• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin + Tramadol

danceofdays

Bluelighter
Earlier today I went out and bought a giant bag of 37.5mg Tramacets and 300mg gabapentins. They were cheap as fuck and since I'd be facing a gnarly w/d otherwise... I thought why not. With my tolerance the way it is I require at least 200mg of tramadol to get any real effect, but when I had no tolerance 200mg would get me fucking lifted and adding one 300mg gabapentin into he mix would make me nod hard in the right environment.

My question is, since gabapentin is an effective anti-seizure medication, if I took 900mg or so of it (more than the effective dose) would I be able to safely take a reasonably high tramadol dose? I want to recreate that original euphoric feeling but I know I'd need at least 300, maybe 400mg of tramadol to get that high with my tolerance the way it is. Right now I'm sitting at 600mg gabapentin and 225mg tramadol and I'm feeling nice but not lifted, I could definitely drive safely right now and that means I'm not high enough!

Also, I've never had a seizure before, but I'm wondering, are there any warning signs I should watch out for? Any other ways to minimize the risk besides limiting the dose? I've taken tramadol on probably 10-15 separate occasions and never had any issues, but those were <225mg doses.

Thanks.

Also, I'd like to clarify something I've read mixed opinions about on BL.

When I take gabapentin before taking/snorting oxycodone, it definitely dulls the high, every time.
When I take it half an hour to an hour after my last oxy dose and smoke some weed, I'll start nodding hard within 30 minutes and will usually get so high I pass out within a couple hours.

Gotta take it after or it doesn't potentiate.

even with the gabapentin i would not take more than 300mgs tramadol...tonic clonic seizures are scary as fuck especially if you are wide awake whole time. for me i was trying to piss in my bathroom, and i remember i couldn't pee for the life of me. i tried pushing a little harder, felt light headed and then started to faint, when i hit the floor i started to seize. i started to see my life flash before my eyes like some twilight shit and saw flashing rainbow colors while my body flailed uncontrollably. seizures arent fatal on their own, but if you are alone when you seize you could hit your head and bleed out and/or stop breathing by choking on your tongue....thank god people were with me when this happened

this was on 300mgs tramadol, alcohol, and marijuana. i still tramadol when i can get my hands on it but it's usually only 100-200mgs with my oxycodone/klonopin/lyrica to potentiate the opiate effects

300mgs gabapentin is like eating a saltine cracker to me, but i have some tolerance to gabapentin/lyrica. i suggest stacking your doses with both tramadol and gabapentin

such as 30 mins before your dose drink GFJ to increase the amount of O-desmethyltramadol your body produces

then after that for the first hour take 300mgs gabapentin + 100mgs tramadol
next hour take another 300mgs gabapentin and 100mgs trams
then the final hour 300mgs and another 100mgs tramadol

you will be high all day most likely this way

I would lower the tramadol dose, at least when you first try this combination, just to be sure.

I think you'll find that you'll be feeling just fine with that amount of gabapentin.

I ended up doing 300mg of tramadol and 1500mg of gabapentin total, spread over three or four hours. About an hour and a half after the last dose I drove over to a friend's house and smoked some weed, which definitely added to the high... I didn't catch a nod but I felt very content and social, and kept messing up words as I was trying to say them. Kind of like doing opiates and drinking, except I didn't feel as impaired.

So all in all, it was a good time. I've already taken 225mg/900mg today and I feel decent. Probably gonna bump it up to 300mg/1500mg again tonight and take more than a few hits of weed to see what happens.

Earlier today I went out and bought a giant bag of 37.5mg Tramacets and 300mg gabapentins. They were cheap as fuck and since I'd be facing a gnarly w/d otherwise... I thought why not. With my tolerance the way it is I require at least 200mg of tramadol to get any real effect, but when I had no tolerance 200mg would get me fucking lifted and adding one 300mg gabapentin into he mix would make me nod hard in the right environment.

