⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Still on a documentary kick. Recently watched

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Street artists like Banksy and the man who filmed them. I like the set up on this one and the ending was unexpected.

Between the Folds - Modern origami artists. Interesting to see the different styles from precise and mathematical to organic and evolving.

the art of the steal infuriated me! I was sick to my stomach.

Same here, good documentary though.

wow, didn't know Exit Through the Gift Shop was available through online stream.

Thanks chrissie. :)

Brick - Great homage to 50's detective noir in a modern highschool setting... and it works very well.
Hard Eight - Paul Thomas Anderson's first movie. Some of John C. Riley's best acting. Hell, everyone was great in this one.
True Stories - David Byrne's 80's opus. Full of his style and sensibilities. It's delightfully bizarre. Fantastic soundtrack to go with it.
The Man from Earth - I've watched this movie countless times and it never gets old.
Blood into Wine - Documentary about Maynard Keenan from Tool and his vineyard.
The Fall - One of the most visually stunning movies I've seen in ages, with a great story to back it up.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension - One of the most entertaining sci-fi flicks ever. Clever, fun and funny.
The Zero Effect - The world's best PI is also a wreck of a human being. Too bad you can't get the directors commentary on the stream. Jake Kasden is a genius.
The Devil's Backbone - Really spooky flick from Guillermo del Toro, my personal favorite of all his movies.

True Stories - David Byrne's 80's opus. Full of his style and sensibilities. It's delightfully bizarre. Fantastic soundtrack to go with it.

Thank you for that one. I looked it up and watched it as soon as I read your post. It was very funny. So interesting.

I only briefly skimmed through this (and stopped to watch "the man from earth"- good suggestion)

Not sure if Falling Down was suggested. Michael Douglas as a guy who gets fed up with the world. Very ironically, the last night I spent with my now ex, I watched this movie while she slept (2 weeks ago today). The next day found out she was cheating.

Decided not to go on a rampage, despite my arsenal ;)

Shrink
it stars Kevin Spacey as a psychiatrist with a massive marijuana habit.
shrink.jpg

Jean-Michel Basquiat - The Radiant Child

Very interesting documentary on the artist and his short but monumental career.

I saw Exit Through The Gift Shop and couldn't help but think that it was like Borat of the art world.
I think Banksy was definitely behind it and is having us all on a bit.
It'll be interesting to find out more details over time.

:D

Pandorum was excellent, a well-crafted combination of sci-fi action, horror, and psychosis drama. It will keep you guessing and enthralled to the end.

anyone who is looking for an emotional documentary, i highly (heh heh) recommend Restrepo. i thought it was incredible, and even as a documentary i put it in my top 5 war movies

watching that right now^
holy shit. must watch.

i am still here. the movie about joaquin phoenix's rap career.

I tried to watch this the other day but couldnt make it through the first half hour :D

I might have enjoyed it more if I hadnt learned it was a mockumentary beforehand.

A good deal of MST3K is available, though some of the better ones are disc only. I whole-heartedly recommend The Pod People.

Pandorum was excellent, a well-crafted combination of sci-fi action, horror, and psychosis drama. It will keep you guessing and enthralled to the end.

I have to disagree. This is one of the most mind-numbingly bad movies I have ever seen in any genre. It's not because I have a problem with this or that, it's because it is bad and boring at the same time. I accidentally saw it in theaters and had a headache when it was over, just a dull pain.

ego_loss got me hooked on blue mountain state this weekend. the first two seasons are on instant play.

I have to disagree. This is one of the most mind-numbingly bad movies I have ever seen in any genre. It's not because I have a problem with this or that, it's because it is bad and boring at the same time. I accidentally saw it in theaters and had a headache when it was over, just a dull pain.

I can see where you're coming from. I went into it with about those expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised. I also think there's an art to making a good "bad movie", and Pandorum would certainly qualify as one. I guess it really depends on your mood at the time.

Most of the really good stuff has already been mentioned.

Arrested Development

Zombieland

all of Nova

Parks and Recreation