Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I'm nearing season six. Every season starts with them getting out of jail lol. I'm amazed at how watchable the show is, despite the fact that even though every season has the exact same basic plot: steal shit to sell/grow to dope., make shit ton of money, lose that money because they always end up pulling out guns. Over and over... yet always hilarious! Such a classic.
Yeahhhh. I like how even though they do fucked up things they always take the time to show the nice things they do too. Like when Patrick swayze buys back the trailer or ravine gets the encylcopedias for his daughter. They also emphasize how the boys are family even though they don't really have any as are the people of the park. I mean obviously Ray's dad of the year but still. There's also swearnet for a shitload of awesome original content of them as the boys themselves and other characters! I've gotta watch the new season. I was crushed when John dunsworth died. It was only a little bit over a month before I was set to see him perform and now I never will....:( As far as it being bad I love it to much. Some of the characters left but they've been performing for over a decade. That happens. It's a bit played out definitely but it's still good IMO. P.S. The boys and everyone was always a cariacture. It's a running joke!;)

I've gotta check my list but I know I wanted to watch Money heist and 100 with a few others...

No, their characters used to be complex and nuanced. They had real personality and chemistry. Now it's just like, Julian is doing a parody of Julian. Ricky is doing a parody of Ricky. And Bubbles has changed his character so much it's ridiculous. Like I said, they are getting better with each season, but seasons 8 and 9 are trash. Are there a couple of funny moments? Yeah. And I love the show so much I'll always watch no matter what. But Clattenburg was the key to the show. Sad but true.

Veronica is fantastic. The Spanish know how to do horror.

Anyone watched the series Flint Town about the beleaguered Flint, Michigan police department? Watching it so far, I've concluded that cops will never get the respect they deserve because many of them don't respect the community they police and vice versa. It's a vicious circle and I'm not sure there's a solution. I'm also left wondering why (because Flint is a city in such dire straits) the city just doesn't do away with the police department and outsource law enforcement to the county sheriff's department. There was a man who called in an assault and robbery and the police didn't show up at his home for 27 hours.

I'm so close to the Flint situation, I couldn't make myself watch it. The whole thing is sickening. I was watching the local news tonight. Breaking news is there was a $4.1 million settlement.

"The settlement will allow children to be screened through the Flint Registry created by Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, director of the MSU-Hurley Pediatric Public Health Initiative. Hanna-Attisha was instrumental in raising concerns about lead levels in children's blood after the water supply was switched."

Last edited:
i bet.

a lecturer at my college in edinburgh in 1986 was a rajaneeshi! complete with the maroon clothes and the picture of the bhagwan.

alasdair

Whoa, it's sad how these cult leaders prey on the vulnerable. That's why you have to be strong-minded, have some kind of foundation and sense of who you are or you'll fall for any kind of foolishness.

I've only seen the 1st episode of Wild Wild Country and liked it, might continue later.

^Absolutely, keep yourself strong, and know yourself (warts especially) better than anyone. ;)

It's a great doc but would have loved to have disclosed more biographical info in the OSHA( or whatever title he's administered himself, presently ?)

I just finished watching The Sinner with Jessica Biel.

I realize this came out last year sometime so i'm late the party but damn, that whole show was full-on. It's been a while since I felt this impending dread as the story unraveled. It felt like discovering a dark truth about yourself, shrouded in trauma.

Anyone watched the series Flint Town about the beleaguered Flint, Michigan police department? Watching it so far, I've concluded that cops will never get the respect they deserve because many of them don't respect the community they police and vice versa. It's a vicious circle and I'm not sure there's a solution. I'm also left wondering why (because Flint is a city in such dire straits) the city just doesn't do away with the police department and outsource law enforcement to the county sheriff's department. There was a man who called in an assault and robbery and the police didn't show up at his home for 27 hours.

I watched all of it.

I don't live in the U.S but I found this show interesting, because it's real and it seems like a complex situation with many contributing factors.

Last edited:
I just finished watching The Sinner with Jessica Biel.

I realize this came out last year sometime so i'm late the party but damn, that whole show was full-on. It's been a while since I felt this impending dread as the story unraveled. It felt like discovering a dark truth about yourself, shrouded in trauma.

Jessica Biel was great in The Sinner. I remember a nasty feeling while watching it, it's a really dark show. I'd only recommend not watching it if you're depressed or in a crappy mood.

Same with Evil Genius, it's a new documentary on Netflix, but when you see the bomb exploding around the neck of the pizza delivery guy, you're filled with dread.
The Erie, Pennsylvania police seemed like a bunch of incompetent dummies who did an awful job with the case from the start.

The new series 'Safe' on Netflix is brilliant so far! Starring Michael C. Hall from Dexter. He's playing a Brit.

I watched the entire Trailer Park Boys series straight over 5-7 days, when I was laid up with a nasty flu.

I just meant lucky bingeing it all at once like that lol. I have the entire series on dvd (I don't really recognize anything post season 7). All the movies as well. Flu sucks tho.

Yeah, it sucked, but show helped me feel better.

I wouldn?t mind having the entire series and movies.

Rip Mr Lahey

Frig off!

In other news: Fiance and I are rewatching That 70s Show. Always a classic.

Frig off!.

nkpO0Ke.jpg

Same with Evil Genius, it's a new documentary on Netflix, but when you see the bomb exploding around the neck of the pizza delivery guy, you're filled with dread.
The Erie, Pennsylvania police seemed like a bunch of incompetent dummies who did an awful job with the case from the start.

So I just got around to watching this.

I live outside the U.S so I'd never heard of this case and knew nothing about it.. I actually jumped in my seat when that bomb went off. I just wasn't expecting it.. I knew what was going to happen but the guy seemed so calm that it threw me off. Then bang, scared the shit out of me.

So I just got around to watching this.

I live outside the U.S so I'd never heard of this case and knew nothing about it.. I actually jumped in my seat when that bomb went off. I just wasn't expecting it.. I knew what was going to happen but the guy seemed so calm that it threw me off. Then bang, scared the shit out of me.

Right? I think Brian Wells was calm at first because he was hoping the bomb wouldn't actually go off. Once it started beeping around his neck, the fear overtook him. My heart went out to his family. The police didn't handle it well at all and tried to make him a culprit in the situation. He seemed like an innocent victim of truly evil people.

Netflix is coming out with another true crime documentary series, June 8th. Friday.
The Staircase:

https://youtu.be/Bvv97sCcruY

If you enjoy American sitcoms then check out The Ranch if you haven't already. I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Lots of appearances from the cast of That 70's show. Part 5 was just released a few days ago.