My question is, since gabapentin is an effective anti-seizure medication, if I took 900mg or so of it (more than the effective dose) would I be able to safely take a reasonably high tramadol dose? I want to recreate that original euphoric feeling but I know I'd need at least 300, maybe 400mg of tramadol to get that high with my tolerance the way it is. Right now I'm sitting at 600mg gabapentin and 225mg tramadol and I'm feeling nice but not lifted, I could definitely drive safely right now and that means I'm not high enough!

Also, I've never had a seizure before, but I'm wondering, are there any warning signs I should watch out for? Any other ways to minimize the risk besides limiting the dose? I've taken tramadol on probably 10-15 separate occasions and never had any issues, but those were <225mg doses.

Thanks.

Ok I hope you don't take this as a lecture or anything, but there's two reasons I think this is a really bad idea for most people:

1. Tramadol seizure does not sound fun at all and can happen quite suddenly from what I've read, in the worse possible places, and could mean going to hospital and maybe being questioned by cops. Do you really want to risk it? The 400mg figure is often given as the maximum safe dose before the risk of seizure becomes a possibility, but from what I've read it varies and for some people it can be lower, especially if Tramadol is taken with other drugs or alcohol. Unless you know what you're doing and have plenty of experience with Tramadol or other opiates, I think it's really unwise to jump to higher doses of Tramadol above 100-150mg. You need to increment gradually and see what your body can take.

2. If Gabapentin is anything like Pregablin (it's big brother), it will cancel out the good effects of the Tramadol so you won't feel much of the good effects. That has been my experience with Pregablin + Tramadol combo anyway.

I know, this thread is old but I feel I need to point something out before someone gets the idea that they can just take tramadol nilly willy as long as their on gabapentin. Gabapentin only offers protection against partial and secondary generalized seizures, no protection from primary generalized seizures which is what a tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure is, a seizure starting on both sides of the brain. Gabapentin provides no useful anticonvulsant activity when taken with tramadol. Just in case people get the wrong idea.

not to mention, CaptainKratom, that the OP said these were 'Tramacets'. That means acetaminophen. I'd stay WELL below the 4G/day max.

-nurse

I'd offer that I often do 200-300mg of tramadol with 800-1600 mg gabapentin and do just fine, but I am prescribed the gabapentin and have a fairly high opiate tolerance so only use the tramadol for w/d. I feel this is very unhelpful, however, and don't know why I'm really posting except to say that my experience has been positive.

I have a monster opiate tolerance, I am prescribed 120 50 mg tramadol a month and just went out and purchased 30 600 mg gabapentin. Earlier today I took 200 mg of tramadol mixed in with a cola, then took 1200 mg of gabapentin, then just a little while ago another 300 mg of tramadol so im at 1200 gab and 500 mg tram. I just feel the gabapentin, dont really notice the tramadol, all it ever does is keep me out of severe withdrawal, but maybe if i give this nother 300 mg of tram an hour or so I will feel differently. Gabapentin alone has always has positive effects on me except if I take it over a long period of time I will develop headaches , pretty bad ones. But it works good for withdrawal. I expect to be going through withdrawal due to some circumstances in my life right now which is why i stocked up on Gabs, and some Clonodine and i think my montly prescriptions to 2 mg/klonopin daily and 200mg tramadol daily will help make this opiate withdrawal bearable.

Edit: Just a few minutes later I finally feel the tramadol may be taking some effect right now im at

500mg tramadol
1200 mg gabapentin
.2 mg clonodine
2 mg klonopin
I feel very dizzy and confused, but at the same time very content and comfortable. Im laying in bed watching a movie and it makes no sense.

Curious about whether tramadol and gabapentin is a dangerous combo . of course gabapentin won't necessarily decrease the risk of seizures, but will it INCREASE the risk? I've heard that in combo with certain drugs, gabapentin can actually increase seizure risk. also how safe is it to mix weed with tramadol?