Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Extract

Mac98

Bluelighter
Hey everyone

I've tried magic mushrooms twice in my life and I couldn't handle the nausea nor my body's reaction to the substance (extreme drop of energy and high fever). I have a fragile digestive tract and so have trouble with eating the shrooms.

I've tried it in tea form before and I didn't really get high. When I ate it the trip was amazing! Truely inspiring but I was unable to fully benefit from the experience because of the stomach troubles.

I wanted to know if there's a place I can find out how to extract psilocybin or if it's even possible to purchase it (no need to know where, I'm aware it's against the site's policy to do so). Actually, is it even POSSIBLE to extract psilocyn or psilocybin?

I would LOVE to be able to trip out without having the stomach problems.

Thanks.

4-AcO-DMT is metabolized to psilocin in vivo.

Mushrooms can vary in strength, and psilocin alkaloids are soluble in acidic water. Try adding a bit of lemon juice and using a known good batch of shrooms.

Extracting psilocin is too much work for the layperson. It's possible, but messy and needs lab equipment.

Psilocin all by itself can cause stomach/gut issues just because it's a strong serotonin agonist, but I think the mushroom tissue just didn't agree with you.

Ive heard of someone who was going to extract the psilocybin and put it into blotter, but Im not sure if he did or if it worked.
You could try chewing the shrooms up very fine and eating them slowly over an hour, that might help

IIRC, psilocin/cybin doses are much too large for placement on blotter. i wanna say its at least double digit milligrams, thinkin around 20mg is average.

10mg psilocin is more than enough for most people to get to a +2/+3.

Incidentally, I had my most nausea free shroom experience through slitting open a Mars Bar and pouring the fine powder along inside, then closing it up again. It just ate like a normal Mars Bar. God knows what possessed me to come up that though...

Incidentally, I had my most nausea free shroom experience through slitting open a Mars Bar and pouring the fine powder along inside, then closing it up again. It just ate like a normal Mars Bar. God knows what possessed me to come up that though...

thats pretty brilliant though man! my stomach also doesnt play nice with psilocybes, and that might be what ill try the next time theres fungus among us lol.

edit: @sekio, my number were slightly off then, but 10mg is still too big to absorb into paper anywhere close as small as a standard size blotter hit, right?

Hey everyone

I've tried magic mushrooms twice in my life and I couldn't handle the nausea nor my body's reaction to the substance (extreme drop of energy and high fever). I have a fragile digestive tract and so have trouble with eating the shrooms.

I've tried it in tea form before and I didn't really get high. When I ate it the trip was amazing! Truely inspiring but I was unable to fully benefit from the experience because of the stomach troubles.

I wanted to know if there's a place I can find out how to extract psilocybin or if it's even possible to purchase it (no need to know where, I'm aware it's against the site's policy to do so). Actually, is it even POSSIBLE to extract psilocyn or psilocybin?

I would LOVE to be able to trip out without having the stomach problems.

Thanks.

Buy 4-aco-dmt. As mentioned, it is a pro-drug for 4-HO-DMT, the effects are remarkably similar and "smoother." It is available in powder form.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I appreciate the advice.

Buy 4-aco-dmt. As mentioned, it is a pro-drug for 4-HO-DMT, the effects are remarkably similar and "smoother." It is available in powder form.

How long does a 4-aco-dmt high last? And how closely does it resemble shrooms? How much do I have to take to get high and finally, what do you mean by "smoother"? You mean it's more pleasant or not as intense a high?

Remember it is a class A drug - so if it's intercepted on it's way to you or the police get hold of your credit card details then you can expect a call at dawn and being dragged kicking and screaming out of your bed by the testicles.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I appreciate the advice.

How long does a 4-aco-dmt high last?

This can be variable, just like with shrooms... I would say a little bit longer than how long a shrooms trip lasts for you.

And how closely does it resemble shrooms?

Extremely closely. The visuals, headspace and audio distortion are almost, but not quite identical to mushrooms. There may be some small characteristics unique to 4-aco-dmt, but they are too nebulous to describe or point out. Essentially, it's a shroom trip with some minor differences.

How much do I have to take to get high

You can check erowid or the big and dandy 4-aco-dmt thread for dosages, it varies from person to person - I like to take about 50-75mg to replicate a 5g + mushroom trip, 30-40mg for an eight mushrooms trip, 20-30 for a 2g trip. But this by no means a range that applies to everyone: start low, work up. You'll find 4-aco-dmt cheaper than mushrooms most likely so you can afford to work up a little bit.

and finally, what do you mean by "smoother"? You mean it's more pleasant or not as intense a high?

Smoother essentially in the way that you're looking for. The come up is less jarring, mentally confusing, and harsh on the body. Minimal nausea compared to mushrooms, IME.

There are some minor differences experienced trippers might notice but on the by and large, its pretty evident to me that 4-aco-DMT is metabolized into 4-ho-DMT. Very similar, and the few differences I noticed (after dozens to hundreds of trials) in me and my friends was that sometimes the comeup was a little faster, and the body feelings were a bit smoother. YMMV but overall, 4-aco-DMT or the lemon-tek mentioned above are the solutions I would use.

In my personal experience, 4-aco does not equal 4-ho, there are qualitative differences. I find 4-ho-dmt is wavy and things breathe and grow. On 4-aco-dmt the hallucinations are much more like nndmt, things swell and sparkle like they're covered in a jeweled surface.

I've taken 4-ho-met and 4-aco-met is on my chopping block just to make sure.

^Agreed, but for someone relatively inexperienced with mushrooms who is just looking for a mushroom-like trip with minimal nausea, 4-aco is still a good replacement. It's not exactly the same, but it's damn similar in quite a few respects and that is worth negating the nausea OP suffers, IMO.

At any rate, I actually find the qualitative differences in 4-aco superior to mushrooms... so shouldn't hurt to try them.

If you can get it/are willing to order it, it sounds great. Otherwise try making tea again with shrooms, it does work well if you do it right and have real shrooms.

You can counteract the variable potency to an extent by buying/picking/growing a large batch, then drying and powdering them. The powder will have a uniform potency so you just need to work out how much you need of that batch.

i've been taking a lot of "psilocybin" this summer...

i put it in quotes because i'm not 100% sure that it's actual psilocybin (for all i know it could be just another rc) because i've never heard of it being extracted before. but it comes in powder form in little capsules and i'd assume 20 mg or so per cap. i DO feel like i could take a shit ton of them though. the most i've taken was 5 caps and although that was pretty bitchin i still feel like i could handle more... :/ shit just gets expensive.

that being said, the trip is not really comparable to shrooms in any way for me. i don't know if that's because the actual ingestion of the mushrooms makes such a big difference or if it's because this stuff just really isn't legit psilocybin. but for me, visuals are way less intense than shrooms and there isn't NEARLY as much nausea. it's always a fun and happy time though, which i actually don't really like because i miss the EVILness of a good shroom trip... :b

edit: BUT, my dealer has been selling it to me as psilocybin extract. so i hope the fucker's telling the truth, but you never know! good luck!!