• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-bromomethcathinone (Brephedrone)

Well yes I am basing that entirely on theoretical information, so I guess I should have phrased it as "4-bromomethcathinone is suspected to be highly neurotoxic due to its structural similarity to other substances which have proven highly neurotoxic, without evidence suggesting contrary to this you would be best off flushing your brephedrone."
And I doubt it can be done this easily. By this logic there should have been hundreds of deaths by 4-mmc, which is in fact nowhere as bad as 4-ma.

The ketone is pretty popular (and so available) in Poland. People have tried it and report effects of methedrone-like effects mixed with opiate-like effects - stoning serotonin high, euphoria, music appreciation etc.. What you get is a substance you can fell asleep on, in most cases has no comedown and people have reported improved mood thorough the next day, or even more than a day.

I believe that I was sold 4-bromomethcathinone by a popular North American RC vendor. The chemical was sold to me as 4-MMC, and I consumed it believing that it was mephedrone. I had a severe reaction to it and can confirm that the chemical is indeed neurotoxic and dangerous.

I have made a thread in the Dark Side subforum detailing my experience with what I believe to be 4-BMC and the damage that it has done to me. Please avoid this shit at all costs.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/647843-My-Experiences-with-Neurotoxicity

Last edited:
I believe that I was sold 4-bromomethcathinone by a popular North American RC vendor. The chemical was sold to me as 4-MMC, and I consumed it believing that it was mephedrone. I had a severe reaction to it and can confirm that the chemical is indeed neurotoxic and dangerous.

I have made a thread in the Dark Side subforum detailing my experience with what I believe to be 4-BMC and the damage that it has done to me. Please avoid this shit at all costs.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/647843-My-Experiences-with-Neurotoxicity

Very doubtful it was 4-BMC...I've had it several times since I debunked it's toxicity (that some of you numbskulls refuse to read, or are just saving face) it was very similar to how Limitbreaker described. I can't say I fell ASLEEP, but it was more sedating than methylone, for sure. No negative after effects.

Why in the fuck would you buy '4-MMC' from a North American RC vendor these days? 4-MMC has been illegal for a while here now - there's tons of really shitty cathinones going around these days. Honestly, you experience sounds a little like 6-APB...I had a buddy wig out pretty hard after doing that stuff a couple times in the same week.

Hi! Im reposting this post here as well, I dont know if this RC is still around, it shouldnt be, I hope its not...

Hi! I actualy joined this forum just to reply in this thread, cause me to have had similar problems after shooting the RC Brephedrone.

I only used 1 gram, and I know for sure, my problems was a result of using this RC. I injected the substance, missed some, and the day after I had this verry powerfull reaction in my arm. It was like a hard "cake" of concrete. It spooked me, but I was in a hurry leaving for Thailand for vacation. In the beginning I was more upset with my self for just iv`ng a not wellknown substance and the fact that my arm realy looked fucked up. I remember in Thailand, I was embarresed to go out not wering long sleved shirts, but I found out it was ok after half a boutle of thai-whiskey.

Anyway, maybe 2 or 3 weeks in my trip in Thailande, the mark/cake/concrete-shit in my arm reduced it selfe and vanished. Prior to this I had been thinking about goin to a Thai doctor, to get them to "cut it out", or since I didnt find this so appeling, maby even cut it out my selfe, or inject water with saltsolution or whatever to make it better. Anyway I decided to let it be, and go to a doctor as soon as I came home to Sweden instead.

Anyway... in the same timeperiod my "shit in my arm" vanished over a couple of days, I started to have quite scaring experiences. When I woke up in the mornings in my hotelroom, I couldnt stretch my legs out, it was like "hard resistance" or almost like paralized. I could stretch them out, but it was difficult, and EXTREEMELY PAINFULL. It took me a good while to manage to stretch my legs, one at a time, SCREAMING. Afterwards I was "puzzeled" (dont know if I use the correct word here...) and confused about the experience for a while, but I kind of forget about it (I was quite medicated with painkillers, and tranquilisers, sleeping meds, alcohol). This procedure however repeted itself for a few times. Enormous (?) pains in the mornings, just to stetch out my legs, so I could be able to get out of bed.

Even after getting massage on the beach, when they asked me to turn around, I had some of these symptoms. And the Thai girls was almost scared. I was also, somehow, and I was thinking, maby I had come in contact with some kind om yellyfish or something, because I also had this EXTREME PAINS, (this i remember now for the first time, its 15 months ago now about) at the back of my legs. Like burning pain, like "knife-wound-fire", cant explain. But I thought it could come from a yelllyfish-thread. Excuse me for my not so super-english.

