• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Extract

If you can get it/are willing to order it, it sounds great. Otherwise try making tea again with shrooms, it does work well if you do it right and have real shrooms.

You can counteract the variable potency to an extent by buying/picking/growing a large batch, then drying and powdering them. The powder will have a uniform potency so you just need to work out how much you need of that batch.

That won't change the potency of the overall batch though, which is highly variable in and of itself.

i've been taking a lot of "psilocybin" this summer...

i put it in quotes because i'm not 100% sure that it's actual psilocybin (for all i know it could be just another rc) because i've never heard of it being extracted before. but it comes in powder form in little capsules and i'd assume 20 mg or so per cap. i DO feel like i could take a shit ton of them though. the most i've taken was 5 caps and although that was pretty bitchin i still feel like i could handle more... :/ shit just gets expensive.

that being said, the trip is not really comparable to shrooms in any way for me. i don't know if that's because the actual ingestion of the mushrooms makes such a big difference or if it's because this stuff just really isn't legit psilocybin. but for me, visuals are way less intense than shrooms and there isn't NEARLY as much nausea. it's always a fun and happy time though, which i actually don't really like because i miss the EVILness of a good shroom trip... :b

edit: BUT, my dealer has been selling it to me as psilocybin extract. so i hope the fucker's telling the truth, but you never know! good luck!!

Thanks. I wish for you there was a psilocybin testing kit like there is for MDMA. You should create one :p

i put it in quotes because i'm not 100% sure that it's actual psilocybin (for all i know it could be just another rc) because i've never heard of it being extracted before. but it comes in powder form in little capsules and i'd assume 20 mg or so per cap. i DO feel like i could take a shit ton of them though. the most i've taken was 5 caps and although that was pretty bitchin i still feel like i could handle more... :/ shit just gets expensive.

that being said, the trip is not really comparable to shrooms in any way for me. i don't know if that's because the actual ingestion of the mushrooms makes such a big difference or if it's because this stuff just really isn't legit psilocybin. but for me, visuals are way less intense than shrooms and there isn't NEARLY as much nausea. it's always a fun and happy time though, which i actually don't really like because i miss the EVILness of a good shroom trip... :b

edit: BUT, my dealer has been selling it to me as psilocybin extract. so i hope the fucker's telling the truth, but you never know! good luck!!

It is very very very very very unlikely it is actually psilocybin

I thought 4-aco-DMT was a lot more like a slow, drawn out DMT experience more than it was like a mushroom trip. YMMV, of course. It's a pretttttty good time though, that 4-aco-dmt.

In my research, it appears that 4-HO-MiPT is the closest to an actual shroom trip, with 4-AcO-DMT being more like a mix of shrooms with DMT visuals. 4-HO-DET is supposed to be very close to shrooms as well.

Anybody care to clarify?

[EDIT]

By my research, I mean my research online as I haven't been able to try any of these substances yet - other than shrooms.

I think I remembered reading that 4-HO-MET is the closest. It's the closest to psilocin in structure.

4-AcO-DMT wasn't that similar to shrooms for me though. It had visuals more like DMT and less breathing, wavy effects like Ralt said. Whether you find it similar or not, 4-AcO-DMT is a good shroom "replacement".

I think I remembered reading that 4-HO-MET is the closest. It's the closest to psilocin in structure.

4-AcO-DMT wasn't that similar to shrooms for me though. It had visuals more like DMT and less breathing, wavy effects like Ralt said. Whether you find it similar or not, 4-AcO-DMT is a good shroom "replacement".

I'm pretty sure that, given that 4-aco-dmt is a pro-drug for psilocin, it is definitely closer to it than 4-ho-met... could be wrong though.

No way he is extracting psilocybin (or buying it from someone who is). Why someone extract 4-ho-dmt and sell it rather than just sell the mushrooms instead? It'd be like someone extracting the THC out of weed and then selling that. Ridiculous.

He's definitely selling you 4-aco-dmt, or some other closely related tryptamine. I would hope its 4-aco-dmt because that would be closest. But I also wouldn't be suprised if its 4-ho-met, or one of the more gentler ones.

Unless you're well versed in 4-substituted trypts, or can get a hold of legitimate 4-aco-dmt to compare it with, it's impossible to tell what you have.

Last edited:
I have heard reports of people selling (getting busted/prosecuted for selling) 4-AcO-DMT as "shroom powder", so it's definitely a possibility that you're just getting 4-AcO.

