Bluelight

Thread: So what do you get a girl that you like for her birthday?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So what do you get a girl that you like for her birthday? 
    Like there's a girl I like, I have no idea what to get her for her birthday.

I don't want any boring ideas like flowers, and chocolate.

2. Collapse Details

Well what does she like? What are her hobbies, what kind of music does she listen to, etc?

Without more info, its kinda hard to brainstorm ideas.

I'm sure if you like her, you must know what kind of things she's into.

3. Collapse Details

^What, it isn't enough that you can get a bust out for free on almost any OTHER day of the year?

Get her a dildo that's slightly smaller than your dick, unless your dick is tiny, and then be like "There's more where that came from "
    At least it's honest, any present you give her is going to be motivated by your dick anyways.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I think the last two posts sound like very viable options, in my opinion. hell, ones from a girl, ones from an obviously very insightful male.

if she doesnt like coke, maybe some psychedelics or some grass or something..or a diamond necklace if you wanna go that route

5. Collapse Details

OH duuuude, this is tough. I usually take someone out for dinner/movie/cool date so I don't have the stress of buying a gift. Unless the person is a douche, he/she will be thankful. Maybe buy a small cake and sing her happy birthday.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booyaa View Post
    hahah I proposed those two kinds of drugs coz they would sexually arouse her as well, so it's for you as well :P
    on psychedelics she might get a bad trip or something so it's not a safe option in my opinion

CoffeeDrinker, in order to get that shit for free (in my experience), I'll have to f*ck the dealer so it's not really an option! in addition to that, it's pretty rare to find a boyfriend with that much money that can make you gifts like that any other day, let alone that personally I don't like getting that expensive gifts any other day coz that makes me feel obliged to the other person, whatever that might mean! you know what I mean
    Oh they're definitely very arousing drugs, that's for sue. Yeah, if you're trying to get laid psychedelics are one of the worst ways to do it unless you're both experienced psychonauts that have tripped together before.

And I wasn't suggesting that you sleep with dealers, but where I'm from there are lots of guys (usually less-than-attractive drug addict guys who are desperate to get laid) that are more than happy to give any girl lots of free lines of drugs without any expectation or obligation to return the favor with sex (just silent hope on their part). You're right that they don't have a lot of money, but they definitely have a steady supply of drugs. I've been frustrated many times that all these pathetic dudes with no money give their drugs away to girls who have no intention of sleeping with them(and probably have more money than they do), yet they won't give me any.
    I'm just as good at not sleeping with them as any chick is!
    I think they're just happy to have females in their lives, just for the aesthetics. It's like how girls get free drinks a lot of the time too, and don't have to sleep with the dude who bought it.

Anyway I don't mean to derail the thread, sorry.

I like the idea of giving gifts that reflects thoughtfulness on your part. Something that is specific to a hobby or interest of theirs or something that they could use in their daily life.
    Sentimental gifts are only good for loved ones. If it's just a girl who's a friend, but you're not dating, then I wouldn't get too sentimental.
    If you know they like drugs then drugs isn't a bad idea, but you could probably do better. Maybe bake 'em special brownies. Or, better yet, special tollhouse cooki bars with chocolate frosting. Then that's drugs AND a delicious baked good AND it shows effort and thoughtfulness on your part.
    Maybe tickets to a theme park or a fun event or something.
    I love gift giving, it's my favorite part of christmas. If I had money I'd love it even more!

7. Collapse Details

Don't get her drugs for her birthday. How un romantic can you get. There's a difference of getting fucked up together for her cumpleanos but that as a present? Wouldn't you want to get her something that every time she sees or uses it she thinks of you?

That's more of a lasting impression than oh me and Billy snorted an 8 ball in his basement

^^what the guy above me said about thoughtfulness is whqt you should consider, you guys can get drugs any time. That's like saying her birthday is just as important as when you blow meth all day

8. Collapse Details

Yo yo, the trick for a really great present is how much money it's the real thought that counts, so sadly it's not an answer you can get from some people on the internet...

Ask her mates what she's into, check out her facebook or blogs of whatever she's got, try and figure out what she really likes, what her style is etc...

My bf's was only last week, we've only been going out about 2months so no idea what to get him, so got him a tshirt of his favourite band, cept it was a very cool artsy version of it and I also got him a good quality sketch pad, he's a brilliant artist but he doesn't draw any more so hopefully it'll encourage him to draw more!

Try to get something that relates to one of her hobbies and interests... Something you would look at and makes you think of her wouldn't be a bad way to judge

9. Collapse Details

dont get her something generic like flowers or chocolate unless youre really strapped for time and have no other options. if you like the girl you must know her a little bit, and even if you have only just met and you have a little crush, just maybe think back to something you laughed about or shared for the first time during your friendship/relationship.

even if its something small - make it personal and it will mean so much more.

if its really small, back it up with a flower or some candy. but include something unique.

10. Collapse Details

don't limit yourself to objects either. maybe there's a really beautiful scenic place or fun place that you can take her to.

11. Collapse Details

There was a girl I liked alot years ago, and for her birthday I got her a lot of shit, can't remember what, like a shirt and some spray shit that was her favorite scent. I don't know, I spent like $100 or more.

But what I DID, is I composed and recorded a punk/metal version of "Happy Birthday" just for her, and played guitar, bass and keyboard on it, with a drum machine. It turned out pretty well, actually. She LOVED it.

She never ended up becoming my gf, but she wrote me letters all the time and we wanted to get together but her 'boyfriend' she was with was an ass but she still stayed with him.

So that's my experience with that shit.

12. Collapse Details

If you know her well enough and want to make a big impression:

Swarovski earrings or necklace or both

If you want to give her something more subtle and she is a creative type:

word poetry fridge magnets
    miniature zen garden for her desk

Write something genuine on a card that shows her the type of person you know her to be and how you remember the impression she has made on your life.

13. Collapse Details

Aaahh...Nothing says 'I think your a godess' like a fridge magnet.

If you can create an event/occasion or experience exclusive to the two of you sharing that moment-it will work in both your favours -hopefully. Depending on what she is into and how much money you want to spend.

*Picnic-well thought out in scenic place with food she likes, nice bottle of Vino.
    *Restauraunt.
    *Concert/Local Music Venue.
    *Trip to a Zoo/Wildlife Park(this mightnt be to everyones taste though lol)

...things of that nature. Just ideas but she mightn't be into those things, so it depends on the person.

If you go to the trouble of finding out what she likes eg Perfume/Music etc it will make a lasting impression.
    Last edited by Asclepius; 12-06-2011 at 07:01.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
    OH duuuude, this is tough. I usually take someone out for dinner/movie/cool date so I don't have the stress of buying a gift. Unless the person is a douche, he/she will be thankful. Maybe buy a small cake and sing her happy birthday.

I like to bake something sometimes for dessert at my apartment after dinner. I honestly think that's the best gift you can give --- I'd rather have a really nice dinner/time out with a friend as a gift than some material object they have to guess at whether I'll like or not. Someone went with me to see Verdi's Requiem when the local philharmonic played it, as well as grabbed some dinner with me and got me a drink at the concert --- that was a better gift than any material object could have been. However, another friend (and BLer!) bought me a Coach wristlet I'm absolutely in love with, but he's got good taste and is very familiar with what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmans_BrothEr View Post
    Don't get her drugs for her birthday. How un romantic can you get.
    I agree, I hate receiving drugs or alcohol as birthday gifts. Get me high and take me out to dinner or something, giving drugs and alcohol are both EXTREMELY unromantic, and this is coming from a chick. Wolfmans_BrothEr is 100% right with this one.

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Take her to a play or the opera, women love that shit.

16. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Public Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by jack-special-k View Post
    I don't want any boring ideas like flowers, and chocolate.
    if you don't want boring ideas then put your thinking cap on and come up with something. nobody here knows anything about her so generic suggestions might be things she doesn't care for...

you obviously like her. do you like her enough to spend 20 minutes thinking about what she's told you or what you guys have talked about and then, from there, coming up with a novel idea on your own and making it happen? if not, maybe you're not as into her as you think you are...

alasdair

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Two dozen roses.

18. Collapse Details

Sex, Love & Relationships
    We do need some more info about her

The best idea is baking her some cookies, or brownies, or a cake, or something like that. Still convincing my bf to work on that! But he does get those for his bday and other events and he doesn't complain

A small gift in addition to homemade baked goods is always nice. You could buy a couple DVDs and invite her to a "move night". A poster is a good addition as well. I wouldn't suggest clothes and girls are often picky about clothes.

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Is this your girlfriend or someone you want to shag?

If she isn't your girlfriend, then keep it low key. No matter what people say here, ALL girls LOVE flowers! And chocolate, too.

If she is your girlfriend, then I recommend diamonds.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    The best gift I've ever received was a trip to the local zoo. It was Valentine's day, and not my birthday. All the animals were in love: the otters swam together, the tamarins groomed each other, and the meerkats watched each other's babies. It was my best gift ever! But I meant what I said about jewelry...

21. Collapse Details

Sex, Love & Relationships
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochron View Post
    Get a popcorn box. Cut a hole on the bottom. Then put your dick in the box. Call her into the room for a movie night. Ask her if she wants popcorn. Then VOILA.
    Lmao. This made me laugh.

Trips are a good gift as well. But don't get like a ticket to an event unless you know her really well and know when she's free and stuff. I got my bf a ticket to a concert for Christmas but it was like four months later. If it was someone I didn't know that well, I wouldn't know if they are busy every Friday night or if they already have tickets or if they have other commitments. So check on that first! It is an awesome idea though if you make sure she is free then!

22. Collapse Details

breakfast in bed
    all girls love jewelry, but only get this if you know her taste in jewelry
    a potted succulent, such as a jade plant
    cook her a romantic dinner with wine and best sexing of her life afterwards

just a few ideas to get ya started

23. Collapse Details

A booklet of fellatio IOU's, non-transferable.

24. Collapse Details

concert tickets
    spa
    gift card to a nice store that has high end make-up
    nice dinner and flowers (that can keep growing)

25. Collapse Details

Pack of Tampons and a big bar of chocolate. Nothing says I love you like tampons and chocolate.

Except maybe.... Tampons covered in chocolate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast