Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Kratom) | Very Experienced | Experimenting with and without Tagamet

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
There seems to be much disagreement whether Tagamet actually does potentiate opioids and kratom or not. Personally, I almost have always used Cimetidine before taking kratom because I had a strong belief it worked but no proof. I decided once and for all, after shelling out another ~$8 for a bottle of Tagamet, to see if this actually is making a difference. It appears that it does make a big difference and completely changes the way the drug works.

Day 1:

~10g kratom, plain bali powdered leaf
Low stomach contents
2 or 3 days since last usage
NO Tagamet used

I ingest the kratom as usual, with a big gulp of OJ, all in one swallow. I wait, wait, wait, and wait, and the strong euphoria I normally get from my routine Tagamet+kratom dosage never came. Instead, I started to feel all body high, with mild euphoria in my joints and lower abdomen, and very feeling heavy and sedated. Also, quite nauseus the whole time, moreso than usual. The high was quite disappointing, and there actually was a hangover after! I felt horrible body withdrawal symptoms after it wore off, including restless legs, sweats and joint aches, but not much anxiety or depression.

Day 2 (the very next day):

400mg cimetidine taken ~45 minutes before the kratom
~10g kratom, plain bali powdered leaf
About the same stomach contents

Gulped w/ OJ just the same. Within 15 minutes, that familiar oxycodone-like euphoria starts creeping over me with minimal nausea. It gets stronger and stronger, stimulating my body and mind in it's gentle and pleasant nature. I get the urge to get up and clean the house (as usual), feeling euphoric, happy, comfortable, talkative and social. Nearly no body high or sedation to speak of, just lovely euphoria all in my head. The high lasts as long as I expected it to, gently floating me back down without any kind of nasty hangover or withdrawal to speak of.

In conclusion, it seems like without cimetidine, most of the kratom goes to the lower-body, stimulating the opioid receptors elsewhere and not as much in the brain, thus creating all body high and negligible head-euphoria. While adding Tagamet ~45 minutes prior to the kratom seems like nearly all effects of the drug were felt in the brain as opposed to the body producing strong euphoria and CNS stimulation.

It's probably worth mentioning that I use 10g of kratom pretty much every other day, and have for the past year, and by using this method, I find tolerance to build extremely slowly, producing satisfactory effects anywhere from 7-10g, every single time, with little-to-no reduction in effectiveness. I also find the withdrawal symptoms after NOT using Tagamet are absolutely horrible, while after using Tagamet, symptoms are negligible and easily could just be written off as simple cravings similar to marijuana cravings.

Thoughts? :)

Very interesting. I will have to give that a try. The only type of Kratom that works for me is a particular extract I found which is pretty expensive. Plain leaf never works, but if I could find something that potentiates it well it would be ideal.

I Just ordered some powdered bali so I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks for posting.

Sure thing guys! I know this is valuable data so I figured I should share my findings. I wouldn't use kratom without it at this point.

I'm also curious to see if less/more cimetidine results in different effects.

I've tried a couple extracts and isolates, none of them ever impressed me. I still needed at least 4+ grams of any extract to feel anything and it would ALWAYS fall short of a good ol' 10g cup of plain leaf. Even Maeng Da is a rip off at 2x the price of bali. It's most certainly NOT 2x as good!!

^

So true, I dismissed kratom for the longest time because I always tried extracts. Plain crushed leaf is the shit though!

First off. ArtVandalay. Sick name.

I just wanted to agree with you guys. 10g of bali is what i take every morning before work, it gets me through the day. everytime I crave another drug, i just take some bali. It seriously has saved me. Extracts suck, bali is the way to go. Thai is also not bad.

I have also noticed with cimetidine to do this to kratom, tried it once taking it at the same time with kratom,and the effects were boosted like 2x..