Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I'm working on Dexter currently. Season 1 was good now I'm on season 2. I like it so far but 8 seasons does seem like a bit much.

Anybody else absolutely loooove Bojack Horseman?

No I have heard good things though. Will check out.

I also just rewatched Breaking Bad in its entirety. For some reason it didn't seem as impressive the second time around? Still thought it was great

Last edited:
^Rake is awesome :)

ATM, I've been watching Orphan Black. Its really good, despite being a bit cheesy at times. I like the idea and the atmosphere I get from it. Perfect stuff to watch when sick. I'm at the end of Season 2...

^ hell yea. super cozy and chill to binge watch while sick. i had a great time with a warm buzz all night watchin s1 non stop

stick with it. gets convoluted/messy but last season was extremely good and appears set to finish strong.

Well, finally finished Dexter and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Season 5, 6, and 8 were the least impressive of the eight seasons, the fourth one probably being my favorite because the Trinity Killer was by far the best villain out of any of the other seasons. The theme of a sociopath killer trying to make the transformation into an actual human being really was very interesting, and I just loved the dark, depressing mood/atmosphere. You just knew there was going to be no happy ending for anybody in that show. My poor sweet Debra :(

Many viewers complained about the ending, and although I didn't think season 8 was great or anything I thought the ending seemed fitting. Dexter finally came to the conclusion upon losing his soul mate Debra that everyone he loved or cared about was doomed due to the nature of what he was. No matter what, he couldn't rid himself of the Dark Passenger, ultimately himself. So he left his son with Hannah (fellow serial killer, though only when necessary lol) and wished them luck after sending them off to Argentina. It could have ended better in some aspects but overall, Dexter got what he deserved. A life in solitude as a lumberjack. Suicide would have been too easy. I believe things would have turned out differently for Dexter if his dad hadn't encouraged his killings by teaching him to channel it. There was more human to Dexter then he knew. He felt bad about what he had done and all of the lives he had ruined.

Where are these Black Mirror episodes????

Is there anything worth checking out on Netflix right now? Couldn't tell you when the last time I saw a good movie on there was.

penny dreadful, dexter (debra <3 ) and black mirror are all great shows.

i've been inhaling 'californication'. i started with s01e01 about two weeks ago and i am now half way through the seventh and final season. i don't know why but i'm worried that the ending is going to disappoint. i'm not sure if i'll be more satisfied if [spoil]hank and karen end up together or apart[/spoil]

series 1 was absolutely outstanding. it's blown a bit hot and cold since season 2 but it's always been enjoyable because of the ensemble cast, the writing and the debauchery :)

alasdair

^ excellent. did you watch the black mirror xmas special? it was outstanding.

let me know what you think of californication.

alasdair

Yes, White Christmas has been my favorite episode by far. They really took it to a whole other level. I watched it three times lol. That one has really stuck with me. Jon Hamm did a great job. My expectations for season 3 are high!

What's good for mobster or drug dealing movie on netflix now? couldn't find anything.

Narcos is okay but pretty typical. Plus we sorta know how it finishes...

I finished orphan black. Looking forward to the last season.

They've got every single season of every single Star Trek series on Netflix... Just wrapped up the TNG era (TNG, DS9, Voyager) a few weeks ago after a two year journey, then moved onto Enterprise (bleck), and now I'm wrapping it all up by watching the Original Series. Already seen most, if not all of the movies. I'm officially a huge ass nerd 8)

Been runnin train on shameless as of late

Older bro the one who really watch it but not bad

i love that show - i'd give anything to have that family

The Get Down

didn't want to like this - i hate music in tv, and 1977 bronx? i was wrong, the pilot floored me. disco divas, the roots of techno and the black samurai angle.