• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Extract

Ok, I just figured you probably didn't do it very well if you didn't get that much of an effect. But if it doesn't solve the stomach problems it's not worth discussing technique.

(You didn't eat the shroom mush that was left over after the tea did you? I guess probably not, just trying to cover everything...)

Well actually the residue that was left at the bottom of the cup once I had drank all the tea I ate half of by accident (drinking my last sip). The rest I threw away thinking it wasn't neccessary. But even then, my nausea had already set in. That just made it worse (or maybe it was already gonna' get worse, I don't know). But ya, I gulped a large part of the residue at the bottom...

whats in your stomache before you drank or eat your mushrooms... maybe a basifying of the stomache is needed before you dose , an ant-acid could be a quick cure to this ...

Make tea with lemon, ginger root and passionflower (but not if you are on ssri's). It is so much more drinkiable and I always puke with mushrooms, but never on tea.

In my personal experience, 4-aco does not equal 4-ho, there are qualitative differences. I find 4-ho-dmt is wavy and things breathe and grow. On 4-aco-dmt the hallucinations are much more like nndmt, things swell and sparkle like they're covered in a jeweled surface.
Might these actually be points on a continuum related to dosage levels? Twice I've used N,N-DMT: the first sub-breakthrough dose (30mg smoked) seemed very similar to mushrooms for me and the second time (50mg smoked) I really haven't got a clue what happened. 8o

Thanks. I wish for you there was a psilocybin testing kit like there is for MDMA. You should create one :p
If you've got 150 grand spare, buy a GC-MS. =D

So I did some research on the shroomery, and it is possible to do an a/b exttraction of psilocybin, and its all ready been done.

You could also perform a much simpler alcohol extraction with something like everclear, or maybe even isopropyl. If you used grain, you could evaporate leave it in solution and drink it. Dont drink isporpyl lol. Or you could evaporate it to a powder.

Anyways, seems like more trouble than its worth but there is a ton of info on this topic at the shromery.

what in the world would IV'ing pure psylicibin or psilicin be like/ fuckin crazy, eh?

A really easy method to extract.

Dry the mushrooms completely.
Grind Them up.
Place them into honey. (I like using a honey bear it looks cool)
The honey will turn Blue in a few hours.
Strain the dried mushroom matter.

Its ready to consume.

The easiest way to extract the Psylocibin from shrooms is to take a dried eigth or whatever you want to consume, pulverize them in a bag until its as dusty as possible and just dump it all into 8 - 12 oz of water and let it boil for 15 minutes but dont make the heat too high, you dont want to boil the water away lol. I used to grow cubensis and did this all the time. You are not losing anything! Then let the water cool, pour it through a coffee filter over a cup and then squeeze the filter that has the shroom leftovers so you get all the liquid out. Now you have all the chemicals from the shrooms in the water.

You can make tea or make kool aid or just add it to a snapple or whatever. You will start tripping in 25 mins after downing it all. I did this with 2 grams of cubensis poured it into a snapple. You dont even taste it. I then watched lord of the rings when it first came out in theaters and I was tripping so fucking hard that by the point golum first appeared I was peaking and couldnt watch the movie any more because the hallucinations were so intense I had to look away and start thinking good shit cause the 3d surround sound was flipping my ears out and I could see extra detail on the screen it was way intense..

Extracted psilocin would likely be far from pure. Personally I wouldn't inject anything that extracted from a plant source, including extracted n,n-DMT. I have however IV'd 4-aco-DMT and it extremely intense, similar to a DMT trip.

Extracted psilocin would likely be far from pure. Personally I wouldn't inject anything that extracted from a plant source, including extracted n,n-DMT. I have however IV'd 4-aco-DMT and it extremely intense, similar to a DMT trip.

just curious, how many mg did you do? i've considered trying it IV, but feel like it may be too intense due to my mind not having enough time to adjust to my surroundings and get a feel for my environment as the trip starts to come up. usually when i IV i get excited and nervous at the same time, and my heart is usually racing. not sure if this would be the best setting before being blown into a trip lol.

Highest dose I tried was 35mg, it was very intense. If you think it will be too intense it probably will be, it was one of the most intense trips of my life. Lower/sub breakthrough doses seem to produce a strange and uncomfortable mindset.

I really don't like giving advice on IV'ing RC's of questionable origin. I don't want anyone reading this to get the mistaken idea that it is in any way safe. Looking back I consider it one of the most foolish things I have ever done.

why would anyone want to IV this stuff anyway? sounds asinine. Theres really no positive reasons to do this.

I like that this is my first post.
Glad there is somewhere for my data to go, look forward to posting more findings and answering questions as time goes on.

First off, I have been doing psilocin extraction for quite some time now. This is by far the most advanced form of mycology possible, and most gratifying. From picking and choosing traits from with the individual culture selections to identiying key compost and substrate materials that bear the most active alkaloids. Then moving onto what I can identify in abundance for an extraction. Designing these low mg psilocin extract doses is serious chemisty, but fun!

There is really 3 ways to attempt this. An A/B, a crude hot, and a crude cold. All 3 are effective, and the 2 crude options allow anyone with access to grain alcohol to try. Wood alcohol (Methyl alcohol) is by far the better choice as grain alcohol such as everclear, etc will have a small amount of water present for impurities (such as organic material) to never be able to completely evaporate from the final product. Methyl alcohol is not ideal to heat imo. Not without a digitally controlled heated stir plate.

The best way is of course an A/B extraction, anything else would be concidered a 'crude' extraction. Doing something like adding heat to the process degrades the actives. The primary goal being to remove the target chemical with doing absolutely no dammage, an A/B is the way to go for purity. Here is a smaple abstract:

Abstract

A simple aqueous extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms is reported. This method employs a dephosphorylation of the phosphate ester to psilocin, which facilitates a greater product yield and simplifies identification. Psilocin extracted by this method is sufficiently concentrated and free of co-contaminants to allow identification by infrared spectroscopy and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry.

The tryptamines are one of four categories of hallucinogenic indoles in more than 20 classes of indole compounds comprising approximately 600 alkaloids1. Considerable research has been conducted with psilocin and psilocybin since their isolation by Hofmann et. al.2 Several extraction techniques1,3-6 have been used to isolate psilocin and psilocybin from more than two dozen species of mushrooms in four genera (Conocybe. Panaeolus, Psilocybe, Stropharia). The techniques that use methanol co-extract other compounds such as urea, ergosterol, ergosteral peroxide, α,α-trehalose, baeocystin, and norbaeocystin3,4,7. At present, a useful aqueous extraction procedure has not been reported for psilocin and psilocybin.

The dephosphorylation of psilocybin to psilocin in vivo has been well documented1,8,9 and is thought to account for most or all of its central nervous system activity8. Conversion of psilocybin to psilocin is also necessary for aqueous extraction with organic solvents because of the very low lipid solubility of psilocybin. Extraction of only one compound also permits infrared analysis of the extract.

Concentration and detectability of psilocin and psilocybin are dependent on several variables, including:

1. The absence of glucose, which will prevent the production of psilocybin10.
2. Low levels of ammonium succinate, which will give poor yields of psilocybin10.
3. The growing medium, which requires a pH of less than 710.
4. Timing: maximum production of psilocybin occurs on the seventh day after germination, while maximum production of the mycelium is reached by the ninth day10.
5. Temperature: complete loss of psilocin and psilocybin will occur in harvested mushrooms left at room temperature for an extended period of time3.
6. Oxidation: psilocin will oxidize to a blue product (possibly accounting for the bluing color in the four genera containing psilocin and psilocybin)9.

Because of the increasing popularity of these mushrooms and kits available from drug oriented publications for growing mushrooms containing psilocin and psilocybin in cow manure a simple aqueous extraction procedure has been developed that extracts reasonably pure psilocin from mature mushrooms. This extraction method greatly simplifies the identification of psilocin from those mushrooms by infrared spectroscopy and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GS/MS).
Experimental

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reaches 70°C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonium hydroxide and quickly extracted with two 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat.

Crude psilocin will appear as a greenish residue. Recrystallization from chloroform/heptane (1:3) yields white crystals. The resulting powder can then be submitted to infrared and mass spectral analyses.
Results and Discussion

This method permits rapid isolation of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms by co-extraction of both psilocin and psilocybin. Dilute acetic acid is an excellent solvent for this purpose, because both compounds are very soluble in acetic acid11 and very little of other interfering substances are extracted, It is most likely some other compounds are co-extracted but are removed from psilocin in the ether extraction from the aqueous base. Psilocybin is completely dephosphorytated to psilocin by heating the acid extract. After addition of the base, extraction into ether should be performed promptly, because of decomposition of psilocin at a greater pH than 712. The extraction and dephosporylation steps produce reasonably pure psilocin from a small amount of mushroom material. Two grams of mushrooms will often be sufficient to obtain an infrared spectrum of psilocin (Fig. 1). Smaller mushrooms exhibits provide ample psilocin for mass spectral analysis (Fig. 2).

This method has been used in our laboratory for six months and has given excellent results in separating psilocin from methanol-soluble compounds. Other identification techniques such as gas chromatography and microcrystalline tests are possible on psilocin extracted by this method.

References

1. Schultes, R. E., "Indole Alkaloids in Plant Hallucinogens" Journal of Psychedelic Drugs, Vol. 8, No. 1, Jan.-March 1976, pp. 7-25.
2. Hofmann, A., Heim, R., Barck, A., Kobel, H., Frey, A., et al, "Psilicybin [sic] and Psilocin" Helvetica Chimica Acta, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 1557-1572 (1959)
3. Beug, M. W. and Bigwood, J., "Quantitative Analysis of Psilocybin and Psilocin in Psilicybe Baeocystis (Singer and Smith) by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and by Thin-Layer Chromatography" Journal of Chromatography, Vol 207, No. 3, pp. 379-385 (1981)
4. Koike, Y., Wada, K., Kusano, G., Nozoe, S., and Yokoyama, K., "Isolation of Psilocybin from Psilocybe Argentypes and Its Determination in Specimens of Some Mushrooms" Journal of Natural Products, Vol. 44, No. 3, May-June 1981, pp. 362-365.
5. Ott, J. and Guzmán, G., "Detection of Psilocybin in Species of Psilocybe Panaeolus and Psathyrella" Lloydia, Vol. 39, No. 4, July-Aug. 1976, pp. 258-260.
6. Guzmán, G. and Ott, J., "Description and Chemical Analysis of a New Species of Hallucinogenic Psilocybe from the Pacific Northwest" Mycologia, Vol. 68, No. 6, Nov. 1976, pp. 1261-1267.
7. Lenny, A. W. and Paul, A. G., "Baeocystin and Norbaeocystin: New Analogs of Psilocybin form Psilocybe Baeocystis" Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 57, No. 10, Oct. 1968, pp. 1667-1671.
8. Horita, A. and Weber, L. J., "Dephosphorylation of Psilocybin in the Intact Mouse" Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 4, No. 6. Nov. pp. 730-737.
9. Horita, A. and Weber, L. J., "The Enzymatic Dephosphorylation and Oxidation of Psilocybin and Psilocin by Mammalian Tissue Homogenates" Biochemical Pharmacology, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1961, pp. 47-54.
10. Catalfomo, P. and Tyler, V. E., "The Production of Psilocybin in Submerged Culture by Psilocybe Cubensis" Lloydia, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 53-63 (1964)
11. Clarke, E. G. C., Isolation and Identification of Drugs, Pharmaceutical Press, London, 1974, p. 526.
12. Agurell, S. and Eilsson, L., "Biosynthesis of Psilocybin Part II. Incorporation of Labeled Tryptamine Derivatives" Acta Chemica Scandinavica, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 1210-1218 ( 1968 )

I Look forward to working with you all. :D