• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will/How long will a 10 MG Methadone block opiates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisadh1122

Greenlighter
So I just found a 10 mg methadone in my things, im off work today, have nothing to do, and would really like to take it, just relax and chill. However, tonight (possibly) I may be getting some heroin, hopefully, but it may not work out (you know how drugs and flaky dealers don't mic well). Anyways, I want to take the done, but I dont want to be out of smoking the H for three days or something if I do end up getting it..

I dont take dones regularly, and I only need 10 mg to feel it.. I took a 10 mg two days ago, before that I hadnt had any in a while. So im just wondering, will such a low dose block opiates even? If so, about how long should I wait to take any opiates if I did take a 10mg today as well?

Thanks!

I thought Methadone blocked it for like three days, at least I had heard it had. But by the same token I had never noticed any kind of actual blocking, my normal dosing had the same effect. But yeah, agreed with rickolasnice I definately wouldn't go around mixing it with anything if you're inexperienced with opiates. Methadone has an extremely long half life.

no, i took 20mgs with 30mgs roxi and it was the best high ive ever had, that was also with klonopin, weed, and lyrica which is really dangerous dont do it if you dont have a tolerance to all the drugs.

the only thing is that it raised my tolerance more than from just roxi alone :(

Yes, Methadone does block opiates but not until your taking over 60mg. You would still feel the effects of the heroin if you took it right after the Methadone, however the combination is very risky and at the right dose it could kill you.

The blockade effect generally starts at a higher amount, probably 40mg or more daily.

Not to mention it has to be metabolized through the liver, and the process is slower than with other pills. So were you to take them at the same time the other pills would be metabolized before the methadone? Little rusty on the opiates but I believe that is either correct or in the right ball park.

Did 5mgs of Methadone once in my life & I believe it raised my tolerance a little bit with my norcos. grr......

Last edited:
iv had different experiences

many times iv tried to get high since bein on methadone and it didnt work , even wen was scripted oxys for a few months, railling upto 100mg or more wldnt work

but a few weeks b4 in hospital wen stil on same methadone dose , and ketamine drip and morphine triple strength ( 6mg hourly release and 5mg every 5 mins with the button),
i did not notice one tiny bit of a high that whole time , until they took me off the morphine
and 10 mins later gave me 20mg oxy instant release. 30 secs later i cldnt open my eyes, was
shouting random words out of nowhere, then blacked out for atleast 4 hours to the point of not being able to be woken ( no matter how fukd i am iv always been able to be woken bak to reality) but my friends were trying everything they cld to wake me for 20 or 30 mins , and nothing . neva been that out of it in my life , hit me 10x harder than first time i.v H .

my point being , if a hospital clda killed me by accident , imagine what damage we cld do without proper planning or being ignorant n thinkn na fuck it il be fine .. i got mates taking dirt naps whov thought like that .

afaik methadone has no blocking effect, thats just buprenorphine.

i'm not sure where you get your information but that is kind of the point of methadone....no 10 mg's will not block the effects of opiates but 10 mg's is a dose given for PAIN not for treating addiction. The blocking effect does not set in until you reach 70-80 mg's and then it will only block other opiates for 24-36 hours (which is the halflife of methadone) anything lower than 70-80 mg's will still PARTIALLY block the effects of other opiates but not completely. It takes a few days for it to build up in your blood stream before it has a constant blocking effect. and taking other opiates on methadone will not kill you unless you are just negligent and take an amount which is more than your body can withstand which is the case with ANY drug and is called an overdose if ya didnt know.

^ Effie quoted you in the BDD social info booth thread and I posted in there not realizing it was from here, so if interested, I responded here.

Also here is an excellent thread on the subject (especially Tchort's post). and if you search for the keywords 'methadone' and variations of 'block' (blocking, blockade, etc.) you'll find loads of information on this.

I took 5mgs Methadone once & the next couple days I could hardly feel my Norcos. Took several days & then I still needed to take a little bit more Norcos to get the desired effect. Methadone also raises tolerance. Then again, I am sensitive to all opiates & it doesnt take much to get me high.

I took 5mgs Methadone once & the next couple days I could hardly feel my Norcos. Took several days & then I still needed to take a little bit more Norcos to get the desired effect. Methadone also raises tolerance. Then again, I am sensitive to all opiates & it doesnt take much to get me high.

You barely felt it because Methadone is a VERY powerful opiate, much more potent than hydrocodone so basically what happened is your tolerance was increased. No blockade effect.

as we've already said the BLOCKING dose doesnt start until roughly between 60-80mg's depending on who you ask. As KD out in AZ said that is your tolerance going up not the methadone blocking your receptors. Most people think if you take one methadone then you can take 10000000000 mg's of oxy the next day and feel no thing....not true...and yes their was a LOT of sarcasm in that previous number. But yeah this is just not true, you can still get high on any opiate until you reach that 60-80 mg dosage, and even then you can still feel stronger opiates such as Fentanyl. and at that dosage the methadone itself will give you QUITE the buzz

^ and as I pointed out in the other thread (linked to above) as well as was sufficiently explained in the other provided link, methadone doesn't block other opioids.

Methadone is a full agonist and the blockade effect comes from antagonists (e.g. naloxone and naltrexone) and mixed agonist-antagonists (e.g. buprenorphine).

^I think calling it a blockade is common as this is what happens with a sufficient dose. There are other instances of describing a drug by its action rather than by its true classification... For example, we call naloxone an antagonist even though it is truly an inverse agonist.

Last edited:
^ I know it's commonly referenced as such but the reason I keep stressing that it's different from the bupe/naloxone/naltrexone blockade is that if people think of it as a blockade like those and try to 'breakthrough' with heroic doses, it'll produce a cumulative effect and fatal overdose is far more likely.

Last edited:
^ and as I pointed out in the other thread (linked to above) as well as was sufficiently explained in the other provided link, methadone doesn't block other opioids.

Methadone is a full agonist and the blockade effect comes from antagonists (e.g. naloxone and naltrexone) and mixed agonist-antagonists (e.g. buprenorphine).

im not saying it physicially takes the receptors and blocks anything else from coming in, it blocks out the opiates by the raise in tolerance as you spoke of this is how it "blocks" opiates. I know and understand the difference in Subs and Methadone and we just had a little communication error. It is called a "blocking dose" but no it is not physically blocking your dose its simply raising tolerance to make dose less effective. i know

Status
Not open for further replies.