I came home to Sweden, and after a while I startde to google different symptoms. The pain, when waking up stretching my legs was gone now, and also this at the back of my legs, this superintence burning, that made my eyes whet, was also gone. But now it was more like I was partly numb, aspecially over my legs, with almost no feeling in them if I pinched myselfe, and a bit "tingeling". Also felt this in hands and feets, but mostly in my biggest muscles in my legs.

I got extremely paranoid after reading about polyneuropathi. It didnt seem like a fun dissease to get. I felt sorry for my family. And I was realy anxious. Some days I couldnt work and so on. Felt so bad. Game over... Well so I went to the hospital, and they took tests, sent me to anonther bigger hospital for specialdoctors and more tests. I told them everything, and they took me verry serious. They also x-rayed my hole body/spine and did strange tests pushchin needles in my body, using heat and cold, and vibrations.

I actually had all the symptoms of polyneuropathy exept I could feel "miniature-vibrations" (they had a special "vibrator" for this test... and no... they used it on my toes!)
This lack of loss of abilety to feel vibrations together with the fact that my symptoms where reducing, instead of increasing, led them to the conculsion, I had not Neuropolypati..

I read a lot about the deseace and I must say, I think I got it, through poisoning by metals or something else neurtoxit when shooting this shitty Brephedrone substance. Anyway, my doctor told me there are many many neurological deseases and sicknesses/problems, and all might not even have a name. She was verry happy for me, not being able to give me the diagnosis, and she told me neurological damage heals, but it takes verry verry long time.

Now about 15 or 16 months after injekting this fxxxxd-up superdangerous shit, I still have some symptoms, but now its more like I have to think about them to feel them, to be aware about them. For the first say 6-8 months, they had my attension the hole time, it was impossible to ignore, it was tingeling sensations, it was reduced feeling, it was hightened feeling, I couldnt tell the difference between hot and cold, and it was so annoying and scaring.

So I feel good now. Actualy been 100% sober since this.. but latley, I noticed me, trying to convince me, its time for a rush of some kind, thinking 4-fma or 3-mmc.. I hope you dont feel Im totaly stupid, because Im not, but sometimes with drugs, my judgement is not so good... And whatever, you can think what you want. But be careful when taking new substances. This Brephedrone was at the time not verry well known, it was new, even for being a rc drug. This was so stupid to iv. So stupid. I hope I never do this again.

Take care

.I've had it several times since I debunked it's toxicity (that some of you numbskulls refuse to read, or are just saving face)
I've read it, there's nothing there that convinces me that this stuff is safe to take, and I'm sure it's a shitty short-lived stim at any rate. Do what you want, but the risks are in no way worth the gain for me.

Excellent "RC" - mentally creates a sense of ..sparkly peace --

It´s absolutely safe..

All the "RC" are thoroughly tested and is not toxic.. The whole thread is formed fabrications ....... A great pity for 4-BMC for all of you

Cathinone isn´t amphetamine

Last edited:
I've read the reports here about neurotoxicity and I've read conflicting ones at a couple of other sites,one of them a Polish one for those who know. I got this as a sample from 2 different vendors so I decided I'd give it a try and report what I had found. They were tanish colored shards with no odor that were easily water soluble. I allergy tested orally at a low dose then insufflated around 50-75mg a couple of days later. It burned a bit but not that bad and I got a definite stimmy rush with a touch of an empathogenic quality too it. I tried it this way several times and experienced zero reactions mentally or physically. No hangover the next day either.
The next time I tried around 100mg rectally and got much more pronounced effects with the emphasis equally on the stim and empathogen side. No ill effects whatsoever. Pretty enjoyable actually, and definitely close to 4-MMC and other of the more enjoyable cathinones.
Next I IV'ed around 75-100mg. and was very impressed. Reminded me alot of 4-MMC with this ROA.
As far as neurotoxicity I can't say but I didn't feel any worse for the wear and I found it to be one of the better of these types of compounds on the market.
Just my two cents.

I can't argue with that and I never stated other wise, all I can do is comment on what I experienced. I wasn't trying to endorse it but I wouldn't try to dissuade either. That's not my job. I'll leave that one to the "professionals". lol

Excellent "RC" - mentally creates a sense of ..sparkly peace --

It´s absolutely safe..

All the "RC" are thoroughly tested and is not toxic.. The whole thread is formed fabrications ....... A great pity for 4-BMC for all of you

Cathinone isn´t amphetamine
Ok mods, please ban this fucktard. Then again, he won't use that account for another post, so maybe even delete the post since it's obvious vendor advertisement. google translate wins.

Ok mods, please ban this fucktard. Then again, he won't use that account for another post, so maybe even delete the post since it's obvious vendor advertisement. google translate wins.

You mean most exhortations to safety and quality and purity of RCs are disingenuous with a few exceptions (danger wise).

It seemed like the vendors were staying away from this, probably because of this thread but it seems to have popped up amongst them within a week or two of each other which is an obvious indication of something though I will say the two samples were on the opposite ends of the spectrum appearance wise but not in effect. I don't want to cross the line into vendor land so I won't say more other than it's definitely being offered as 'samples'.

I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to my experimentation but I am pretty much in tune as to how things affect me, good bad or otherwise but I only know what I know and I feel it's important to share here.

So yes, it DID make me feel good and was one of the better contenders but I don't know shit about brain chemistry, neurotoxicity or anything beyond trying a compound and relating how it made me feel.

It's being endorsed in other places who say the folks over here are over-cautious but I could be reading things wrong since Google translator hasn't brushed up lately on its grasp of the Polish language.

There's a reason this one has been popping up on a lot of menus and is being shared so freely to willing guinea pigs(ahem drug pigs)such as myself so I hope no one follows me into the abyss of the unknown without doing their homework first.

There's a lot of big words thrown around but they're big for a reason and that's because they're important.

Would I try it again? Probably, but I'll probably text while driving again soon too and that's just as stupid. I know what I like and I know what I don't and those things probably won't sit well with others.

So with that said this aphp has me rambling and I'm still foggy from the 3-MeO-PCP last night so I'm gonna go take some Adderall and watch TV. Have a good day!

Would I try it again? Probably, but I'll probably text while driving again soon too and that's just as stupid. I know what I like and I know what I don't and those things probably won't sit well with others.

So with that said this aphp has me rambling and I'm still foggy from the 3-MeO-PCP last night so I'm gonna go take some Adderall and watch TV. Have a good day!

You should really have a better understanding of what fairly powerful drugs you use. The idea is that substituted-amphetamines the 4 position seems to permanently destroy the ability to regenerate serotonin except for the 4-fluro substitution which may travel down a different pathway. Meaning after 48hrs of use the brain had the inability to replenish serotonin, one of the major neurotransmitters.

This study was for substituted amphetamines, you're taking the equivalent only with a core of cathinone instead of amphetamine (both psychostimulants in their own right, and built on the structure of phenethylamine (Phenyl-Ethyl-Amine)

"The effect of 4-bromoamphetamine, like that of 4-chloroamphetamine, could be reversed by subsequent injection of the uptake inhibitor after short periods but not after 24–48 hr. The failure of 4-fluoroamphetamine to produce a long-lasting depletion of brain serotonin like that produced by 4-chloroamphetamine or 4-bromoamphetamine may reflect the inability of the fluoro-compound to be metabolized in the same way as the other haloamphetamines."

If the amphetamine is neurotoxic, there is no reason to believe that the substituted cathinone is not neurotoxic as well.

I imagine that it would feel like a stimulant crash that never ends, or at least persists for a few years - major depression.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info lolwhatzdrugs it's definitely something to keep in consideration. And I want to keep it clear-I'm in no way being reckless or endorsing "fuck all" behavior like Dave does. Just relating my experience! Have a great day....

Thanks for the info lolwhatzdrugs it's definitely something to keep in consideration. And I want to keep it clear-I'm in no way being reckless or endorsing "fuck all" behavior like Dave does. Just relating my experience! Have a great day....

Taking RC type drugs is essentially controlled recklessness, a bioassay done in the safest possible fashion (like Shulgin, the guy created most of the synthetic hallucinogens and managed not to destroy his brain completely. I mean the guy does have mild dementia but he's 88 years old, goes to show he new pretty damn well what he was doing.

Last edited:
Can you provide relevant research demonstrating such?

ebola
Sorry about my unsubstantiated claims and the way I approached this valued user and contributor to harm reduction.^^ Your approach is definitely more appropriate. Maybe *we* should still edit such posts for potential readers. You know how it is, people lurk, they don't read whole threads, words get stuck in their mind.

It's just wrong having an unresearched chemical like this advertised as "absolutely safe", I hope that sooner or later we won't be able to see that post in it's current form anymore. Maybe he should be messaged so he gets a chance to do it himself or defend what he is saying. Maybe he has done years of clinical research with 4-bromomethcathinone...
I don't look at this as censorship and think the bluelight staff will do the right thing as they always have. Whether this is pure trolling, hidden advertisement for the substance or neither of those two things, it still poses a danger.

Last edited: