Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ritalin for study + exams

dizzhy

Greenlighter
Ok, so i take 5mg ritalin with food for study.
but im running low on supplys

so could i take 2.5mg ritalin on an empty stomach?

Also i heard if u study on ritalin you have to sit the exam on ritalin to? is this true?

Sorry about the bad English just rushing along, I have to get back to studying!

Also i heard if u study on ritalin you have to sit the exam on ritalin to? is this true?

I'm guessing you're referring to state-dependent memory? If so, I think it's only a theory and hasn't been proved in humans. I know several people who used to use dexamp or modafinil to study and we didn't find this to be the case. I did, however, find that it was a much more efficient use of the time to use study drugs for finishing essays/projects or making notes rather than actually trying to learn things :)

I get too distracted on stims while trying to study... But thats me. But with empty stomach just change to faster absorption compared to whilst on food. Wouldnt make stronger dose, plus residusal tollerance probs makes it not as effective?

Ok so with ritalin their is 2 sides A then a cut line then B

Is part A ritalin then part B caffeine or somthing?

Because me and a friend shared a study pill I had part A and he had B (10mg pill)

I went hypo into a study whilst he went into a slump

Any ideas?

theres no caffeine in ritalin...

different people's biochemistry just react differently to substances, maybe he had a tolerance or something and so it wasnt hitting him

no, there shouldn't be caffeine in the pills unless otherwise stated somewhere on the box. the drug is proportionately spread throughout the pill as evenly as possibly can be done with the pill press used at the pharmalab.

half a pill is half of the dose.

He had one about 4 days earlier, which hit him quite well. Also he had 5mg the other time.

Could he of developed the tolerance from that 1 dose? Also with a 4 day break.

well if you split the pill then he only had 2.5mg which is half of what he had last time

and he probably wouldnt have any tolerance then

I find studying/doing an exam on ritalin incredibly successful. I take much higher doses than that though, up to 20-30mg depending on how important the exam is, lol. The only downside is if you finish the exam to early it's hell waiting for the time to go by. You just wanna dance. ;)

^ Break it into quarters then.

But thats me. But with empty stomach just change to faster absorption compared to whilst on food. Wouldnt make stronger dose, plus residusal tollerance probs makes it not as effective?

Eating a dose after food can sometimes lead to a lower peak plasma concentration then if taken on an empty stomach. Some substances may have a higher plasma concentration if taken after high fat meals (e.g. oxycodone), but they then have a slower onset time as you said.

As for the tolerance question, if you are taking breaks that are at least a few days as it seems you are doing, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing you're referring to state-dependent memory? If so, I think it's only a theory and hasn't been proved in humans. I know several people who used to use dexamp or modafinil to study and we didn't find this to be the case. I did, however, find that it was a much more efficient use of the time to use study drugs for finishing essays/projects or making notes rather than actually trying to learn things :)

Got to agree with this. I found ritalin/amphetamines, much better for when you had to finish an essay that has been left far too late, or for making notes on some very boring subject material (statistics springs to mind). In terms of studying regularly with them, and learning lots of new information. You might just have to do it the old fashioned way. Make a strong coffee, crack the books open and just study long and hard.

Out of interest, are you doing uni or Year 12?

Does 5mg even do anything for u? The first time I had 30mg I bearly felt it.

^ Break it into quarters then.

Eating a dose after food can sometimes lead to a lower peak plasma concentration then if taken on an empty stomach. Some substances may have a higher plasma concentration if taken after high fat meals (e.g. oxycodone), but they then have a slower onset time as you said.

As for the tolerance question, if you are taking breaks that are at least a few days as it seems you are doing, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think a quarter (2.5mg) would do anything to increase performance with or without tolerance... Im on 30mg per day of Dexeamphetamine, and if im studying my cunt out all day (like i am this week as i got exams as well :| ) i have to re dose 5-10mg every 4 or 5 hours to maintain focus. I tried out Ritalin AB tablets... and found them pretty average, i couldn't even notice 10mg (one tablet), and i don't think id have any tolerance to them. 40mg worked nicely tho :) but it feels a fair bit 'gutless' than regular dex.

Completely different chemicals though... and they both work on the brain differently. I wouldn't have thought there would be. Need a Google wizard.

I don't think a quarter (2.5mg) would do anything to increase performance with or without tolerance... Im on 30mg per day of Dexeamphetamine, and if im studying my cunt out all day (like i am this week as i got exams as well ) i have to re dose 5-10mg every 4 or 5 hours to maintain focus. I tried out Ritalin AB tablets... and found them pretty average, i couldn't even notice 10mg (one tablet), and i don't think id have any tolerance to them. 40mg worked nicely tho but it feels a fair bit 'gutless' than regular dex.

He was saying that he couldn't break them in half to 2.5mg because they are 10mg pills; I suggested then breaking them into quarters.

It was the guy that he was replying to that suggested using that low dose.

Completely different chemicals though... and they both work on the brain differently. I wouldn't have thought there would be. Need a Google wizard.

I can't be bothered googling, but as both of them act on dopamine (one by inhibiting re-uptake, another by releasing) as well as NE, I imagine there is going to be some cross-tolerance involved.