• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Norco mix, beginner, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJinx

Greenlighter
Hello. I'm trying to be safe and was wondering about a mixture I'm thinking of taking tonight. This morning at around 8am I took 2mg of Xanax, then another 1mg at 12pm with 30mg of sudafed and 1000mg if Tylenol. I then took one more 1mg Xanax at 5pm. I was wondering if it is ok to take 10mg of hydrocodone? Right now it is 8pm. I am very tolerant to vicodin and I have been averaging 40-60mg for about a year now, but not so tolerant to Xanax. I have taken Xanax in the past two times, maybe 2mg a day for a week or so but just started up again because vicodin is getting really expensive. I took 4mg of Xanax on Saturday and 5 1/2 yesterday. Sorry for the terrible paragraph structure by my girlfriend is in the room and I'm typing as fast as I can on my phone (I don't want her to know right now)

Thank you ahead of time for the responses!

-John

Last edited:
I'm going to swing this over to Basic Drug Discussion for you where first time dosing and combo questions belong.

OD>>>BDD

No problem.

I'm not that familiar with benzos but if you are relatively sober at the moment and used to 60mg of hydrocodone and are planning on only taking 10 it should be fine. The danger is they will combine as CNS depressants but in these low dosages there shouldn't be a problem.

BTW the only reason to take acetaminophen is for pain. It is not psychoactive. Furthermore if you are consuming large amounts of it per day, even within the Vicoden, you may want to look into CWE (cold water extraction).

Ive taken 10mgs of hydrocodone several times with .5mg of Ativan. Last week, I did that combination 3 times within a 6 hour period & I was rocked. I can usually handle my Norco & Soma mix but Norco with the benzo mix was a different kind of high which I dont really care for.

My memory the next day was shot & I was like a zombie for most of the day so I will be staying away from mixing benzos & opiates in my future. Its Norcos & Somas from here on out for me.

You should definitely be safe taking only 10mgs of vicodin after that many hours but if you care to mix them, its definitely a weird high, at least it was for me.

you should start out taking that much xanax. you should only need .5-2mgs to feel something for the first time with xanax...and do you take 50mgs a month? im confused lol... you should be fine, even if you didnt have a tolerance to either 2mgxanax + 10mg hydro wouldnt kill, maybe pass out but u should be fine...

i say 1mg xanax and 10mg hydrocodone would be good

Youll be fine dude, benzo's are extremely safe drugs and are very hard to overdose on. You probably could not get your hands on enough xanax at one time to even die from it (im talking it takes tens of tens of milligrams, i dont even know if there actually is a lethal dose, youd just pass out and eventually wake up)....i think at least.

Your good to go. You can obviuosly handle the hydros and ur fine typing on the benzos so dont worry

Youll be fine dude, benzo's are extremely safe drugs and are very hard to overdose on. You probably could not get your hands on enough xanax at one time to even die from it (im talking it takes tens of tens of milligrams, i dont even know if there actually is a lethal dose, youd just pass out and eventually wake up)....i think at least.

Your good to go. You can obviuosly handle the hydros and ur fine typing on the benzos so dont worry

Benzos are extremely hard to overdose on but benzos combined with opiates are extremely easy to overdose on. Be careful when giving out information like that.

You should definitely be fine with that dose of hydrocodone though after the xanax.

Thank you for all the replies! I ended up taking 10mg of hydrocodone at around 9pm, 5mg more at about 10:30 and 5mg more at 12 and I was awesome. Thanks again everyone!!

-John

P.S.

I took 1mg Xanax and 10mg hydrocodone this morning together and this is much better than taking 60mg of hydro. It will also save me a ton of money until I decide to
Quit. How long should I wait to take another dose? Or would it be ok and safer to just take 10mg more of norco?

Last edited:
^^ if you usually take 60mgs to get high, how in the world did you feel anything from 10?
the general rule is to cut your DOC dosage in half when combining with other drugs....

so for you it would be 30mgs hydro + .5-1mg xanax

^^ if you usually take 60mgs to get high, how in the world did you feel anything from 10?
the general rule is to cut your DOC dosage in half when combining with other drugs....

so for you it would be 30mgs hydro + .5-1mg xanax

Sorry, I should be a bit more specific, I usually take 20-25 in the morning at around 8am, another 10 at maybe 2-3pm and 10-25 at around 9pm, so the 60 I'm talking about is throughout the day.

20-25mg is usually enough to get me high in the morning

Last edited:
I think it would be wise to just stick to your normal timing of doses, but lower the amount for each dose like you did yesterday. That seems to make the most sense to me.

Gonna close this one up now seeing as it was a specific question to the OP and has been anwered now, JohnnyJinx if you would like me to keep it open then just shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.