Bluelight

Thread: Nausea for days after MDMA use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nausea for days after MDMA use 
    Just a quick one to ask if anyone else experiences this? Can't find to much info on interwebs about it. Obviously I know comedowns are all part of the fun, but usually day 2-3 post ecstasy use I feel quite sick and at points feel like I need to puke.

This is a fairly recent phenomenon that has only just occurred after well over a decade of use. I've been drinking plenty of water and eaten well. Does anyone have any info on what causes it, how it could be prevented etc?

cheers

Mutt

2. Collapse Details

Psychological? About 4 or 5 years into my bean use I had to seriously think hard about overcoming a gag reflex every time I tried to swallow a pill, to the point that touching one then just looking at one would make me gag like a fanny.

Eventually I knocked them on the head for a bit and now it doesn't even bother me.
    Last edited by acidliam; 06-06-2011 at 16:08. Reason: typological

3. Collapse Details

Nope, defo not psychological. Its not anything to do with my gag reflex, it feels very much like motion sickness

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by acidliam View Post
    Psychological? About 4 or 5 years into my bean use I had to seriously think hard about overcoming a gag reflex every time I tried to swallow a pill, to the point that touching one then just looking at one would make me gag like a fanny.

Eventually I knocked them on the head for a bit and now it doesn't even bother me.
    I use to have this and a brake fixed it.

Going to the OP post - i had the same issue after my last mdma session. Felt fine the day after, but that evening had a meal and a few beers then next day i was sick in the morning. Felt very dizzy and sweaty - not sure if it's due to the lack of serotonin but i've never had dizzy spells before

5. Collapse Details

i used to get dizzy spells during MDMA abuse. May as well take a break, something obviously is not right.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Be careful. Im not sure how many pills or MDMA your are taking, or how regular you are doing so, but in the past, I have friends who were caning it regular and they was told by there GP's if they continued in such a fashion that stomach ulcers could be next on the cards. I no they would taste bile in there mouths from time to time, also obviously get sick at the weekends quite frequently, probally due to taking to large quanitities and hammering it weekend after weekend.

There is a definite link between MD and stomache without a doubt.

7. Collapse Details

Wouldn't say i went OTT, but in the past, when i have really smashed it, its been much worse. I only did around 350mg which i pretty much limit myself to these days otherwise i can't function for the following week.

Back in the day i used to do loads of MD, but i would say that i've only taken it around 6 - 7 times this year. I also get constant burping. Its subsided a bit now, but every couple of hours i get that watery taste in my mouth and more or less have to think my way out of not throwing up.

8. Collapse Details

The Polo Lounge of the Beverly Hills Hotel on Sunset Boulevard.
    stomache?

9. Collapse Details

do you mean stomach ache? If so, no.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post
    Wouldn't say i went OTT, but in the past, when i have really smashed it, its been much worse. I only did around 350mg which i pretty much limit myself to these days otherwise i can't function for the following week.

Back in the day i used to do loads of MD, but i would say that i've only taken it around 6 - 7 times this year. I also get constant burping. Its subsided a bit now, but every couple of hours i get that watery taste in my mouth and more or less have to think my way out of not throwing up.
    If your getting that watery taste in your mouth then thats definitley bile, stomach related. Doesnt sound like youve been taking it to extremes, but neverless, it sounds like a rest would be good.

Maybe go and see your GP if your concerned, and try not to have anything to acidic like fruit juice etc, you may find that will help.

11. Collapse Details

the thing is, i don't have any heart burn, although, in the past excessive drug taking has caused bad heart burn. I'm defo all up for giving it a rest as drugs aren't a massive part of my life anymore (reality is the new unreality maaaan). Its just annoying as really could do without the urge to yak my guts up.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dee_dee View Post
    If your getting that watery taste in your mouth then thats definitley bile
    No it fucking isn't! Bile tastes absolutely disgusting, and feels like it's eroding your teeth. It will burn the fuck out of your throat. It's also a bright yellow/green colour. If you have a watery mouth, it just means that you are going to be sick.

