• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hepatitis Scare / Symptoms

xxkmanxx

Bluelighter
I recently had a hepatitis scare. A few weeks ago I was doing dope with a friend he might of used the same cooker or cotton to set up my needle. I know he has Hepatitis, hes a good friend of mine, he wouldn't try to infect me on purpose, but he was really high. I just got a blood test at the needle exchange Thursday, results should be ready in a few weeks. Would everything show up on this blood test if this just happened like 1 or 2 weeks ago? Are there any early symptoms for hepatitis? I recently got some marks on my wrist, I don't know if that has anything to do with hepatitis or anything but ill post them. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. I appreciate all the info. Thanks

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 295
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 241
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 273
The marks on your wrist are not symptoms of hepatitis.

Though you did not specify Hep C specifically, I assumed it. Here's some info from the Center for Disease Control website for you:

What are the symptoms of acute Hepatitis C?

Approximately 70%–80% of people with acute Hepatitis C do not have any symptoms. Some people, however, can have mild to severe symptoms soon after being infected, including

•Fever
•Fatigue
•Loss of appetite
•Nausea
•Vomiting
•Abdominal pain
•Dark urine
•Clay-colored bowel movements
•Joint pain
•Jaundice (yellow color in the skin or eyes)

How soon after exposure to Hepatitis C do symptoms appear?

If symptoms occur, the average time is 6–7 weeks after exposure, but this can range from 2 weeks to 6 months. However, many people infected with the Hepatitis C virus do not develop symptoms.

What this guy said^. I had Hep c and had to go through a year of interferon ribovirain therapy to get rid of it. I have heard some where that if you watch ten people that all start IV drug use at the same time and follow them for one year nine of them will have contracted the disease.

Only sort of relevant but im just throwing this one out there.
I dont IV anything but i heard, if you snort sharing a straw with someone who has it, you can get it like this?

Would someone please clear this up for me

Only sort of relevant but im just throwing this one out there.
I dont IV anything but i heard, if you snort sharing a straw with someone who has it, you can get it like this?

Would someone please clear this up for me

Yes, hepatitis is transmitted in bodily fluids. That includes saliva, semen, piss, shit and especially, blood. Therefore, never share your kit with anyone. This includes mirrors, blades, tubes, banknotes, spoons, rigs the fucking lot. Basically anything that comes into contact with your body is a risk. Also, don't forget that it's a virus so if you're digging even micron filters won't help you.

Yes, hepatitis is transmitted in bodily fluids. That includes saliva, semen, piss, shit and especially, blood. Therefore, never share your kit with anyone. This includes mirrors, blades, tubes, banknotes, spoons, rigs the fucking lot. Basically anything that comes into contact with your body is a risk. Also, don't forget that it's a virus so if you're digging even micron filters won't help you.

Hepatitis C is only found in blood. It is not present in other body fluids in high enough levels to be infectious. Hepatitis B is present in other body fluids like semen, but not in high concentrations in saliva. Hepatitis A is only found in shit.

is it true (as far as you know) that if there is an amount of blood on your rig and it gets cooked and re-introduced to the bloodstream that it may cause hepatitis?
or has anybody heard of this?
i have been tested for hepatitis and if i'm not mistaken, am supposed to be rechecked every six months?

You can't catch hep C from yourself. It doesn't spontaneously arise. You catch hep c by coming into contact with blood of someone who is infected.

Hepatitis C is only found in blood. It is not present in other body fluids in high enough levels to be infectious. Hepatitis B is present in other body fluids like semen, but not in high concentrations in saliva. Hepatitis A is only found in shit.

Quite right, but no-one specified Hep C. I've had hep B from IV'ing and it's no walk in the park I can tell you. I had all the symptoms that someone listed above for 2 full weeks, but I'd had twinges in my liver for about 6 weeks previous - very weird feeling. Had to stay away from booze for 6 months :( However, there was a silver lining, it cured my IV speed habit.... =D