• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax - why do i feel so good the next day.

veespec

Greenlighter
started indulging in bricks just to end a night and get to sleep. the high isnt that amazing and when i eat them before bed it is not the high im chasing, its more to control my sleep. i find it very hard to get to sleep. the later it gets the better i feel, and my brain keeps churning

i usually use booze + Melatonin + Diphenhydramine + Doxylamine 5 - 10, tablets each 2mg melatonin and a few beers or vodke every night to sleep and im nocibally not as sharp or motivated the next day.

but when take 3mg xanax to sleep,drifting off is much easyer, i dont get high, i just wake up i feeling totally amazing... is this normal? Why does this happen?

even with only 6 hours sleep, a bit of grog on the way down before bed, i experience the following (obviously more sleep is better)

-easyer to get up
-feel great, like im glowing inside, im happier, jollyer and i have much much more confidence
-find it easier to converse and feel comfortable around colleagues, crack jokes etc
-i can express myself better and more clearly (i am an extravert already)
-i don't need coffee
-there are no bags under my eyes, before i started taking any drugs, this has always been a problem, my mother seems to think its related to a weak liver.
-sharper memory
-im noticeably more motivated

i used to work out a lot and started feeling this way if i was to workout every day, except for the no bags under the eyes thing.

i have been addicted to xanex before. because i used it to enhance my reality in the ways i described above. i didnt find it that hard to stop but hard to find people with xanax. a half week of mixing all the OTC sleepers and booze fixed me up. i can deal with it.

i do shift work and could argue for a legitimate need to be on sleeping medication.

i really want to know why i feel so good the next day? and if it would be viable for me to talk to a doctor about other medication that would be better for me, always be available and cost a lot less.

thanks

I'm the same way, when I wake up I feel like a million bucks. I have noticed when I abuse them (5+mg)for consecutive days, I feel groggy as hell and like my head is in a cloud.

If i keep my dose low or only go hard for one night, usually wake up feeling better than usual.

I'm the same way, when I wake up I feel like a million bucks. I have noticed when I abuse them (5+mg)for consecutive days, I feel groggy as hell and like my head is in a cloud.

If i keep my dose low or only go hard for one night, usually wake up feeling better than usual.

ahah thanks for the advice i was about to use the term million bucks :)

i try to keep it to below 4mg usually, about 3mg of a night (i find this the right balance of grogginess vs benefits) unless its the weekend, ive had a big night, need to sleep and have time to sleep it off. its also so i don't run out, have to factor in the girlfriend scabbing them.

is there any medical reason for no bags under the eyes, can this be explained because Ive slept better, its hard for me to think of this as detrimental in any way.

can the other affects relate to the half life of the drug and that im still under its influence? it lasts for a majority of the day i storm around work, getting the job done and leaves me feeling accomplished and in a good mood.

what are my chances telling the docs about my shift work, and sleeping trouble to get prescribed a similar medication.

Gotta love a benzo after glow, seems like its the only drug that actually makes you feel better the next day or morning at least. Since you are dropping it late and it is a relatively high dose, it seems it is still taking effect the next day. The half life or w.e it is, i know exactly what you are talking about though.

ill have to be honest, i took 5mg last night and have the more cloudy head today

just had a great day yesterday and was overjoyed to get some more finally
plus my missus wanted a redose, i only gave her 2mg total

ill tuck in early tonight is i have to get up at 6am and only get down on 3mg. from previous trials, it seems to be the happy medium for me.

im already trying to source more so this gravy train doesnt end.

what are the chances of getting tamazapam or something if i explain my problems / shift work situation to doctors?

i wear suits to work and look very presentable and can control habbit

does taking smaler spread out doses at night yield any benifits?

I have some major sleep problems.
Tried everything.
Taking benadryl and Melatonin always makes me feel like you describe. Groggy, bags under eyes.
I think when you take the Xanax, your not taking that other shit, which makes you feel like shit.

Pretty easy to get benzos from internet pharms if you're gravy train gets derailed. I used to see doctors for sleep and anxiety. They'd only prescribe me the nastiest shit in the world. Seroquel + Remeron, now that is feeling like shit in the morning.

This used to happen to me with valium and I assumed it had something to do with its long half-life, so I'm not sure why the same appears to be happening to you. From what I can recall I never got the 'glow' from xanax.

But I feel its important to remember - in my case anyway - that this didn't last. It may have continued for like 6 months of use but eventually it just disappeared or I got so thoroughly used to it that it seemed like it had disappeared.

S

i would rather take nothing than Seroquel - they way i describe that is everything is so shit there's nothing to do that will make it stop other than sleep. plus you feel like a bag of shit the next day. rather drink 2/3 a bottle of vodka than take that.

im not really into love letters from customs, so pharma sites are a miss and i doubt there will be any in my country

the 5mg cloud has now turned into a glorious glow again. im even motivated to work out today.

Mirtazapine doesnt sound that bad.
if i could find something i could get prescribed that will make me sleep, non habit forming it would be perfect.

so the long halflife of benzos contributes to the after day xani glow?

anything that would never make this go away. something that blocks metabolism of this in the liver or something, foods i can eat to restore the glow?

ive always had bags under my eyes not so much bags but its darker, this has happened my whole life can anyone think of why when i take xanex before bed there are no bags under my eyes? i would like to learn the medical reasons of how this could happen.

I don't know man. Xanax is an anti-anxiolytic (anti-anxiety drug) and also has muscle-relaxant and hypnotic properties. So it's probably not altogether surprising that when you take it you physically appear less troubled/tired.

S

i would rather take nothing than Seroquel - they way i describe that is everything is so shit there's nothing to do that will make it stop other than sleep. plus you feel like a bag of shit the next day. rather drink 2/3 a bottle of vodka than take that.

im not really into love letters from customs, so pharma sites are a miss and i doubt there will be any in my country

There is definitely some discreet places that ship from and to the UK with not a whole lot to worry about. One of the most popular places that people in the states order from is UK based. Good for all types of benzos.

Agreed on Seroquel, worst shit in the world. Kinda fucked up my life about 4 years ago. Affected my mental accuity for a long time after I stopped taking it.

are you guys joking? The passing out and memory loss are undesired side effects of this MEDICINE. It takes several days for the side effects to subside and the medicine to fully work as intended.
-easyer to get up
-feel great, like im glowing inside, im happier, jollyer and i have much much more confidence
-find it easier to converse and feel comfortable around colleagues, crack jokes etc
-i can express myself better and more clearly (i am an extravert already)
-i don't need coffee
-there are no bags under my eyes, before i started taking any drugs, this has always been a problem, my mother seems to think its related to a weak liver.
-sharper memory
-im noticeably more motivated

looks like your getting the desired effects there (anxiolytic and antidepressant). Keep taking the medicine properly and it works. Abuse it and it knocks you out and you get amnesia.
One think I notice is that after a good solid nap when on xanax for a few days I can see crystal clear. My eyesight is usually quite blurry but I can see red lights miles away and read signs from amazing distances.
One side effect there is no way around is that you won't get proper sleep. Try taking a day or two break every now and then to let your REM sleep catch up. I actually like this part, you get full length feature movie like dreams which can be fun.

Last edited:
Alprazolam has an active, although weaker, metabolite which likely yields positive effects the next day (coupled with the lack of ethanol and antihistamines which are notorious for feeling groggy in the morning).

It is possible a doctor would prescribe temazepam for you, although as previously stated, if it is used regularly, it will cause you to gain a tolerance, at which point it would be best to discontinue benzodiazepines.

If you were getting great effects from exercise, then that is what I think you should focus on. There is a greater return from improving sleep hygiene than from using benzodiazepines to improve your sleep. It is a much better idea to only use benzodiazepines once per week or less often, while working on sleep hygiene every night.

what do you mean by sleep hygiene?

im not in the UK, i wish i was. theyre hard to get in here and wish i could get them or something similar legally. are my chances good having know all the information i have given in this thread

its more the process of being able to control my sleep with no grogginess and no ramifications the next day
the feeling good is just a bonus

maybe i could get some russian blackout stuff lol

There is definitely some discreet places that ship from and to the UK with not a whole lot to worry about. One of the most popular places that people in the states order from is UK based. Good for all types of benzos.QUOTE]

Are you saying it's possible to order benzos without a prescription? I would imagine heavy penalties would accompany that sort of thing; surely they're not available without a prescription in any western country?

S

Xanax is the only benzo that also has an antidepressant-like mechanism similar to an SSRI I believe....check out wiki...it mentions something about it. I also feel in a good mood the next day after Xanax, it's weird. Definitely noticeable.

There is definitely some discreet places that ship from and to the UK with not a whole lot to worry about. One of the most popular places that people in the states order from is UK based. Good for all types of benzos.QUOTE]

Are you saying it's possible to order benzos without a prescription? I would imagine heavy penalties would accompany that sort of thing; surely they're not available without a prescription in any western country?

S

Yes,
There are a bunch of internet forums that talk about the places and their reliabilities. Valium, Xanax, Clonazepam are very easy to come by. Yes of course its illegal. Usually if a package is seized you get a legal letter from customs, saying you can claim the package with a DEA import # or it will be destroyed. Thats all, unless you're ordering huge amounts. This is in the states. Not sure about Australia, although there are definitely some forum members from there I talk to sometimes.

I used to order xanax from europe all the time without incident. Now I order painmeds sometimes. Have never had a problem.
edit
I guess internet pharmacies are just a nice name. They are really just drug dealing websites.

Last edited:
i always get an "afterglow" the next morning when dosing klonopins, but never xanax due to its short half-life. everyone's different though. you probably just feel xanax a lot longer than most or some people....

oh god, complete opposite effect for me. I envy you. i suppose its quite dependent on the type of benzo and your personal chemistry. i always wake up groggy if I take them right before sleep, but if i take them a few hours before, i usually feel quite well rested.

opiates always make me feel good the morning after. i HATE waking up in the morning. especially when its cold and dark. if i've had a fat shot the night before however, its so easy to rise from the light opiate-induced fugue i was in while i "slept".

i only take benzos extremely occasionally however