I don't have any suggestions, but, like acidliam said, after heavy abuse, I used to gag every time I even looked at a pill - and used to throw them up immediately. I know that's not what you're experiencing, but a break sorted that out, for me, too. It's crazy how much your body will try and reject something that you have hammered.

13. Collapse Details

I get that too- i put it down to the high adrenaline levels in your blood that take ages to dissipate. Im told if you do some kind of flight or fight excercise it sppeds up the removal of these chemicals from the blood but I've never tried it because ususally thats the last thing I feel like doing.
    Also food, i never eat before or after, again I put that down to adrenaline but can never force myself to eat enough. Maybe drinking more water would help get over the effects quicker.

14. Collapse Details

cheers for all the replies, it certainly is a weird one. Its quite annoying as MDMA will always have a place in my heart and the after effects are getting in the way of said love!

15. Collapse Details

I have started throwing up every weekend without fail when proper bashing it, and this is coming from a mash'ead that didn't throw up once inbetween the age of 13 and 18 even though I sessioned hard.

I do think its a case of your body saying "Dude... seriously... again?!"

16. Collapse Details

I get this after heavy usage -- basically lack of serotonin in your brain causes dizziness and motion sickness, nausea manifests itself as a symptom i.e. if you lie down and close your eyes the nausea vanishes. You just need to let your brain juice recover nothing to worry about.

17. Collapse Details

The only other reason I can think of is that you are unusually sensitive to Dopamine-related nausea.
    Are there any other substances that act as Dopamine agonists that make you this nauseous?
    I don't get why it should last as long as it is doing though.

18. Collapse Details

I too have extreme nausea after getting on it. Regardless of how many I do, I still feel exactly the same the next day. I feel like throwing up, just like the feeling you get when you've had too many beers. Combined with the frequent sweats, it's making comedowns unbearable. This is only a recent phenomena for me and has started occurring after a long break. It seems like their are only a few people who suffer from these effects and people who haven't suffered it are making inaccurate comparisons. I question the new pills available."Old school" beans never did this and in many respects I think the good effects are noticeably different. It's really irritating as I'm not a massive drinker and used to be nearly back to 100% after a good sleep.

19. Collapse Details

Nope, defo not psychological. Its not anything to do with my gag reflex, it feels very much like motion sickness
    I get this aswell and the way you describe it with motion sickness seems spot on. I sometimes get a funny taste in my mouth with the nausea but the taste is not strong enough to really describe it. Hard to explain it really. I only started getting this over the last six months and have been doing mdma for years.

20. Collapse Details

I think I'm gonna give it a rest for a while and try some new stuff in 6 months or so. I'm adamant its the "new MD" in current beans and crystals available. With regards to the watery mouth, it's similar to when you're about to throw up after too much to drink and your mouth fills with a watery saliva.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xtcnation View Post
    I get this aswell and the way you describe it with motion sickness seems spot on. I sometimes get a funny taste in my mouth with the nausea but the taste is not strong enough to really describe it. Hard to explain it really. I only started getting this over the last six months and have been doing mdma for years.
    Yep, exactly how i feel. Have you had any insight into why this is? I'd love more information, but can't find anything on interwebs

22. Collapse Details

Where you drinking too? Because drinking too much can put me off my food for days.

23. Collapse Details

I feel your pain

When ever i take a decent dose (150 mg and up) the next 3-4 days i feel like i am on a continual hangover. And it has nothing to do with feeling "down" it really just feels like I'm drinking a pint of vodka every day. it eventually goes away but it still sucks.

24. Collapse Details

Yep, exactly how i feel. Have you had any insight into why this is? I'd love more information, but can't find anything on interwebs
    Might you just be feeling your age muttonchops? - no offence meant, but I feel sometimes after decades of use of "whatever" your body rebels and gets tired of all the extra work you put it through. It's like it has its voice and wants to be listened too.

Hopefully this post does not offend you.

25. Collapse Details

Happened to me as well when I used to bash it every weekend, I always thought it was my liver, then I started taking milk thistle before and after my doses and the nausea and inability to keep food down for days, went away. Are you drinking a lot with it as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast