• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Missed A Shot of Opana

codeveronica

Greenlighter
Well I finally did it... I missed my vein while mainlining opana. It totaly caught me off guard too because I registered fine. I shot a good 40ccs into my right arm. This was 24 hrs ago and the swelling has not gone down. It's pretty red and sore. I'm getting pretty worried. What should I do other than applying heat to it? I expected it to be gone or at least better today.. :(

1ml = 1cc = 100 units

Apply a heat compress, some triple antibiotic ointment would help too.

If it keeps getting worse please go to the ER.

Do you have any more Opana? I would recommend grinding one up and snorting it. Then going to the ER :).

ER: Vode Ceronica.
(sorry, couldn't resist, love that RE)

But seriously, go to the ER, that's a big quantity of fillers that you injected under your skin/in a muscle. Better to check it while it's still easy to cure. Less abcès cutting.

what was the shot consistency? did u micron filter it or anything? if it was all cloudy and you are sure you had particulate in there, id seriously watch the area, and if it doesnt get better go to the ER if you can, esp if it hurts. i dont have any personal experience shooting opana but nasally they are pretty gunky, i can imagine how it would look in a spoon, doesnt seem like a clean shot unless you really filtered well.

Seriously i don't even understand how people can miss their entire shot. Didn't you feel it wasn't even going into your vein when you were depressing the plunger? Some people really dont pay attention to the sensations when they inject, you can literally feel when you're in and when you're out i honestly dont see how people can miss entire shots.

Anyways due to your shot being prepared from a pill there's a chance that site could get infected and develop an abcess. As C_H said if it gets worse go to the ER mate.

Like everyone else mentioned, if it does not improve within the next 24 hours I would definitely go to the ER.. Missing a shot, especially if it was a pill, can have dire consequences. The likelihood of an abscess forming is quite high.

If you are injecting pills on a regular basis, I HIGHLY recommend investing in micron filters. This way you can filter out all the inactives/binders/fillers/bacteria. This makes injecting pills much safer. In captain.heroin's signature, there is a link to a wealth of information about using micron filters.

I'm not sure how I managed to miss. I registered (ie. got a good blood return) then about halfway through a bubble started to appear. It was slightly delayed so I didn't notice until it was too late.. I'm soo fucking worried. :( :( This happened yesterday evening. Still isn't any better. When should I go to the ER?

Like everyone else mentioned, if it does not improve within the next 24 hours I would definitely go to the ER.. Missing a shot, especially if it was a pill, can have dire consequences. The likelihood of an abscess forming is quite high.

Sorry, just saw your post. An abscess is likely to form if I don't get it taken care of or is going to form no matter what. What other consequences can I expect? Please don't tell me something so dire as a loss of my arm or something :'(

Honestly, it isn't guaranteed but it's certainly possible. As stated above, go to the ER if it gets worse.

Getting an abscess is not definite. What I meant was that missing a shot from a pill increases the chance of getting one, due to the binders/fillers and whatnot that the pill contains. It is not a death sentence by any means, though.

If it does not improve, and it swollen, red, and warm to the touch, then that is a good indication of an abscess or infection forming. It is possible that it will get better on its own, although the worse case scenario would be your worst fear..

If it doesn't improve today please go to the ER. We cannot accurately diagnose you via the internet, so I don't want to tell you you will be okay and have something bad happen. You need a professional medical opinion, and the proper treatment if necessary.

It's better to be safe than sorry, especially when the worst case scenario is not good at all. I sincerely hope it turns out fine, but when you are playing with your health it is not smart to gamble.

So today the redness has decreased. It's not warm to the touch however it is still sore to the touch. I really don't want to go to the emergency room but I'm thinking after I get out of work today I will. What if I don't have health insurance?

So today the redness has decreased. It's not warm to the touch however it is still sore to the touch. I really don't want to go to the emergency room but I'm thinking after I get out of work today I will. What if I don't have health insurance?

They still have to treat you.

Will this cost me something?

And I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow because it has slightly improved. But if it doesn't get any better by tomorrow I will definitely be going to the ER. I'll let you guys know how I'm doing. Thank you all so much. You've been great help. :)

ER: Vode Ceronica.
(sorry, couldn't resist, love that RE)

Haha I don't get it

That's good to hear that it is improving slightly. If you do decide to go to the ER, and don't have insurance, they still are obligated to treat you. They legally/morally cannot turn you away. If you don't have insurance, it will cost a good amount maybe, but they will bill you later. Also, many hospitals offer what they call 'charity care'. You can apply for it while you are there, and if your financial situation is bad enough to qualify, the state basically pays for it all so you do not have to pay for it since you don't have the financial means necessary.

Don't let the money situation deter you from going. You will more than likely be able to qualify for charity care, but if not they won't even bill you for a long time, and you can either get on a payment plan or try and work something out so you don't have to pay much or any at all.

Regardless, having a potential abscess checked out should not cost very much at all in the first place.

Let us know how it goes, I really hope you come out of this situation with the best case scenario. Also make sure you take this incident as a learning experience and don't make the same mistake twice.

Yes, dont ever let the money situation ever deter you from going to the hospital. Like we said, they have to treat you & yes, the bill they send you may be outrageous but you cant put a price on your health.

You don't want an abscess. Amputation is always a possibility if you do nothing about it. Call the pharmacy and ask what they recommend. You shouldn't have to give your name. Something I do to make sure I am not missing is to check that I am still registering blood halfway through the shot. Some would say it's unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

I seriously recommend micron filtering your shots. I have missed a few shots (ended up as subcutaneous injection, kinda hurts). Anyway due to the good ol .22 um wheel filter I have never had a problem, despite using pills.

The time and effort it takes to be totally safe surely pays off.

Will this cost me something?

And I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow because it has slightly improved. But if it doesn't get any better by tomorrow I will definitely be going to the ER. I'll let you guys know how I'm doing. Thank you all so much. You've been great help. :)

Haha I don't get it

If it is really a money issue just go to the hospital and give them a fake name. (Sorry medical professionals that read this board)

I knew some chick that was in the detox unit for 30 days on a fake name. This chick was a real scumbag though, don't do that. Really, a Grade A+ piece of junkie shit. Burn in hell Dana!

fuck man that is the saddest thing I've ever heard; people questioning seeking medical attention due to cost. you call yourselves the first world?