• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Thanks AE !, Yea i was aware of the big brother issue. I turned off the Iphone's "Location GPS" option ages ago :)

It's not my place to make such decisions, but it would great if a lot of the forums could put that warning as a sticky/pinned post on their forums, because there must be thousands of grows out there at risk! It really is scary.

... puts on tinfoil hat...

Hello :)
I'm with PsychicBubble, and those last pics posted are also my girls. I have a few concerns.
1) It's been a hot week. The temp. was 85 last night (midnight) after the lights had only been on for 5 minutes. I'm afraid it will get too hot in there today even with lights off. (This is the first time it's ever been over 82 in there)
2) Our girls are developing at different rates. Some are strictly white pistils (like the one we super-cropped) while others are turning brown (as you can see in psychicbubbles pictures) Today marks their 5th week in 12/12. We want to add a bloombooster and decrease feed 2 weeks before harvest, but not until week 6. If it turns out, after observing the trichomes under the microscope, that they are closer to ready than anticipated... can we add a bloombooster earlier than wk. 6?
Are we on the right track? Any help would be a great help :)

How good can my weed be if i just plant it in the native soil(clayish dirt...but very fertile), and water almost every day?

See since this is like the 3RD time ive planted, THIS SEASON, you could probably guess that i learn through trial and error. First i just tried putting seeds in the soil..didnt work to well. I tried it agian and still no luck.
So i decided to actually germinate them at home..did this in some dirt and water and dark + sunlight appx. 6 hours/day. They got their cotylydons and first little leaf and then, i dug a 2 ft deep bout 3ft across hole..put the native dirt back in it, all broken up and stuff(the shit is hard as rock if you dont) put my little girls in there today, got 6.... Pissed around my plot to keep deer away..
I need to buy some fishin line to make a nice little invisible fence to keep fuckin critters off my shit.
But yea anyone think thisll work??
:?
And ps i realise that it is july, but here it stays warm and sunny till late october...i figure if anything they will just start flowering before they finish vegging but no worries as long as they are 3 or 4 ft tall, its even better for stealth

Hello :)
I'm with PsychicBubble, and those last pics posted are also my girls. I have a few concerns.
1) It's been a hot week. The temp. was 85 last night (midnight) after the lights had only been on for 5 minutes. I'm afraid it will get too hot in there today even with lights off. (This is the first time it's ever been over 82 in there)

2) Our girls are developing at different rates. Some are strictly white pistils (like the one we super-cropped) while others are turning brown (as you can see in psychicbubbles pictures) Today marks their 5th week in 12/12. We want to add a bloombooster and decrease feed 2 weeks before harvest, but not until week 6. If it turns out, after observing the trichomes under the microscope, that they are closer to ready than anticipated... can we add a bloombooster earlier than wk. 6?
Are we on the right track? Any help would be a great help :)

Don't worry about the temps. If you see them being affected, then take action. However weed can take a lot of abuse. You're not about to make major changes to your setup so there's not a lot you can do.

Forget about the bloom booster, trust me. If you are going to use it no matter what anyone says no matter what, at least leave a couple of healthy plants without it for this grow and assess the difference.

If your girls are all clones of the same plant, the only thing that could have changed their rate of development is their environment (temps etc. and what you've fed them), since their genotype is exactly identical. That is, if they're all clones of the same plant in the first place!!

If it turns out that they are developing amber trichomes and are about ready to chop, add no product whatsoever, as you're about to cut it cut it down and then consume it after a dry and cure. The whole idea of flushing them is to remove nutrients and any other substances in any products you've used, so by adding any products like a bloom booster defeats the whole point of flushing in the first place.

edit: just to add, don't decide to chop based just on pistil color - if it's for yourself or medical patients that would just be silly. Trichome color is a far far better indicator! Re read that because it's an important bit of info!

Last edited:
From my experience with yellow leaves, I would recommend checking for destructive bugs with a magnifying glass. If u have bugs might be the cause for the stress. Use pyrethrin if u can't get your hands on that use a natural product called zero tolerance its got clove oil and a lot of other Shit bugs hate, or use liquid lady bug. If that is not your problem you have some type of environmental stress on it from nutrient deficiencys to not having enough room for roots in pot for soil growers. Also remember there are 2 types of nutrients macro and micro so check what's in the nutrients you use.also be sure to use some type of complex carbohydrates during flowering for mostly weight density and flavor . Other than that you would have to pay me for my secrets lol...... peace take it how u get it

^ bad advice. Do not use pyrethrins on herb - it's toxic!!