CaptainAmerica is right, it takes a lot of effort to extract psilocin when you could just sell the mushrooms. If you're getting capsules filled with 10mg of powder then I would put good money on it being a tryptamine RC.

you can extract psylocibin. but it isnt that easy, nor that worthwhile.
if you are looking for a substance close to the mushroom trip, there are some alternatives out there, but none will be like taking shrooms. on the other hand, taking shrooms is never the same as taking shrooms from other batches. potency varies, and there are supposedly other chemicals that influence the trip contained in the fruits. how important these are.. noone can tell you for sure.

try some natural remedies for the stomach problems, like fasting, or ginger, or even and OTC pill if those fail. if you are still getting them, put them ground up in capsules and try that. some people cover them in honey to reduce the taste and sooth the belly.

it is also interesting that you had limited effects from the tea. the tea itself is a form of extraction, albeit a rather crude one. but people do report good results with mushrom tea, so perhaps you could give that a try again and see if you didnt do anything wrong before

I'm pretty sure that, given that 4-aco-dmt is a pro-drug for psilocin, it is definitely closer to it than 4-ho-met... could be wrong though.

In effects it may be, but I've read otherwise. It could depend person to person. In structure 4-HO-MET is only one methyl away from 4-HO-DMT so wouldn't it be closer in structure?

4-AcO-DMT is turned into 4-HO-DMT by the same enzymes that turn heroin to morphine (and monoacetylmorphine). These enzymes act very rapidly and the result is 4-AcO-DMT is just a slightly weaker (per milligram) and more stable version of 4-HO-DMT.

4-HO-MET is a different chemical entirely.

If 4-ACO-DMT is "smoother" does that mean the chances of having a badtrip are not as high? Like... is it easier to flow with the vibe rather than have it take over like it often happens on shrooms?

4-AcO-DMT is turned into 4-HO-DMT by the same enzymes that turn heroin to morphine (and monoacetylmorphine). These enzymes act very rapidly and the result is 4-AcO-DMT is just a slightly weaker (per milligram) and more stable version of 4-HO-DMT.

4-HO-MET is a different chemical entirely.

That is true but 4-HO-MET is psilocin with an extra methyl group so when comparing the actual chemical structure outside of the body (not factoring in metabolization) wouldn't metocin be slightly closer in structure?

i myself love mushrooms living in the nw... i too get the stomache ache all the time as most of the mushies around here are wood loving... so i get hard stomache turns almost all the time .

so from what the SHROOMERY says, people are doing an everclear extract , just with the dose they are about to take and just evap the alcohol and theres a crystal left behind. the sad thing is the crystal degrades fast so i guess people just injest fast or they evap. most of the alcohol and leave it as an alcohol and psilocybe tincture. that has helped people injesting without the stomache turns.

i myself have not triedthis as theres no everclear in wa and i wouldnt recomend this at all... i just try my best to hold the mushrooms down., sometimes they come up sometimes they stay down.

be safe when it comes to this stuff...

teas great
add some chocolate syrup and you got some hot chocolate
takes care of the taste

No way he is extracting psilocybin (or buying it from someone who is). Why someone extract 4-ho-dmt and sell it rather than just sell the mushrooms instead? It'd be like someone extracting the THC out of weed and then selling that. Ridiculous.

He's definitely selling you 4-aco-dmt, or some other closely related tryptamine. I would hope its 4-aco-dmt because that would be closest. But I also wouldn't be suprised if its 4-ho-met, or one of the more gentler ones.

Unless you're well versed in 4-substituted trypts, or can get a hold of legitimate 4-aco-dmt to compare it with, it's impossible to tell what you have.

yeah, i'm not surprised cause the effects really seem nothing like shrooms. it's a totally different kind of trip.

i know it's not 4-aco cause i've tried that...but you're right, i have no idea or way to know what it actually is. i think it's shitty behavior to sell something as psilocybin, a naturally ocurring chemical, when it's really a research chem that hasn't been around long enough for us to know any possible long-term effects. but dealers know that's the only way to really push it.

drugs. :/

Again, what's wrong with tea?

I tried tea and I didn't really get that high. I had *some* visuals and felt a little bit happier, but not really tripping at all. And it didn't take care of the nausea and ill-effects of shrooms.

Ok, I just figured you probably didn't do it very well if you didn't get that much of an effect. But if it doesn't solve the stomach problems it's not worth discussing technique.

(You didn't eat the shroom mush that was left over after the tea did you? I guess probably not, just trying to cover everything...)