• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax - why do i feel so good the next day.

zyprexa works great for sleeping

oh wow, zyprexa gave me the worst body fatigue i've ever felt in my life...really unsettled sleep as well. i could hardly stand up i was so tired, and yet when i did, my legs felt unbearably restless. i'd rather booze myself to sleep than take anti-psychotics, even quetiapine, which even some doctors swear by for sleep.

im in Australia

in bluelights opinion would be the worst penalty for ordering them for personal use?

constant love letters or an eventual raid, charge, take computer, etc etc

also if i take 3 - 4 mg a night whats the chances of becoming physically addicted, for the glow to wear off or for the awful sounding withdrawal sysmtoms to set in?

also, if i goto the doctor, prove i do shift work and have trouble sleeping, tryed all the legal sleep aids, whats the best i can get prescribled.

thanks

3-4mg a night is a lot to use(especially just to sleep).. It sedates me enough to easily fall asleep at .5mg..I even get a nice euphoria and I have a decent, but small tolerance to benzos.

3mg would be highly recreational and unsustainable for me..so..
In my opinion, the chances of things turning for the worse at that dose are 100%

Also at that dose and considering the halflife/length of effects, you would probably still have at least 1mg in your system in the morning easily accounting for the effects you feel.

dammmm - should start hitting only a quarter brick with beers every second night and will start tapering down immediately.

have skim reasearched NMDA receptor agonists and relised DXM is one of them and easy to come by in the form of cough syrup. this is the easyest for me to get that will reduce the tolerance and its probly why its detected as an ingredient in most party pills.

i really need to look into this more... will NMDA receptor agonist used to prevent and lower tolerance help fight off withdrawls as well or just make benzos have more affect.

more to the point are the any long half life anti depressant like sleepers that cause no hangover the next day and cause no tolerance problems - something marketed as ENDEP or Amitriptyline perhaps -- any sugestions bluelighters?

i feel great but didnt know what i was doing could also be so bad..... im at the point where im going to goto a doctor.... just like everything in life nothing can be good with no downsides.. especially when i run out of bricks and are not prescribed them

Ive been looking at the withdrawals and they looks nasty as hell, almost like heroin

Last edited:
to answer some of my own questions
i might try the following as alternatives to melatonin which slightly works, Diphenhydramine + Doxylamine which make me feel like shit

Zolpidem - Stilnox
Ramelteon - Rozerem
Eszopiclone - Lunesta - Zopiclone
Trazodone

would any doctors actually prescribe me these other than maybee temazepam ?

from a legal point of view and benefit vs action point of view i will endeavor to try Ramelteon
it seems non habit forming, non addictive, doesn't get you high and not illegal at all.

would it be against the rules to ask bluelight the best place to obtain this?

edit: im going to a doctor asap to get on a trialed sleep cocktail so that i can keep going back for prescriptions and nto have to worry about running out of bricks, withdrawal and having the meds work properly is my main concern

Last edited:
"0.5mg of Xanax with a glass or two of red wine will knock you out (albeit with your bashing them the way you do, you probably won't even feel .5mg if you've been doing this for long."

] I wouldn't bother taking alcohol (this will do nothing by dehydrate you and give you a shitty sleep with little to no REM rest.) or any other sedating drugs along with it if you can get away with just the one; if not, I'd talk to your pharmacist. However, the other posters are right, you may want to bring your dose down, anything 1mg or below would be ideal, but that is something for you and your doctor to figure out.
The reason you're getting the afterglow is because not all of your large dose has been metabolized by morning(and due to the metabolite that CH mentioned)--if this is an effect that you find therapeutically beneficial you may want to think of talking to your doctor about switching to a longer-acting benzodiazepine like clonazepam or diazepam to help manage morning anxiety.
The good feeling in the morning could be due to many simple little factors. I find with myself since the benzos give me drymouth I always keep plenty of water bedside and go through at least a litre or two just throughout the night and this helps keep the bags from under the eyes as you do lose a lot of water through sweat and urine production in the nights as well as help clear all of those toxins the body has processed. Simple things like these can even contribute to the "afterglow".

Anyway man, just thought I'd throw in a little non-drug based fact too. Sometimes the downstream effects can be just as noticeable as the effects of medications themselves. Good luck with everything and I hope that you keep getting solid rests, as you and I both know, it can make a hell of a difference in how pleasant your day will be. Ciao, amigo!

scotty

thanks for your reply, bringing up morning anxiety made me actually realise i do actually have a problem waking up in the morning and that the long half life of xanax makes it much easier for me to get up and going, no coffee, no nothing. im just get up and go.

ive also figured im fairly tough and if i keep my dosage down, and be knowledgeable about when im going to run out of xanax then i can taper down safely over a week to avoid complications. use booze, Diphenhydramine + Doxylamine and melatonin to aid me off. ive done it before.

i should really chat to my doctor, in nz its probly harder to get prescribed these as easily as the us and uk, but i do feel a legitimate reason to be on them. ive also got proof of shift work and anecdotal self medication reports, if they count that as anything other than being 'into drugs'

Last edited: