Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh..you poor souls..

Well, however you get the nitrous into a balloon, is fine. But, you must download/get/whatever this song, Paul Van Dyke - Nothing But You. There's a bunch of versions but there's one thats right about 7 minutes long.

Crank up the sound, balloon in hand, listen to it... wait right about 1 minute 10 seconds into the song, then, start your huffin'.....

Trust me..

(oh, and its MUUUCH better to do this when you are already tripping, of course)

%)

btw, if you're using nitrous out of a whipped cream can, put it into a baloon first or you risk frostbite from the cold air.

So what some of you guys are saying...You can go to the supermarket, buy a can of whipped cream, a big ballon and experience nitrous safely? Sounds good to me, but wouldnt the whip cream still escape as your trying to release the nitrous into the ballon.. making a ballon filled with cream and some nitrous air.

I know many here are proponents of the inhale/exhaling into the balloon method, but I have found that simply inhaling and holding your breath, then exhaling but not back into the balloon to work equally well, if not better. This lets me concentrate less on the task and focus more on the obvious.

peace,
beta theory

Thank god someone bumped this thread.

I've heard the best way to take N2O is to inhale it.

heres a nifty trick that even the most seasoned of whippet users never think about.

use those punchbag balloons with the rubber band on the end. as you exhale, pull the end of the balloon with the rubber band. it makes it a lot easier to breath the N2O into the balloon because you are essentially sucking the air out of your lungs

Kewl....I've always heard of people doing this. I get legal nitrous every 6 months when they clean my teeth (they gas me because I have major jaw problems). It sounds like a blast to do recreationally

Thanks for the info everyone
I love this site! I'm learning so much!:D

I have read that unless you supply your body with adequate oxygen (I forget the ratio) then the nitrous will cause harm to your neural pathways and/or brain. Just breathing in air is not enough, you will not get the ratio.
So I'm thinking of not doing it any more except once in a very long while for those really special trippy moments.

Unless anyone here knows where one can obtain pure oxygen whippets like those the nitrous comes in?

btw - your best bet is to invest in one of those metal whipped cream dispensers . . . very easy to control and no balloon needed.

Red%20whip%20cream%20dispenser.jpg

^That's the dispenser I have (except mine's a bit smaller)

[Edited: no source discussion]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Big and Dandy Nitrous Oxide Thread (N2O)

This thread is intended for all types of questions regarding the use of nitrous oxide. Mods if you would, please merge all further n2o threads here.
Anyway, my use of n2o has picked up recently and I've been noticing something. It seems like when I use n2o from chargers that the effects last significantly longer than n2o from a tank. About 1-2 minutes longer at times, which although it dosen't sound like alot, is a pretty significant increase for nitrous. Has anybody else noticed this? I'd really like to get some feedback, cause some people I talked to said they don't really notice, or they say time is so distorted they can't tell or something, but I know what I felt, I'm very experinced with n2o and other dissociatives. I used to mainly do n2o from tanks, which I still feel is a better in terms of price(~$10-$12 for 10 chargers, ~$350 for tank), but I may start doing more chargers if there really is a difference.
If you have a question about n2o or something to say, post it. I don't feel there is enough discussion about nitrous, and I hope this dosen't die.:(
-BL Nitrous FAQ - http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Nitrous_Oxide
edit: link added

Last edited:
Nice idea! Thanks, we needed this and I can't believe I never realized that.

Nitrous is probably the only substance I've see that really gives a different nature to a trip.. Nitrous only lasts a few minutes, but when im under the influence of good ol' LSD, I feel the effects for what seems to be hours.. the pins and needles feeling and the wahhwahhhwahhhawhaaaaaaaa feeling

While on LSD, I can easily breakdown the points of an N20 experience that makes it so wonderful. Here's a description of the effects of N20.

The "truth". The white light, the peak, the high frequency squeal that rushes past, pulling a smile across your face with the visuals of huge, toothy smiles duplicating themselves around your vision. That feeling that the beat of the music is speeding up to a crescendo, while in fact it’s an auditory hallucination.

Sound rushes to an insanely high frequency at super speed and it feels as if time has slowed down to a nano-second. It sounds as if the blaring music in the background’s beat is speeding up to an enormous climax, while in actual fact it’s at the same tempo as before you hit the laughing gas.

You try beat-matching with the DJ…Trying to time yourself so perfectly to the climaxing break that you can pump a fist in the air not even a fraction of a nanosecond away from the beat exploding into a huge crescendo (Your peak breaks as the DJ drops the beat.)

It’s as if you’re moving in real-time, but the world around you is going super-super-slow. You can look around, hear and see what each person is involved in: one group is doing this, these two are talking about that, this group is mingling with that group, these people are trying to do the same thing as you. Matching your flamboyant movement with the break of the beat’s climaxing crescendo. You want to walk up to them and ask them if they’re successful in their efforts, and then you realise these things aren’t actually going around you, it’s just that second of the NO2 peak being stretched into minutes.

The sound hallucinations start rushing back, like an elastic band that’s been stretched and then let loose…It feels like time itself is suddenly speeding up to its normal point and everything slowly moves from freeze-frame, back into real-time and it seems as if single second has been frozen for what seems like eternities.

You feel as if you just did something spectacular, absolutely awe-inspiring in front of everyone but at the expense of snapping your mind into permanent psychosis. You hear the faint “Do it again! Do it again!” and wonder what exactly it was that you did.

During the direct aftermath you could be terrified into thinking that a lot has gone on (or is even still taking place) around you, hours even years of events are going on around you and you can’t escape that frozen second. This sensation will eventually fade away and you’ll become fully sane. But not before thinking how simple (or incredibly insane) that combination of effects is and how you’ve worked it all out…

The key to pleasure.

There is a feeling of cleansing, intellectual release. A feeling of euphoria travelling along your brain’s reward pathway

It is the reward of solution that brings us such pleasure, and while thinking this, you let out a little laugh at how simple it all is.

yeah lsd and n2o is by far my favorite combo when done right.

Last edited:
I know this is extremely pedantic but.. why does everyone spell "N2O" with a 0 (zero) instead of an O like it's supposed to be?

oops, never realized I even did it it but both keys are next to each other so I guess maybe thats why8(

Yeah, I mix those two up in various words sometimes, without ever meaning to. Weird!

Hey, off-topic, but I've never known what "1337" was supposed to represent. My guess was "leet", but that makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.