View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
last night i had a dream i was on nitrous laughing my ass off. felt like it and everything. love dreams when im on drugs!

samadhi_smiles said:
I personally think nitrous is a waste and detrimental to one's health...and obscuring true insight from the psychedelic state, replacing it with garbage confusion, shallow euphoria, and meaningless 'insights.'

Comments?

I first did nangs with acid a few weeks back and it was anything but a waste. It lasted for only a few but that sudden lucid mind expanding high was something that I'll be forever grateful that I got to experience.

do any of you w tanks do a regulated mix with o2? ... just wondering how an extended moderate experience would compare to short blasts.

on it's own, i find its only good for euphoria and tactile stuff (sex mainly). for the mental nuances i have to use it in combo.

Does anyone know if a "soda dispenser" will work the same as a regular whipped cream dispenser?

edited by willow11- Do not post sources

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think nitrous is a waste and detrimental to one's health...and obscuring true insight from the psychedelic state, replacing it with garbage confusion, shallow euphoria, and meaningless 'insights.'

Comments?

I don't see how you can say the insights are less meaningful, sure maybe they are not as easy to interpret but so what? IMO drugs are not holy, spiritual or meaningful as objects themselves, they are keys to unlocking the doors that make up our consciousness. Insights are just that, insights into our own minds, they are not the drug telling us things but rather us realising things. If nitrous unlocks our minds in a way more complex and 'messy' than typical psychedelics then so what. My take would be that whilst it may be harder to separate and understand what you learn off nitrous, things learnt are no more or less valid/meaningful than what you learn on any other substance.

As for health damage sure frequent binges won't do you any good, however from the information available i am highly sceptical that infrequent use, with or without psychedelics would cause any real harm if done carefully. Either way i would much rather take a drug for which the drawbacks are comparatively well documented than one (e.g. psychedelic 'research chemicals') for which very little information is known. That’s just my take though and i can understand how if the experience feels wrong or false to you, then it is.

Peace.

AmberFrog, sure the drugs themselves aren't full of insight...thats an incredibly pedantic point though, you have to admit. Not very many people are trying to say the actual chemicals themselves are holy (although some do). There are definitely holy experiences though one can access with these chemicals, like you say (5-MeO-DMT comes to my mind).

Your other point about insight being possible on nitrous strikes me as equally pedantic. Of course you can catalyze meaningful changes from nitrous, but so can you from methamphetamine or heroin, but I think most of us here would agree these are horrible chemicals to put in your body.

Sure, its fun, but its also fun to drop 5 rolls in a night or do an eight ball with a friend, but I can't say I recommend it.

My experience with psychedelics recently has taught me its such a blessing to be given the chance to experience these states. It just seems like a shame to me to ruin that chance with a disassociative like nitrous or ketamine.

AmberFrog, sure the drugs themselves aren't full of insight...thats an incredibly pedantic point though, you have to admit. Not very many people are trying to say the actual chemicals themselves are holy (although some do). There are definitely holy experiences though one can access with these chemicals, like you say (5-MeO-DMT comes to my mind).

No, i don't think it's a pedantic point at all; people do say this or at least suggest this. I by no means have the right to say the yare wrong, but i personally do not agree with them. The way you categorically listed reasons why nitrous is meaningless suggested to me and element of this line of thought, as was suggest by a post of yours regarding the inferiority of phenethylamines to tryptamine elsewhere. Now i may be completely wrong but the way you said both of these made me think that you may perhaps hold such a viewpoint. Expanding upon what i said i feel that as soon as you adopt an attitude that a substance is useless with regards to insight, then it probably is useless to you. People can find insight in lots of things, and i jus think you are being a bit judgmental in instantly ruling nitrous experiences as meaningless. So no, i don't feel i am being pedantic.

Your other point about insight being possible on nitrous strikes me as equally pedantic. Of course you can catalyze meaningful changes from nitrous, but so can you from methamphetamine or heroin, but I think most of us here would agree these are horrible chemicals to put in your body.

I feel your comparison here is pretty flawed; firstly i doubt anyone here would equate nitrous with heroin or methamphetamine in terms of lack of meaning or harm, something which you appear to be suggesting. Secondly, i can't say i have ever heard of anyone using heroin or methamphetamine with the purpose of insight in mind, where as this is often, if by no means completely, the case with nitrous. Again i don't see how my comment was at all pedantic.

Sure, its fun, but its also fun to drop 5 rolls in a night or do an eight ball with a friend, but I can't say I recommend it.

Again, not really relevant to what i said. Notice that i never mentioned your criticism of 'shallow euphoria' namely because, at least to a degree, i agree with you there. Still the kind of damage you are suggesting with '5 rolls in a night or do an eight ball' doesn't really correlate with nitrous use in anyway i can see. To me that is pedantic.

My experience with psychedelics recently has taught me its such a blessing to be given the chance to experience these states. It just seems like a shame to me to ruin that chance with a disassociative like nitrous or ketamine.

This is just you though, i know many people who have found nitrous and especially ketamine extremely insightful. Now i appreciate that in such a state you are emotionally removed in many ways, and as such you cannot truly experience these insights with regards to your normal emotions and life, however i think you are basing your opinion on dicassociatives entirely on personal experience. I respect and understand your view, such things are very different to classic psychedelics and i can see how they may be useless garbage to some, at the end of the day it is personal taste. Out of interest what's your take on the salvia experience?

Peace.

Amber, I guess we have different experiences with nitrous then. The only times I've ever heard about nitrous being used for 'insightful' purposes is online. Every experience I've had with nitrous at shows, parties, gatherings has been dealing with a lot of cracked out, confused, giggling, falling down people. It doesn't seem like a worthwhile substance when you're going back for your 10th balloon in a row while you could be tripping on the cleanest and best LSD in the world.

I've done it enough to realize that for most everybody I've come into contact with it is worthless. And, thats not an instantaneous judgement, its taken me 7 years to come to that. In my mind it is on par with alcohol for its worthless properties. Like alcohol, it is OK if done in moderation, but I'm at a point (and hope others may get there too) where I don't need substances to have a good time or feel happy. I just look around me and see the air vibrating with energy and that puts a smile on my face better than any nitrous balloon could.

I prefer tryptamines and I encourage tryptamines because they have time and time again proven themselves as valuable for humans to use. Phenylethylamines and disassociatives seem a lot more trickier to use wisely or beneficially.

I think most people in the 'real world' who use drugs would look at you very strangely if you started talking about the entheogenic properties of nitrous. =D

Anyways, thank you for responding....its helped me understand another perspective as well as my own better.

Peace and love! :)

>>I personally think nitrous is a waste and detrimental to one's health...and obscuring true insight from the psychedelic state, replacing it with garbage confusion, shallow euphoria, and meaningless 'insights.'

Comments?>>

No...I think it has the potential to be a psychedelic par excellance! Good luck integrating anything truly interesting though...the time-course is way too short.

ebola

colors said:
do any of you w tanks do a regulated mix with o2? ... just wondering how an extended moderate experience would compare to short blasts.

We have it in BOC 100% tanks and also the Entonox 50/50 N2O/O2 tanks.
The 50/50 stuff is safer and you can just get *CREAMED*, because you can just keep breathing that, its good to do a whole tank in one sitting.
but i think the pure N2O is better because its more of a peak and it tastes much nicer.:)

GreenMachine said:
Does anyone know if a "soda dispenser" will work the same as a regular whipped cream dispenser?
[/URL]

Yes it will. :)

I love nitrous personally, though its frustratingly short lived. Always a great addition to a psychedelic or opiate IMO- kinda boring on its own unless u inhale a lot though. My use has ceased after I began to feel very shaky and nauseas after every hit.

As to its safety, I belive it to be relatively safe if used sparingly, though spinal problems have been observed after repeated use.

Last edited:
samadhi_smiles said:
It doesn't seem like a worthwhile substance when you're going back for your 10th balloon in a row while you could be tripping on the cleanest and best LSD in the world.
This is the wrong way of thinking IMO. You shouldn't be comparing the two side-by-side. If we did that most drugs would look bad in comparison to lsd or some of the more revered psychedelics. Just because nitrous is so short dosen't mean it can't be extremely useful, and profound. Salvia's also a very short acting drug, and I've heard people say the effects they felt were many times greater than that of lsd. Just like with all drugs, it ultimately comes down to the user of the drug. There are obviously people who had a bad lsd experience and feel it shouldn't be used, but the majority see it as a very important drug.

I love N2O and salvia.
thing is, after salvia you dont wanna do more and more straight away.
N2O, on the other hand........
i wouldnt do it very often if i had to pay for each balloon....

What the fuck, how do you 'fish out' on nitrous? I can only hold my breath for a good 30 seconds on it, then the effects subside immediately after exhaling. Are you being retarded and exhaling it back into a balloon and re-inhaling repeatedly?

Everytime I get on a good n2o binge I find some new psychedelic ground. The main hangup, aside from the short duration, is that the substance does too good a job at wiping out my ability to remember how it happened. I always end up on some bent logical path that doesn't lend itself well to explanation and I come out of it falling just short of understanding how my thoughts brought me there. This is turn makes me want to break open a few more bulbs to rediscover what I can't recall, but the same thing happens every time. Frustrating. I can't remember to remember the bullet train of thoughts that brings me to those hell-bent epiphanies that manifest themselves in the cosmic mental feedback loop of a nang hole. I love that shit.

I'm with you, Liric. As someone interested in the philosophy of mind and the phenomenology of consciousness, it's frustrating being unable to articulate (and thus integrate) the insight/epiphany/what-have-you. For the past couple times I've done it (this has been on its own), I've been trying to grapple with the time-delayed unfolding of the aha moment... something experiential that can't be described in such electrovoltaic terms as temporal lobe electricity and brain wave state changes. The stages... the waves of pleasure as each back-formation of cognition is recognized by the higher aspects of consciousness and intellect.

It's pretty sweet if you're the heady sort of dork I am.

i wish i had some tanks right now i love n2o.I used to n2o on dpt alot that was pretty cool

i did nitrous for the first time while on some good doses and it was probably one of the most fun experiences i've had. that shit is off the chains. if you get caught with nitrous and a cracker, can you get in trouble in CA?

Status
Not open for further replies.