have three hours or so. If so what did u think?
Saw it a good few years back, very good film.

Currently watching Making A Murderer season 2 on Netflix.

Steven Avery's new lawyer is Kathleen Zellner, I like the cut of her jib.

PS: I like the way she is going after Teresa's ex-boyfriend, Ryan. He led the search party and always seemed guilty to me. Jerkoff.

Zellner is a phenomenal, professional - along with her team ( and Brendan' s defence - would restore your faith in humanity). Whatever the outcome, just how she has doggedly worked to unveil the idiotic ineptitude and corruption of the state institutions involved in this house of cards, is wonderful imo.

Last edited:
There's a new true crime documentary called 'The Innocent Man'. It came out yesterday. You should probably watch that instead. The second series of 'Making a Murderer' is basically rehashing what we already know. It's sad because even though Steven has the best lawyer now, the case still seems hopeless. The Supreme Court and everywhere in between is adamant about keeping them locked up.

There's a really cute, feel-good type of movie on Netflix starring Jennifer Aniston called 'Dumplin'', you might like it.

Sorry CFC - had completely missed this post, previously. Thanks for the first recommend.

When I had written my previous post on MAM - like a genius, I had streamed the last episode, first - so, was watching it thinking it was the first episode;hence why ( in my review) it appeared stagnant (granted I had four assignments and was working, so fuck it, my mistake was context relevant!) ;) :p)
it
The second may be watched, not meh thing but I am partial to watching some worse tripe,on occasion ; that I will only discuss within the circle of trust support group, for people who watch shite lol ;) :p

Last edited:
Sorry CFC - had completely missed this post, previously. Thanks for the first recommend.

When I had written my previous post on MAM - like a genius, I had streamed the last episode, first - so, was watching it thinking it was the first episode;hence why ( in my review) it appeared stagnant (granted I had four assignments and was working, so fuck it, my mistake was context relevant!) ;) :p)
it
The second may be watched, not meh thing but I am partial to watching some worse tripe,on occasion ; that I will only discuss within the circle of trust support group, for people who watch shite lol ;) :p

Haha I understand. If you're into end-of-the-world type thrillers, you might like 'Bird Box'.

Currently watching 'The Haunting of Hill House' on Netflix. Starring Michiel Huisman. I've seen him in Game of Thrones and love him.

I'm completely enthralled so far. This show looks like a video game.