• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol and alcohol

Warm'nFuzzy

Bluelighter
is this combo safe? and i know that no combos are 100% safe but is this one not terribly bad for your health?

im plannin on takin 300mgs tramadol(2nd time ever, first time i did 250) and drinkin a 40oz of OE.

if anyone has done this before could you tell me how it feels also? thanks guys

i had my first (and hopefully last) seizure when i combined tramadol (300mgs) and (1shot)alcohol, and it was possible the scariest moment of my life. while i was seizing, i saw flashing rainbow colors and i had flash backs, almost saw my life take place before my eyes....i had take tramadol before this experience and i was fine, but this was the first time i tried alcohol with it. i do have epileptics in my family so that mighht be why, but i attribute my seizure also to low blood pressure. i have tried tramadol with alcohol 1 other time and i didnt have a problem but that time i only had 50mgs and 1 beer, but i was also on klonopin....be careful!

It feels like an opiate and alcohol, with an SNRI on top of that. What the feels like exactly is an impossible question to answer because everybody experiences drugs differently.

I would be careful with your dosing, read laCster's story for what could happen to you.

If you have even somewhat of opiate experience, 300mg of tramadol isn't going to hurt you by drinking one, and only ONE 40oz. So in the simplest terms, to answer your question directly, yes I believe that will be relatively safe...safe as far as drugs can be anyhow.
Good luck.

Warm - you are unlikely to have a seizure.

However, opiates and alcohol just don't mix.
They do not feel right together, and it should only take you one use to figure this out.

Alcohol works upon the gaba receptors in the brain, opiates have their own sub-class of dopamine receptors.

The FEW times I have tried this combo, I took the opiate first.
Tramadol is a WEAK antagonist of the opiate receptor and it takes a good TWO hours to peak.
Once it does, it lasts MUCH longer than hydrocodone. 100mg Tramadol should keep you buzzed for 4 hours.

I highly recommend waiting for the tramadol to take full effect before drinking ANY alcohol.
Once this happens, you may find that you won't even finish the 40.
Drink it slowly, and I promise you will dislike the combination rather quickly.

It can upset your stomach and give you a very uneasy headache.
If you drink the alcohol slowly, you can stop and back off before its too late.
If you slam the whole damn thing, you will probably throw up.

Alcohol is poison, my friend.
Opiates are NICE and clean - as long as you don't OD or take long-term.

Warm - you are unlikely to have a seizure.

However, opiates and alcohol just don't mix.
They do not feel right together, and it should only take you one use to figure this out.

Alcohol works upon the gaba receptors in the brain, opiates have their own sub-class of dopamine receptors.

The FEW times I have tried this combo, I took the opiate first.
Tramadol is a WEAK antagonist of the opiate receptor and it takes a good TWO hours to peak.
Once it does, it lasts MUCH longer than hydrocodone. 100mg Tramadol should keep you buzzed for 4 hours.

I highly recommend waiting for the tramadol to take full effect before drinking ANY alcohol.
Once this happens, you may find that you won't even finish the 40.
Drink it slowly, and I promise you will dislike the combination rather quickly.

It can upset your stomach and give you a very uneasy headache.
If you drink the alcohol slowly, you can stop and back off before its too late.
If you slam the whole damn thing, you will probably throw up.

Alcohol is poison, my friend.
Opiates are NICE and clean - as long as you don't OD or take long-term.

Opiates are a poison too.

Tramadol can be considered more poisonous than most of them. Just because it is such a dirty drug.

I'd call it the worst overdose situation you could possibly have in most case.

When I took Tramadol, itworked better/longer if I drank

Closest thing to a seizure i ever got was when i'd try to sleep, my legs would twitch but that was only from tramadol and had nothing to do with if I drank or not (and that was taking way more tramadol than being discussed here (eg 600mg every 3-4 hrs; and Icould easily drink a bottle of rum or vodka over the course of a day). Never had any other negative symptoms until I was prescribed a very *low* dose of Zoloft for OCD, and that was the hair that broke the camels back and sent me to the ER (for serotonin syndrome)

I am not suggesting that anyone go and take a massive dose of tramadol and / or mix tramadol and alcohol.... I am only pointing out that a combination one person dislikes, another person may love, or vice versa - just gotta figure it out yourself.

Personally, tramadol does nothing for me but I would not/could not fuck up a perfectly good opiate effect with the likes of an alcohol buzz.