• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Hmmmm they look so good AE! Can't wait to have plants looking as good as yours hehe.

They all look delicious, but the Royal Purple Kush looks especially good with a bit THC glitter around the flowers!

*bowing down* haha

Thanks mate :) I'm sure you will eventually when you get your grow set up properly with the ventilation. Just remember that most people end up doing something wrong their first grow and often times it ends up even being catastrophic. I'd say about half the people end up giving up and never growing again, but the other half persevere and try again and usually with a bit of help and guidance, are successful. It is important to take the advice you're given by people with a bit of experience which you seem to be doing so good quality bud will eventually come to you, you just need to be patient and keep at it.

Upgraded a bit =) waiting on seeds and finishing this round.
NSFW:

snyudd.jpg

The tiny LST'd plant is getting BioBizz Bloom + TopMax now. i just went with some biobizz starter pack with soil and everything. She seems to like it =)
NSFW:

34653b5.jpg

The second kc33xlowryder plant is getting more ready each day :D
NSFW:

25yveqr.jpg

Hmm that looks fire Xayo! I think they're gonna be ready to harvest soon seeing how many of the pistils turned orange.

Almost near the finish line hehe :D

Yea I'm so excited to harvest that plant, its so full of trichromes Ive never seen that with the weed i get probably going through so many hands that there is barely anything on there

Xayo looking good mate. Hope you've manged to keep cuttings for next grow.

I find it really inconvenient having to keep the grow room dark for 12 hours a day, especially when I want to spray during the lights off period and miss the period just before the lights go off. A really great solution to this I've found is to use a green compact fluorescent light of a normal domestic size i.e. 11-20W. The green CFLs, because of their spectrum, don't affect the flowering cycle so you can use it during the dark period to spray the plants etc. without disrupting the flowering of your plants at all. Also there are green LEDs which work really well too. You can get green LED lights that even clip on to a baseball cap, allowing you to work with both hands.

I'm not messing with cuttings yet, I ordered a good bit of seeds online..just waiting for them

for outdoors we wil go with 5x Blue Hash an 3x Power Kush both from dinafem

For indoors I ordered 10x Afghan Kush (regular) and 10x South African kwazulu, as well as 3 feminized strawberry blue. I plan on making some basic crossings for my own seed supply. I will be making seeds and then I wil be popping seeds every 2 weeks or so when I built a small veg cab. This way I will be able to smoke all the time but I can also let my nerdy scientist side play a bit :'D

I'll be interested to see if the South African Kwazulu is what is says on the tin with the WOS controversy. I'd be inclined to keep an open mind so it'll be nice to see the results of your grow. If they are as advertised then it should be interesting.

Xayo looking good mate. Hope you've manged to keep cuttings for next grow.

I find it really inconvenient having to keep the grow room dark for 12 hours a day, especially when I want to spray during the lights off period and miss the period just before the lights go off. A really great solution to this I've found is to use a green compact fluorescent light of a normal domestic size i.e. 11-20W. The green CFLs, because of their spectrum, don't affect the flowering cycle so you can use it during the dark period to spray the plants etc. without disrupting the flowering of your plants at all. Also there are green LEDs which work really well too. You can get green LED lights that even clip on to a baseball cap, allowing you to work with both hands.
thanks for that tip - that's awesome.

^ no problem mate. Just make sure you actually get a green CFL and not a CFL that's merely been painted green, or an incandescent green bulb that's been painted green, both of which could disturb the dark cycle.

The BioBizz stuff seems to be working soo well on the last standing plant (nickname: Erna)

Erna has doubled budsize in the last week. She looks very good imo, although she seems to be the slowest my expectations are very high with her.
NSFW:

2ivjpyq.jpg

new hairs everywhere
NSFW:

25tunt1.jpg

Dried plant, depressing yield but I'm pretty high actually
NSFW:

1smuqd.jpg

The BioBizz stuff seems to be working soo well on the last standing plant (nickname: Erna)

Erna has doubled budsize in the last week. She looks very good imo, although she seems to be the slowest my expectations are very high with her.
NSFW:

2ivjpyq.jpg

new hairs everywhere
NSFW:

25tunt1.jpg

Dried plant, depressing yield but I'm pretty high actually
NSFW:

1smuqd.jpg

How is the high and taste?

Gorgeous looking plants everyone, I'm jealous !
My plants are at 3 1/4 weeks.

tumblr_m2ckec2cdv1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ckc1DfTz1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ck9sDRUs1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ck8zKovA1roxigeo1_500.jpg

Feel free to NSFW tag them, I can't remember how.
My plants are growing quickly. Seem pretty healthy.
Though, as you can see, the lower leaves on the plant are yellowing (so far, only 2 leaves on each plant), they are starting to brown round the edge/tip of the leaves.
Do they look alright to you guys? Anything I should do to improve the plants?
Ive noticed that for Indica dominant plants, they are pretty tall and lanky rather than short and bushy. Ive been pinching the branches, to make the plant larger/hardier.
I haven't started to feed them yet, I am going to start this week, Hoping the lankiness of the plants is from Nitrogen def.
I am going to put kelp in the soil soon as well.

AE, and Xayo, amazing looking plants, looks great.
Xayo , did you grow solely under florescent ? They look great for florescent.
I did the same thing you did at first I believe.
I started with CFL , and tried flowering under CFLs, I was so disappointed with the yeild, so I ended up purchasing HPS.
I didn't think it would make a huge difference, but , it did, I think vegging with CFL works great, as you can get the light so close to the plants, and the heat isn't a problem.
Vegging is a whole other story though, unfortunately.

And AE, you make plants look like the Cover of magazines man. Every time I see your plants I start to drool. lol
I'm so glad we've got you on here helping people out, you have so much knowledge of all this stuff, so thank you for sharing & helping, very much appreciated. :)
-edit-
Also, the holes Ive been digging outdoor, are about 2 1/2 feet wide, and about 2 1/2 - 3ft deep .
I haven't planted anything outdoors though, as I am planning to have them Veg over summer, and flower during winter.
Does that sound okay? this will be my first outdoor grow, any advice? (I've taken out most all the roots that I can in those holes).
I mixed about 1/4 soil with the dirt.

Last edited:
Gorgeous looking plants everyone, I'm jealous !
My plants are at 3 1/4 weeks.

tumblr_m2ckec2cdv1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ckc1DfTz1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ck9sDRUs1roxigeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ck8zKovA1roxigeo1_500.jpg

Feel free to NSFW tag them, I can't remember how.
My plants are growing quickly. Seem pretty healthy.
Though, as you can see, the lower leaves on the plant are yellowing (so far, only 2 leaves on each plant), they are starting to brown round the edge/tip of the leaves.
Do they look alright to you guys? Anything I should do to improve the plants?
Ive noticed that for Indica dominant plants, they are pretty tall and lanky rather than short and bushy. Ive been pinching the branches, to make the plant larger/hardier.
I haven't started to feed them yet, I am going to start this week, Hoping the lankiness of the plants is from Nitrogen def.
I am going to put kelp in the soil soon as well.

You can put images in nsfw tags by just doing
NSFW:
image URL/nsfw] But put this character [ before the /nsfw]

They look fine to me. I would cut off that leaf that's gone really yellow since it's not going to recover. If it's just a couple I wouldn't worry as it's pretty normal to have chlorotic leaves here and there.

When you say you've been pinching the branches, do you mean the apical tip of the main stem? In any case, just in case you don't know I would stop pinching the tips out well before the beginning of 12/12 since it will delay flowering. I think the tallness it probably due more to genetics than anything else (unless you've grown it out before and it wasn't tall?). An N deficiency will cause lots of leaves at the bottom to yellow rather than just one or two here and there.

If you put kelp in only use an extremely small amount i.e. just a few pinches literally in each pot, since contains a lot of salts and less is more.

AE, and Xayo, amazing looking plants, looks great.
Xayo , did you grow solely under florescent ? They look great for florescent.
I did the same thing you did at first I believe.
I started with CFL , and tried flowering under CFLs, I was so disappointed with the yeild, so I ended up purchasing HPS.
I didn't think it would make a huge difference, but , it did, I think vegging with CFL works great, as you can get the light so close to the plants, and the heat isn't a problem.
Vegging is a whole other story though, unfortunately.

And AE, you make plants look like the Cover of magazines man. Every time I see your plants I start to drool. lol
I'm so glad we've got you on here helping people out, you have so much knowledge of all this stuff, so thank you for sharing & helping, very much appreciated. :)
-edit-
Also, the holes Ive been digging outdoor, are about 2 1/2 feet wide, and about 2 1/2 - 3ft deep .
I haven't planted anything outdoors though, as I am planning to have them Veg over summer, and flower during winter.
Does that sound okay? this will be my first outdoor grow, any advice? (I've taken out most all the roots that I can in those holes).
I mixed about 1/4 soil with the dirt.

Thanks mate. I really didn't do anything special though. I literally just used an organic bloom fertilizer and water. I didn't use any supplements or anything. I appreciate the compliment though :)

If I were you I would replace all of the native soil and amend it with organic matter like garden compost, well rotted manure rather than filling a hole with compost. You can do it that way but it's not how I would do it personally since otherwise it can act like a sump. You only need to cultivate down to six inches since that's the place where the vast majority of the roots are (see photo below for cannabis roots). Also try and cultivate a large area of soil because, as you can see in the second photo, the roots really do spread out quite a distance. But you will definitely get better results by amending the soil itself rather than filling in a hole with compost, but that's just my way of doing it.

Last edited:
@hoes call me santa

Nice hairs there, seems like you are good to go =D

@AE
the high is at first very heady, but after a day of smoking it tiredness sets in pretty quickly.
Taste is a bit peppery but I can't say much about it because of my incredibly bad trimming job with lots of leaves. At first I thought it didn't give off much smell but after I left my room for some time and smelled it again I could definately smell much more ;)

@Prelude2Tragedy

Yea they are fluoro buds. I know that HPS would work a charm but I don't want to deal with these intense amounts of heat from one single source.
I also changed from CFL's to PL-Ls and they are great. I even have problems keeping the temps high enough although I doubled my wattage without changing anything else =D

My favourite grow shop which has the work 'green' in it's name if anyone knows what I mean (sorry I can't be any clearer it's against the rules to name shops or sources) has just started selling kits which include a 150W HPS, a miniature parabolic reflector and a 150W digital ballast, all for about the same cost (a tiny bit less actually) as kit containing one blue 250W CFL, one red 250W CFL and a reflector. Because the 150W HPS is more efficient than a 150W CFL, if you subtract the amount of light energy from the total energy going into a 150W HPS, it will give off less heat than the 150W CFL, so that sort of thing might be worth considering for future setups if you can afford it. I'm seriously considering buying the kit since it would be extremely useful for maintaining mums and for raising cuttings and seedlings.

Here's a picture of what that 150W HPS kit would look like (including the reflector it comes with):

mini%20max%20web__70248.jpg

Would you ever consider a T5 setup Xayo? You could build a cabinet from MDF and plywood. The good thing about T5 lights is that they distribute heat more evenly than both CFL and HID lights so you can get the plants so close they touch the T5s. I can't think of a better light for raising cuttings and mums since they absolutely love the light spectrum.

You could also look into using a cooltube to extract heat. That's why they're common in tight setups. Good luck whatever you do. It's a great hobby I think. Growing is more addictive than the drug itself.

Last edited: