• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you donate plasma the same day you slammmed meth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachAttack!

Greenlighter
AFOM wanted me to see if i could find an answer to his/her question online, since he/she doesnt have internet. Wants to know if his/her blood sample would detect meth use prior to donation of plasma? and will they still take the plasma? if not, then how long is the wait for it to not show up in a blood test?

Probably not the best idea, even if you could do it, think about the patient that would be receiving the plasma.

This is taken from the UK guidelines on Eligibility and Health regarding donating plasma, I'm pretty sure it would be same over there.

www.donatingplasma.org said:
Donor Health

It’s important that donors follow a diet that meets the recommended daily requirements for protein, typically between 50 to 80 grams daily for an adult.. Proteins include foods such as cheese, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts and beans. A donor's protein level will be tested each time he or she presents to donate, and if the results are out of the acceptable range, the donor will not be permitted to donate plasma that day.

Donors should also eat foods rich in iron such as tuna, eggs, nuts, beans and lean red meat to help ensure that iron levels are sufficient to donate. Each time a donor presents to donate plasma, the hematocrit level is tested. Hematocrit is the percentage of blood occupied by red blood cells.

Donor should always remember to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water or juice the day prior to and the day of donation, avoid alcohol and caffeine and get plenty of sleep.

Before donating, inform center personnel if you’ve:

* Recently had major surgery
* Obtained a tattoo, touch-up or piercing within the last 12 months
* Are taking any medication or are under a doctor’s care for any medical condition

ty sir 4 da quick reply/ansr.
i was doin a bit of research myself&ur right, its pretty much the same guidelines ovr here

Around here they only test for opiates, Ive been told at my local plasma places that opiates are the problem when it comes to plasma, its just in real bad taste tho.

I would advise against it. Who ever it is if they have been injecting long probably has Hep C. They will test for it and if they are positive they will be black balled from donating plasma. Although then again it might not be a bad idea because if they are positive then at least they'll know.

Around here, plasma places don't test for drug use, even in the intake, but the first reply was dead-on...think about the person that it would be going to. Assuming the meth didn't break down over time, they probably wouldn't want to be inadvertently high or fail a drug test of their own. Also, it would probably mess with your blood pressure and you might not be eligible to donate that day anyway.

When u slam meth, it is out of ur system with 3days(72hrs). Wen drinkin lots of good fluid(ie cranberry juice, water, gatorade, etc) it can leave ur system ne where btween 1-2days(24-42hrs)

when my school had a blood drive i actually asked someone what would happen if drugs were present. the answer i got was theyll throw it away and youll get a letter from them saying your blood wasnt used because it contained chemicals in it. you probably wont get in trouble for it if youre worried about that. they will test it, and if its dirty they dont use it so you shouldnt have to worry about someone getting it without knowing.

I think it also depends weather you are donating or selling your plasma.

A lot of people who “donate” their plasma are really selling it to a company who then in turn sell it to other companies for research and pharmaceutical manufacture.

I am not sure but I think the places that buy plasma do not test as rigorously as the plasma will never be going directly into a human body.

In most developed nations not being an injecting drug user is a solid requirement for being permitted to donate your plasma. As obviously they dont want injecting drug users because of the risk of blood-born deseases like hep c and shit.

Despite being immoral in my opinion, it's against the law to lie about this kind of thing when it got to do with someone taking your blood.

I think we have answered this question to death, the general agreement is that NO you cannot or should not donate plasma the day after you have slammed anything.

Gonna close it now as I don't think there is anything more we can really add to the discussion.

If anyone wants me to reopen it and has a good reason then just shoot me a PM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.