• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and Oxycodone

PixieDust

Bluelighter
How much dxm (mucinex dm tabs) do I have to take to potentiate my oxycodone effects? There are 30mgs per tablet. Lets say for someone who is 130lbs?
thanks,

pix
<3

DXM doesn't actually potentiate opiates. I doubt they synergise as well. Usually DXM is taken to lower tolerance before getting high. You can take it an hour or so before you get high or go to a second platue with DXM THEN take your opiates and supposedly reach a third platuea. It sounds pretty dangerous to me, but it's supposed to be pretty awesome. Taking large amounts of DXM might actually lower bioavailibility

Also, be careful. Mucinex dm tabs have two layers- one is instant release the other is extended release, so you won't get the full amount of DXM unless you cut through and expose the drug under the candy coated layer. Plus they have 1.2g of guaifenesin

^^ DXM is an opioid and in my past experience it does potentiate opiates. it is absorbed through the CYP2D6 enzyme, the same cytochrome that most opiates are absorbed through so it sort of acts like GFJ or tagamet if you take it before as it will occupy the enzymes so less of your oxy will be metabolized and excreted. as i stated before as well as being a NMDA antagonist, it also has some, but not much affinity to bind to kappa, delta, and mu opioid receptors.

i personally absolutely detest taking anything past 60mgs of DXM or any dose of DXM that makes you 'trip,' but when taken in low doses in conjunction with an opiate such as oxy, it adds great warmth.

finally because it's ability to antagonize NMDA receptors is so poor, it is not the best choice for reversing tolerance. memantine is 10xbetter at reversing tolerance because it has a high affinity to bind to these receptors.

however, justin does make a good point about mucinex. i wouldnt suggest taking much as it contains other active ingredients which arent good to take in large doses. Delsym's only active ingredient is DXM so that is what i prefer