• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

**********Healthy Living: you need a new mod**********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed

Bluelight Crew
Well folks, somebody is stepping down-- that somebody is me. I'm heading to Thailand to become a Buddhist monk. I'd like to say thank you to everybody that posts in HL, especially those that post religiously-- without you, we are nothing. As a result...

We now require another new and enthusiastic moderator to join us on the Healthy Living mod team!

Your duties as a moderator will be:

* to be an active contributor to the forum; to build forum content; and, add discussion
* check all forum threads for infractions of BLUA and HL posting guidelines, and edit as required
* respond to reports on threads in Healthy Living
* edit, merge, and move threads to appropriate forums as required
* other general forum responsibilities (ambiguous enough for ya?)

Please PM your application to addictivepersona, Changed, n3ophy7e, Cane2theLeft and amapola by Friday, July 1st.

In your application, it would be handy to note the following:

* your location
* the amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* why you want to be a HL moderator and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Dave looking for the tripod? You only have 2 arms dude...what could you possible use to wield your third mod stick...?

Andddd I've ruined the thread ;)

The asterisks make it noticeable. :p First thread I noticed.

As I said in the mod thread, best of luck Changed! :)

Whoa, Thai Forest. That's very cool. I wish you all the best on your journeys, and would love to hear of your experience should you ever choose to return. :)

Heh, not going for the tripod, no. It'll be a while before I get up to speed properly with TDS even; lucky for me that Blogs is not a difficult mistress.

Mucho congrats to you, buddy. Good luck; I'm sure it's easier said than done. Anger will be your worst nemesis (personal observations). Feed your anger love and affection and go into the world of wonder!

Best of Luck to You Changed!

Hello Changed,

I found this little guy in the forest a few weeks ago. I had been worried about him. As I was reading your post this morning, I looked out my window to see him with his mom and a sibling apparently thriving. As this is a "harm-reduction" site, I ask if you have thoroughly inquired into the mortality rates for Forest Monks? The forest can be a dangerous place. Can you tell us of some of the not so friendly inhabitants you might encounter? Here in upstate NY I found myself cooing at 3 puppies, then confronted with a snapping and snarling coyote. Subsequently, I encountered a State Trooper tossing a dredging hook into a pond. Finally, I found myself standing amidst a dozen mounds of writhing snakes. A walk in the woods can turn into Gilligan's Island or worse. I'm a big lurker. I should post more. Yep. For better or for worse, I'm rather "monkish".
Ahh! Resourcefulness!

Attachments

• DSCF0328.jpg
    DSCF0328.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 117
well, the forests in Thailand are nothing like our forests here in Upstate NY, that's for sure...

They have pretty much every dangerous animal you could think of-- 20 foot snakes, mosquitoes that can kill you, 4 foot long centipedes, leopards, alligators, etc...

I'm sure the mortality rate isn't too high... I'm not too worried about how long I live, though :)

If you have any interest in joining staff, don't hesitate to apply! It never hurts to try and if you think you'd be a good fit, let us know why :)

If you have any interest in joining staff,
don't hesitate to apply!
It never hurts to try!
And if you think you'd be a good fit.
...let us know why.​

good luck changed! may peace, love, and light guide your path my star brother :)

Wow awesome Changed! Having read a lot of your posts throughout P&S i can tell this is something you've been wanting to do for a while now... best of luck my friend! :)

Hey everybody!

I just thought I'd mention that even if you think you are too new to get a position on staff or maybe you lurk a lot but don't post that often or spend most of your time on another forum on BL...but either way if you still think you'd make a great HL mod you should definitely apply.

There is no downside to applying and getting your name out there can have an effect on future applications for staff as you show you've been serious about the issue and considering it for a longer amount a time.

So yeah if in doubt send in an application or if you have any questions feel free to ask in here or PM myself or AddictivePersona or anybody else. :D

In addition to what ama said: If you're hesitant to throw your application in, don't be. We don't judge and the applications are only viewable by moderators during the current decision-making process. :)

well, the forests in Thailand are nothing like our forests here in Upstate NY, that's for sure...

They have pretty much every dangerous animal you could think of-- 20 foot snakes, mosquitoes that can kill you, 4 foot long centipedes, leopards, alligators, etc...

I'm sure the mortality rate isn't too high... I'm not too worried about how long I live, though :)

Oh my! Congratulations on finding your calling in life and gaining the courage to follow through with your dream.

I would very much like to follow suit at some point later in life :)

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.