You want pyrethrum (as stated on the label, since if it's labelled as containing pyrethrins, it'll likely be different), or abamectin (ideally as long as you 12 weeks from the chop).

Pyrethrum is the oil from the chrysanthemum flower (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium) and therefore is completely organic and one of the safest products to use on fruit, veg or herb!

Sorry, I forgot to add, there is no one silver bullet. The treatment depends on the pest, so making a pest ID is important, and basing your treatment on this is the best course of action.

Knowledge is power. You need to do your own research (this is a general statement to all readers) to find out these things by yourself rather than relying on being spoon fed information about these things, especially when your own health or the health of others is at risk (that is, unless you don't give a fuck, in which case you're either an idiot or a scumbag dealer).

Other than that you would have to pay me for my secrets

You got that the wrong way round mate ;)

Last edited:
Why shouldn't I use a bloom boost? I wanted to know when there are 2 weeks left so I know when to stop feeding them nutes.

^ if you can find the person you got them from, ask them when that phenotype finishes. If you can't, them look up the strain for the approximate finishing time. Otherwise, if they look almost ready, look at the trichomes under a microscope or loupe to get an idea if they're clear, cloudy or amber. This indicates where they are in their development.

edit: sorry I'm getting confused, which plants are you talking about? Take a look at the trichome development and then post back.

I'm just trying to figure out when they are 2 weeks away lol. When I look at the trichs, what am I looking for to know they are 2 weeks away? Clear, cloudy, or amber?

^ okay, I think we'll have to settle on the fact that you won't.

It's besides the point, really, because as a beginner you shouldn't be using these products. KISS.

No, it won't make your plants produce buds and no, it won't make them more potent. Those are the two things you're concerned about, so try not to be greedy in search of extra product. Your tinkering is more likely to add more variables to the grow and end up in you either tainting the bud or lessening the yield.

Your yield won't be found in a special bloom boosting bottle. It comes mainly from a good environment. So forget the booster and concentrate on improving airflow (and therefore CO2 exchange) or temps somehow. That will have more effect than any 'booster'.

All you need to know is when to chop. That date is worked out by the guideline given by the breeder producing that strain or from someone that's grown that phenotype (you get lots of phenotypes from one specific strain usually).

As a basic rule of thumb, start flushing when you see the pistils turning colour. This is not reliable, but is better than if you had no idea from the breeder or a grower of the plant from which your clones were taken.

Sorry I can't help you further mate.

Harvesting

Harvesting marijuana is a joy and a blessing, until it becomes a pain in the arse. There is a great deal of work involved. Some strains will be more work than others but you can be certain that harvesting and trimming a crop will require a considerable time investment as well as sore hands and fingers.

When do I Harvest?

The best way to determine when to harvest is to examine the maturity of the trichomes. Trichomes are the resin glands of the plant and their level of maturity gives you an idea of both how mature the plant is and the effects you can expect from the plant if harvested at a given stage. In order to examine trichomes you will need a pocket microscope, these are commonly available for about $15 USD in 50-100x magnification, 50x should be plenty.

Trichomes are stalks with a head at the tip, it is the tips that you will look at. You will want to look at the trichomes in a couple areas over the plant to get a good idea of the overall maturity. The tips start out clear, then later will begin to cloud, finally the tips will turn amber. Clear trichs aren't very potent, the ratio of cloudy to amber is really what you want to look for. The more amber the trichomes the more of body physical stone the pot will deliver. A heavier ratio of cloudy will deliver more of a soaring mental high. All of this is of course relative to the general effects provided by the strain. Most harvest at 30-50% amber, it is not recommended to go beyond 75% amber.

^ well I would not recommend doing it, hence my reluctance to say it ;) Basically I wouldn't do it that my way, but it's better than not having any info to work with I suppose.

A rule of thumb is what it is:

A rule of thumb is a principle with broad application that is not intended to be strictly accurate or reliable for every situation.

We are going to flush in about 6-9 days. That would mark the 2 week period... the pistils have already begun to brown but we have to wait to flush. Should we use tap water or a flush solution? Isn't it easier to use the solution? I'd rather do that...

Use tap water. But no pH adjustment!! This is the same for even hydroponics (during the flushing period), so most definitely is also true for compost, no matter your view on pH adjustment throughout the other periods throughout your grow in compost.

all I have is a sink... I don't know how much water to fill it with to flush. I know 3x the amount but I don't know how much that is when just running water from the tap lol.

^ no. Water as normal. If you don't believe that I can provide you with some links, but I'd rather not as I'm not feeling so great at the mo and have no energy (methadone withdrawal, albeit mild).