Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I thought "The Staircase" was pretty interesting. Anyone else see it?

I don't know, but I don't think Mike did it.

I thought "The Staircase" was pretty interesting. Anyone else see it?

I don't know, but I don't think Mike did it.

That guy is totally off. As more details about his character came out, I definitely believe he did it. He seems like a compulsive liar and probably a sociopath. He wanted every one to think he was perfect and when that image was shattered, he snapped and killed his wife. It's no coincidence his ex wife died the exact same way.

Only one of his daughters has a brain of her own and thinks he did it. She isn't in complete denial like the other children. He sucks people in with his charismatic personality. People like him know exactly what they're doing. Vulnerable and naive types are the ones who are under his spell.

I still feel bad for him because he lies so much, maybe he believes his own lies. He wanted this picture perfect image and family life that was unsustainable. There's still something likable about him so I ended up feeling sorry for him in the end.

Last edited:
Anyone else like that Grand Designs show ? Only watched two episodes so far but very interesting. I'm going randomly, not in order. Watched the gay farmhouse couple and the treehouse one.

Season 2 of GLOW is out! Love Marc Maron's performance as usual. hehe

Yeah, GLOW is surprsingly great for what it is. Maron's character is fucking awesome.

It's a shame Kevin Spacey turned out to be such a dick grabber. I really would have liked to have seen how House of Cards ends. I know we are still getting a final season, but I think we can all anticipate the shitshow it will be.

Outside of new seasons of shows like BoJack or OitNB, I mainly hop on Netflix for standup. They have really cornered the market where that is concerned, which is something of an understatement when you consider that in 2017 they hosted a Louis CK special, a Sarah Silverman special, Chris Rock's first special after over a decade of retirement, and four Dave Chapelle specials, who also by the way came out of a decade-plus retirement. Shit is nuts.

I've already watched four episodes of the new season of Orange is the New Black. I had to make myself stop. It only came out yesterday!

Just finished the third and final season of "El Chapo".

I actually really enjoyed the series.. despite being low budget I think I enjoyed it more than Narco's. It seemed to have something that kept me interested.

Movie: Hostiles Very well done. Studied Native American history taught by a top notch professor at CSU as part of an American history course and loved the sociological and phycological interplay this piece brought forth. great film.

I've been slowly working my way through I Am A Killer, a series of 10 episodes each featuring a murderer, sentenced to death, telling of their life and crimes. Really pretty fascinating, overly dramatised at times, but relatively well balanced overall. Definitely worth a watch if you like any true crime stuff.

Recently finished the most recent seasons of Orange is the New Black and Shameless. Hopefully there will be good stuff coming out to keep me preoccupied until the new seasons come out a year from now. Also watched the first season of Insatiable. It's entertaining, but I think you have to know the American south to fully understand it. It's basically about the cutthroat world of beauty pageants and features a colorful array of characters most of whom are rich assholes living in a fictional Atlanta suburb where the women, despite their wealth are still basically trailer trash and the men are effeminate and obviously gay, even though they have families (think Todd Chrisley).

It's not Netflix, but I also finished the second season of Goliath (legal drama) with Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon Prime. Now working my way through Six Feet Under also on Amazon Prime.

Watching The Clone Wars with my fiance lately. It's pretty damn good, honestly if I had young kids I wouldn't let them watch it till they were ten or older, it can be pretty adult. Lots of people die.

Anyways, great show, possibly the best, most adult addition to the Star Wars series yet.

It's probably been mentioned already in here but Wentworth is a great show. They just added the newest season a few days ago.

I picked up on Ozark and found it not as bad as some others had mentioned a few pages back. Sure it had slow spots but I carved out time 5 nights a week to willingly burn through it. Now Ozark ll is out so I'll be back here soon enough.

Just finished watching season 8 of Walking Dead, was good. Continuing to watch Bojack Horseman until I pick a different series to watch....maybe Maniac.

Hey.. Once Upon A Time in America is on netflix.. Just came across this.. I love this movie.. Check it out if you have three hours or so. If so what did u think?

Started watching Ozark. Not particularly impressed with it so far.

Just finished watching season 8 of Walking Dead, was good. Continuing to watch Bojack Horseman until I pick a different series to watch....maybe Maniac.

"Maniac" had some great moments and it's very relatable if you suffer from depression and feel like a guinea pig for psychiatrists.

The chemistry between Jonah Hill and Emma Stone is incredible. It was fun watching them play different characters. Justin Theroux is hilarious as their doctor! He is the best part of the show. He had me cracking up.

With that said, I probably wouldn't recommend it. At least the show is only 10 episodes because it gets more ridiculous toward the end. It's something to watch if nothing else is available. Just letting you know you might be kinda turned off by it at a certain point.

Currently watching Making A Murderer season 2 on Netflix.

Steven Avery's new lawyer is Kathleen Zellner, I like the cut of her jib.

PS: I like the way she is going after Teresa's ex-boyfriend, Ryan. He led the search party and always seemed guilty to me. Jerkoff.

Last edited: