Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish I could catch Animal Collective with Atlas Sound on July 8th, but I don't think I'll have enough funds.

Gonna try to catch Phantogram on the 15th though.

Got Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Brian Wilson, the Dear Hunter, mewithoutYou, Alkaline Trio, My Morning Jacket, Active Child, Beach Boys, Twin Shadow, Braids, TV On The Radio, Explosions In The Sky, Broken Social Scene and Wye Oak all coming to town through September.

I will get as many of these as I can!

ears are still ringing from brothers past on friday night.

heartbroken to be missing camp bisco, the line up is spectacular. looking forward to moe. at the stone pony, medeski martin and wood at the whitney. and moe.down in spetember.

bon iver, sufjan stevens and animal collective can all be heard for free at prospect park which is walking distance from my place.

being broke during festival season sucks.

I'm going to see Judas Priest live sometime in November with BLS, I'm hoping they'll pull a manowar and break the record for the loudest concert. Either way there's no way in hell I'm going to my morning classes the next day.

I'd go see dying fetus live but they always tour with shit bands :- (

Clap your hands say yeah!
& then Mogwai
& then I move away to a place that won't have awesome shows as frequently.

hippie fag checking in.

wilco - 9/28
widespread panic - 10/8
string cheese incident - 11/25,26 and 27
cake - new years eve

oh...saw kevin kinney band randomly a couple of weeks ago. here was my ultra heady review that i posted on another board.

Got a last minute call from my buddy that he was playing a free show on Sunday at the Park Tavern.

Thought it might just be a solo acoustic thing.

I was wrong...full band with Tim Nielsen on bass, Audley Freed on guitar, Anton Fier on drums and of course, Kevin Kinney.

Pure rock. So freaking tight. One of the better shows I've seen in some time. Kevin Kinney and DnC in general have been hit or miss over the years. I was expecting to stay for like half of the show. Stayed for the whole thing and it was just retarded good.

Found this review. One thing he doesn't mention is that they also covered Jason Isbell's "Never Gonna Change".

http://www.examiner.com/live-music-...and-ken-will-morton-at-the-park-tavern-review

Seeing Flaming Lips (for free!) on Tues, 9/20. Super excited about it, but still looking for the right mood enhancers for optimal experience.

Fang Island is coming to town again. Thinking about maybe catching that show.

I'm mostly excited about a show that my band is playing with The Chariot at the end of October. Hwaw!

Moog festin' it up in Ashevega, NC end of october.

chek this lineup. flaming lips, adrian belou power trio (thats right, side 1,2,3 projects) moby with full band, Battles, Tangerine Dream, STS9, Umphreys Mcgee, AMON-fucking-TOBIN ISAM digital 3d multimedia experience!!!!!, Brian fucking Eno if anyone knows who that is (i do)...please tell me some of the older school bl'ers kno bout brian eno!, EOTO, Ghostland Observatory................. More at MoogFest.com. this is more of an electronic festival i know, but its more just about all of Moogs creations and about those that use and appreciate them. I just put it here because it says to brag...lol i mean, whodafuk whouldnt brag about this festival?

and the best part! (bsides music) is theres no shitty camping on hills or portapots or anything like a normal fest. All inside shit.

^ Fuck yeah i should be seeing Amon Tobin in november hopefully!

Just saw Animals as Leaders again last night and it was so much better than seeing them support Deftones. The smaller venue really improved the sound. Possibly the best show i've been to.

speaking of asheville....i'm sure i'll be making my annual journey up to the xmas jam in december.

if you've never been, i highly suggest you do it.

I saw Daxx Riggs Monday night in a little bar it was a good show.

Melvin Seals in two weeks @ Penn's Peak, best fucking place to see a show:

p66_SP-Ramblers-Stage_225sm.jpg

PP_PostCard.jpg

dude somehow ive live about an hour and a half away from asheville but have somehow never been to xmas jam. i love warren haynes but every year by the time i realize its time to get tix they are already sold out!

^ You checking out Moogfest?

Beats Antique as well as Widespread Panic in october, Widespread being the 1st, Beats being the 14th.

WSP will be here soon as well, gonna try to catch that

China: that place looks awesome

And Laika, will this be your first time seeing Mogwai, I'm jealous
Definitely let us know how incredible it was

Get a load of this Bill. The Mogwai show was a rescheduled show from a cancelled 4/20 date earlier this year. Now I'm finding out they've just cancelled yet again. I hope they reschedule it before I move :(
If this show ever happens, it will be my 6th show I believe, somewhere in that range.
All the other times I've seen them it was certainly incredible. I once saw them 2 nights in a row and didn't return back to proper hearing for a week. That or I just got adjusted to being partially deaf.
This would have also been my gf's first time seeing them. Her anticipation that has built up continues to be met with disappointment only days before the show. So... sad faces all around :(

underground

suplecs
backwoods payback
devil to pay
the dockers

sept 30
vollrath
indy, in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.