• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyPhatSax

Bluelighter
Sometimes I get ahold of some 10 mg. opana er's. I take them orally ( I know, many of you will be mad at me because I am wasting them), but they work quite well to get rid of my back pain. Anyway, if I cut one in half and just take a half, does it do anything to the time release? Or is it pretty much like taking a 5 mg. er at that point?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

it will be extremely similar to 5mg er. changes in surface area may have an impact for a moment, but the pill gels on contact with your stomach acid. the oxy is in this gel, and your stomach slowly breaks the gel down and gets to the oxy.

though i am speaking in theory, not from experience. i have never swallowed a cut in half opana. in fact, i have never swallowed opana. so hopefully someone who has actually tried dividing and swallowing a piece of opana ER can post and confirm what i strongly suspect.

are you trying to defeat the time release?

According to my pain doctor, the time-release matrix is totally useless when cutting an Opana ER pill in half. Also if you have ever dissected an Opana ER, the time-release coating appears to be layered horizontally, not vertically.

Contrary to what many people seem to think, Opana's time-release system is extremely easy to bypass. Unlike that of Exalgo's....now those are a bitch.

While it may be easy to break I don't think cutting it in half would break the time release because that would mean that the coating was the time release, which its not. I've only had the IR & intravenous solution (Numorphan) so I can't be positive.

While it may be easy to break I don't think cutting it in half would break the time release because that would mean that the coating was the time release, which its not. I've only had the IR & intravenous solution (Numorphan) so I can't be positive.

The coating is coating the time release mechanism. The coating is layered horizontally. I have dissected Opana ER and abused it in every way, sans IV. I have orally ingested chunks, halves...Cutting it in half absolutely breaks the time release.

The only reason I asked my doc was when I first started taking it, I felt nauseated. He also confirmed that the matrix will be broken and useless if cut. I have since found out on my own. :)

Ugh ER's, such a pain in the ass. Pink Endo 10mg Opana IR's <3

Why are they a pain in the ass when all you have to do is cut it in half? Or do you snort your oxymorphone? My experience lies with the IR & solution so don't really know how hard it is to snort them.

After snorting the IR's I lost all interest in even wanting to try the Opana ER's assuming that they could only be taken orally. But yeah man, my expirience only lies in the IR's for now

If anyone is using the logic that they can cut or break apart an Opana ER and not worry about destroying the time-release mechanism simply bc they "gel up", you are sorely mistaken.

I suggest you do some research about the Timerx-N Delivery System.

If anyone is using the logic that they can cut or break apart an Opana ER and not worry about destroying the time-release mechanism simply bc they "gel up", you are sorely mistaken.

I suggest you do some research about the Timerx-N Delivery System.

No, they gel up when you try to abuse them (insufflate/IV). I know that for a fact. I can't comment upon breaking the time release by simply crushing them.

When Endo Pharmaceuticals decided to re-introduce oxymorphone to the market as Opana ER (Extended Release)®, they employed TIMERx®, a drug delivery system created by Penwest. TIMERx tablets contain xanthan and locust bean gum. When swallowed, these components become a tight, thick gel which slowly releases oxymorphone into the patient's system. This allows for steady, gradual dosing.
^the source the user is quoting is in the thread. it is not a scientific one.

i also found several other threads on here, opiophile, etc. that say even crushing and swallowing wont completely defeat the time release.

^the source the user is quoting is in the thread. it is not a scientific one.

i also found several other threads on here, opiophile, etc. that say even crushing and swallowing wont completely defeat the time release.

I go onto opiophile from time to time also. I always thought you couldn't break the time release by simply crushing them but Scared Straight says you can so I dunno.

i am pretty sure you can't completely defeat the time release by crushing. shit, even xanax xr is trickier than that.

but the question is will it remain practically intact if just cut in half. if OP is trying to defeat the time release, this thread is pointless. if he is trying to take 5mg and have it be ER, then it's not pointless. it would be nice if he would post and clarify.

let's not keep bumping with the same info though.

Sorry for the delayed reply, busy busy ya know.

But yes, I want to know If I take a 10 mg. Opana er and cut it in half, will I then be essentially ingesting a 5 mg. Opana er.

My opiate tolerance isn't much, I can usually take 15 mg. Hydro and feel good, but I usually just take my meds for pain purposes only. So when I get a hold of the opana's I basically want to know if I can stretch the few I have out longer.

I know taken orally they suck, but I dont want to unintentionally break the time release by cutting in half and then get sick or some shit.

Hope that helps clarify.

alright. here is the thing. conversion charts say 5mg of oral oxymorphone is equal to about 15mg hydrocodone. so according to those numbers, you would be safe in just taking the half the pill and finding out for yourself. even if it instantly released, it would be about equal to 15mg of hydrocodone--according to charts.

so in theory, you could just take half and find out yourself. though i am suggesting this, as i am sure it is contradictory to your doctor's instructions.

Sorry for the delayed reply, busy busy ya know.

But yes, I want to know If I take a 10 mg. Opana er and cut it in half, will I then be essentially ingesting a 5 mg. Opana er.

My opiate tolerance isn't much, I can usually take 15 mg. Hydro and feel good, but I usually just take my meds for pain purposes only. So when I get a hold of the opana's I basically want to know if I can stretch the few I have out longer.

I know taken orally they suck, but I dont want to unintentionally break the time release by cutting in half and then get sick or some shit.

Hope that helps clarify.

Hi,

If you cut the ER in half, it will not be ER, or even close to ER. There are a lot of misconceptions about these bc of the fact that they gel when you try to shoot or snort. People who abuse drugs prefer these methods so Opana ER has gotten a bad reputation. I have had an rx for the 30s (60mg/day) for several years. I have had a lot of time to experiment with these.

Actually, if you buy a pill crusher at CVS and mix a small amount in water, you can plug (rectal) these with a much higher bioavailability than snorting or taking orally. IV has the highest bio, then plugging, snorting, oral....

You won't mind the gel then bc it won't run out your ass. :eek: You will be able to make your pills last longer that way.

Actually, if you buy a pill crusher at CVS and mix a small amount in water, you can plug (rectal) these with a much higher bioavailability than snorting or taking orally. IV has the highest bio, then plugging, snorting, oral....
Ok, that's the third time I see you claiming that rectal oxymorphone has higher bioavailability than intranasal. Is this a scientific fact, is it your personal opinion, or just wishful thinking?

From my experience with oxymorphone, I would say rectal bioavailability is in the same range as oral. Intranasal BA is very much higher. I don't have the exact figures on BA by different ROAs, I'm not even sure if they're available. So I speak only for myself when I say that 3-5 mg snorted equals 20 mg plugged. Anyone who has experience with oxymorphone feel free to chime in.

I fully agree with you regarding the dangers of snorting Opana ERs, but that's a different matter.

Ok, that's the third time I see you claiming that rectal oxymorphone has higher bioavailability than intranasal. Is this a scientific fact, is it your personal opinion, or just wishful thinking?

From my experience with oxymorphone, I would say rectal bioavailability is in the same range as oral. Intranasal BA is very much higher. I don't have the exact figures on BA by different ROAs, I'm not even sure if they're available. So I speak only for myself when I say that 3-5 mg snorted equals 20 mg plugged. Anyone who has experience with oxymorphone feel free to chime in.

I fully agree with you regarding the dangers of snorting Opana ERs, but that's a different matter.

It's definitely not wishful thinking. I am 99% sure I pulled it from PubMed and once my husband gets home, I can get full access and find it. I had to hunt to find it to begin with....it's not easy to find information. It ranged btw a bioavailability of 58%-66%. I think it was closer to 66%. I'll find it and put a rest to your doubt. It may take a day for me to get it but who's going anywhere, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.