• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Raw Heroin) - First time - "No greater feeling. Ever"

I've never really done opiates (or what I think are opiates: heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc) so can you tell me anything more about the specific feelings you got from this? What about it made you feel incredible? It's okay if it's beyond explanation, but if you can share anymore details, I'd love to hear. And thanks for sharing what you have already!!

You've never done opiates.... SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A PILL
No but for real opiates are my favorite drug. Ive never done H and never intend to (i HATE needles) but ive done Oxy, hydro, and morphine. Hard to describe the high. You nod a lot and its like all your aches and pains go away. Euphria, warm and fuzzy inside. Shit like that. Its great you got to try it. I just started taking opiates last month. Im allergic to benzos i used to love xanax

I know I am much too late for this post, but I wanted to say something anyways. As I have been an opiate addict for almost 10 years now. In fact, I just went through physical wd's last week and am feeling the after effects and PAWS(post acute withdrawal syndrome). I am no expert on how the brain exactly works with this stuff. However, when most are going through wd, they are extremely horny. Extremely. During your addiction/using, you are using so much and stimulating all your opiate receptors to give you that awesome feeling. So most ( I would think all) dont want sex at all or just not as much because of course this does depend on what your using, how long, and tolerance I am sure. Hydro, oxycodone, oxycontin, H..... So say your using H. You are getting all those pleasure centers stimulated in the brain. Why would your brain want/need to have sex? It doesnt. Your already pleasuring it to the max. When your going through wd, you are dying to have Any opiate receptor stimulated at all! You literally have no energy,ect. Your brain is whacked at this point. During wd, you want to have sex ALOT because you actually feel good for 2 whole seconds and actually stimulate a receptor(this is how horrible you feel..you feel good for those 2seconds ONLY). If any of this makes sense to you. But at any rate, I have used all sorts of drugs. I will tell you this. Use this drug only recreationally. It will suck you in. It will be fun for a while. But, that will come to an end IF you get hooked. I have came off alot of drugs, and nothing compares to this one. Btw, I am new to this site but really like the forums I see here.

I'd go for this:

That feeling when you just get out of a dead hot bath and all your muscles are relaxed, combined with total bliss, you are carefree and generally completely happy. All major muscle groups feel similar to a very slight but perpetual orgasm.

And for me, don't know whether its the same for everyone, my head, face and eyes all feel really heavy.

Then again, the subjective nature of any drug makes them hard to describe, but this is my shot at describing an opiate.

I've never done heroin, but when I was in the hospital with a kidney stone I was on IV Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) every 2 hours for about 5 days. The best way I could describe the feeling is that it is very, very similar to the feeling when you are just about to fall asleep. Very comfortable, relaxing, and at times it can be hard to determine (and you won't even bother or care to try to determine) whether you are asleep or awake.

Of course this isn't heroin, but it's an opiate, and a stronger one at that.

Be careful! :)

I must be what they call a chipper. I've done varying lowish doses of opiates. Enough to feel it well enough and to know the direction its going in but I've never been "layed out" from them. For me, I don't like the nausea I seem to get from even low doses. I HATE nausea. More so than a bit of depression after an adderall binge-though its been maybe a year since I've had one of those-nausea bothers me. I have a cousin that is also an opiate addict but I really am lucky that they don't heavily appeal to me. Like I can try an opiate, then just not think about it for months then maybe if it comes around, I'll try it or not. I wish everyone could be like that toward opiates :/

man, this is the last thing i needed to read being a HUGE pharm opiate fan/addict who just recently learned his shroom(irony) and weed guy both dose and sells H. that and that ive heard its MUCH cheaper than being oxy and percs and the like. im gunna try to get on sub so i wont need any of that.
BUT ANYWAY, good read, my friend, and god bless you and your iron will!

The opiate high is pretty hard to describe accurately.

Yeah the best way that I have to describe it is the feeling I used to get when I was a little kid in the cold Chicago winter curled up under a blanket on the radiator. But that obviously doesn't capture the entirety of the opiate feeling and the various different drugs all have their unique spin on that. And then there's the rush and whatnot if you shoot.

Summaries do no justice. No greater feeling, indeed.

Response

Thanks for trying! I think I've actually done hydrocodone before (or maybe it was oxycotin... either way, it was back in high school and I don't remember much) and I felt that heavy feeling in my head, face, and eyes and just took it for sleepiness. Which I love sleep, so that wasn't a bad thing...

I'm just really curious about opiates because people seem to really like them, but I don't know enough to try them yet. Plus, I'm hesitant to try them because of the fact that there are so many stories of people getting "hooked."

The stories of people getting hooked to strong opioids or heroin seem like a cliche but are in fact true. I quickly got addicted to oxycodone IR 30 mg and it took years and a detox/rehab facility to become clean. Save yourself time, money, and a whole lot of suffering by not delving too deeply into any of these substances. And if you do H be sure to do a small amount to start each time you partake. This is so you can tell the power of your product, whether it be weak or strong, pure or cut. This is of the utmost importance as even experienced heroin users have OD off relatively small amounts. I have seen this first hand. In addition, keep in mind heroin is often being laced with fentanyl more recently.

Last edited:
V accurate

I'd go for this:

That feeling when you just get out of a dead hot bath and all your muscles are relaxed, combined with total bliss, you are carefree and generally completely happy. All major muscle groups feel similar to a very slight but perpetual orgasm.

And for me, don't know whether its the same for everyone, my head, face and eyes all feel really heavy.

Then again, the subjective nature of any drug makes them hard to describe, but this is my shot at describing an opiate.

Okay I am I frequent h user and this is probably the absolute best description of how it feels. The rush definitely feels like your whole body is having an orgasm. And you nod in and out. But yes there is a come down!! It makes me feel extremely agitated and I don't mean to, but that beats the dope sickness forsure

My best description of the effects of opiates is as follows.

You haven't tried an opiate before or really experienced the high fully, but then you take a sufficient dose of a strong opiate for the first time. You're just really curious, it seems like the general consensus is that people like these a lot. The feeling is like a warm blanket over every aspect of your physical, mental and emotional self. Physically you feel incredibly relaxed, but not necessary sluggish. Your muscles feel like you just got a massage or something, and there is a euphoria pulsing out of your chest/stomach area. You feel light yet heavy at the same time. Pleasant waves are running through your body from inside out through your extremities. Emotionally, you feel a powerful contentment and euphoria. It feels like everything is right in the world. Your negative emotions are dampened and your positive ones are increased. Nothing can get you down, everything is perfect. Mentally you're a little slowed down, but any anxiety is absolutely destroyed. It's easy to socialize and feel confident in yourself. Self esteem is raised. Everything in life feels easy, wonderful.

You like it a lot, so you want to do it again. You wait a while and do it again. Same thing, this is great. It'll be okay if I keep doing this, I'll stick to every few days. Over time it becomes every other day. Hey no problem, not enough for physical dependence, I could stop anytime I want to, I just don't want to. I'm not addicted, that definitely won't happen to me, I'm not an idiot... says you, to yourself.

Before long you start rationalizing doing it most days, often doing it multiple days in a row. It might take a few weeks, or it might take a year or more, but it happens. It's still the honeymoon period though because you haven't experienced the withdrawals yet. Then one day you do experience withdrawals, maybe you can't get more, maybe you go on vacation and don't bring any, whatever it is. And you're shocked and appalled by how you feel, it's the exact opposite of the opiate feeling. You feel sick, and your limbs are ungodly restless, the constant need to stretch and kick your legs that makes it impossible to sleep. There is pain in your bones. You feel crushingly depressed and overwhelmingly anxious... it feels like everything is the world is shit, you feel a dark and desolate hopelessness that feels like forever. You want to cry about everything. You feel pathetic and worthless.

So, you deal with it for a couple of days and pass the withdrawals. Ahh, cool! Well hey, I'm not actually an opiate addict, I just went a little too hard and got some withdrawals, I'll take a good break and then use it responsibly. The "good break" isn't as long as you intended it to be. You'e already breaking your rules, you're already an addict, but you haven't admitted it to yourself yet. You try it again after a bit, and assure yourself you'll only do it every 3 days or something, that will avoid withdrawals, right? Well, maybe it would have, but you quickly get back to where you were before. There are little daily rationalizations... "I deserve this today, I had a hard day", or "well, just this one time I'll take it 2 days in a row but I DEFINITELY won't keep doing that". But you do keep doing it. The high still feels great and at some point you become physically dependent again, sooner than you know that you are.

Eventually there comes a time when you don't have it, and you start withdrawing again only this time the withdrawals feel worse and last longer than the first time, and you want opiates more than anything else in the world, you'd do anything to get some opiates to make it go away. And your conscious mind finally acknowledges that are addicted body and mind to opiates, and a tremendous fear and burden settles into your soul. You begin to comprehend the seriousness of your situation, and the honeymoon period is over. You begin to wish you had never tried opiates in the first place. You feel like you would do anything to go back and change that fateful day when curiosity got the better of you and this thing started. You berate the past version of yourself... fucking idiot, you say.

After a while you get past the withdrawals and feel alright, not perfect but pretty good, and you resolve to yourself that you have learned your lesson, no more opiates. And you hold to that for a while, maybe you even make it 8 months like I did. But in the back of your mind, opiates are always there. You get cravings that become stronger and stronger. The thought enters your mind more and more intrusively that you could get some and get high. You start to think that since you learned your lesson, this next time you definitely won't get addicted, right? After all, you're not addicted now, are you? Well, yes, you are, but you've deluded yourself into thinking that just because you're well past the physical part, you're not addicted anymore, even though if you were able to step outside yourself for a moment and think about the thoughts you're having, they make no sense and are clearly rationalizations to get you to do opiates again. Obviously it's not going to go well. But you manage to convince yourself that it will be different this time.

Eventually you do them again. Maybe it's your birthday and you want to "reward" yourself. But if so, it was the worst birthday gift you've ever received. It starts out feeling innocent. You're gonna do it just this once. The high is great but not as great as it used to be. But still, you love it. Okay, I'm gonna put this down now, that was it. But now you feel that draw again, far, far stronger than it was before. Before long, you've convinced yourself to do it again. Before long, it becomes daily again, maybe you even start getting to multiple times a day. And you know you're addicted, and you feel horrible about yourself. You become terrified, afraid of yourself. Your thoughts become almost another entity, your greatest foe. As soon as you allow yourself the possibility that "maybe" you'll do opiates today, there is a spiral of fighting yourself that inevitably and invariably ends with getting opiates and doing them. You experience cycles of doing opiates frequently or even constantly, and then experiencing some or all of the withdrawals. Every time the withdrawals are worse and worse, and you start to feel flat and apathetic and uncomfortable even after the acute withdrawals are over, it's post-acute withdrawal syndrome, and it happens more and more.

While you're using opiates, you promise yourself every single day, passionately, that this is the last time, it's over after this. And every single time, you break your promise to yourself. Over time this wears down your self-esteem. The promises stop feeling passionate and start feeling hollow. You start to loathe yourself, you weak, pathetic person. What is wrong with you? Why did you even make this promise, you knew you were going to break it, you idiot. These are the ways you think about yourself most of the time. When you're high, that goes away, replaced by... basically emptiness. Contentment, with panic around the edges. Even if you don't realize it at the time, the way you feel at your absolute best when you've just done a fat dose of your opiates, is a thousand times less good than the way you felt normally before opiates. Basically you're continuing to do opiates just to feel the closest semblance of normal that is possible when you're beaten down, confused and lost, and your life is likely starting to go to shambles or is already, and your body's reward system is intensely suppressed. You're trying to avoid withdrawals, which produces a state that is the worst you could possibly feel. Those who have not experienced the withdrawals of a deep opiate addiction really can't understand how bad it is. You almost can't even explain how bad it is. It's the most soul-crushingly horrific way to exist that I can imagine, extreme discomfort in every aspect of your existence. Every moment is torture and you can't sleep, and the nights are the worst. Even death would be preferable to this. If forced to endure them, suicide enters your mind frequently just for it to end. You would do ANYTHING for opiates. You NEED them. That's how it feels.

When you're not currently using them or in acute withdrawals, all you can think about is doing them, and before long you give in. This time you don't think you're going to use them responsibly, you're past that, you're honest with yourself that you're a full-blown opiate addict by now. You give in because life feels unlivable without opiates. Your endogenous pleasure system is all fucked up, your opiate receptors are all heavily downregulated and that takes a long while to reset. Meanwhile though, you're experiencing sort of a low-grade withdrawal and discomfort for a long time, months, a year before it would go away, and your life is in shambles so you have stresses to deal with everywhere. So you give in, again.

[Repeat cycle for years and years.]

You begin to realize that you will never escape this, you know in your heart that you're fucked. You might begin to fantasize about suicide, while not actually intending to do it, but the draw of death starts to feel as powerful as the draw of opiates. Almost. You start to wish you would get hit by a bus or something, so it was out of your hands but you got to die. You hate yourself more than you hate anything else except maybe opiates. But you're locked in. Every moment is hell, but since being high on opiates is a lesser hell, you stick with that. What other choice do you have? Well, there is always a choice, but you no longer believe you are capable of making the choice to stop. That realization leaves you numb.

Eventually, perhaps 10 years down the road, you hit your rock bottom. Maybe it's sooner. Probably not later. And you either overdose, kill yourself (maybe by overdosing), or you find the strength somewhere to finally get off of opiates. If you choose the last path, it will be a very difficult and painful road, but eventually you will be able to feel good again, and happy. It will probably involve a lot of life changes and not letting the insane addict part of your brain fool you ever again.

I was hooked from the first time I got a proper opiate high. I really was, I see that in retrospect. Obviously I wasn't physically hooked, but I loved it, it was instant perfection in feeling. So the idea was implanted then. It was a constant draw that I didn't even understand was a draw at first, to do opiates and achieve that feeling. It got harder and harder to resist and it was inevitable that I was going to fall down the opiate addiction hole farther and farther until I hit the bottom and either stayed there until I died, or finally get enough sense to say, enough is enough, I feel the draw but I feel the draw more to get out of this insane hellhole. The funny thing is, I could have chosen to break the cycle at any time, because we always have the ability to choose. But I never did choose to, because it took reaching a certain point for me to have the strength to make the choice to turn my back on opiates, that's how strong the draw was for me. No other type of drug, and I've done them all, and still do some of them, has been even close to as intimately intertwined with every aspect of my life, nor had such a strong pull as strong opiates. I consider myself really lucky to have escaped after 10 years of it (it's been 3.5 years now), and I used ibogaine to be honest, I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't.

So that's the real experience of opiates from one end to the other. One of my closest friends died last week from an opiate OD. She was clean for a long time (from opiates anyway, she had a lot of drug problems), and got some pills, we think oxycodone, and shot them up while she was on quite bit of benzos. Now she's gone, she never even got a chance to hit rock bottom. She went through a heavy IV heroin addiction for years, and we all thought opiates were behind her. But the draw still had her after all that time.

Think very, very hard about this if you're thinking of trying opiates. If you haven't gone there yet, stay away. Seriously. The best case scenario you could possibly achieve is that you feel good, come down, and you've gained and lost nothing. But if you're a person who is going to get hooked by opiates, you are probably going to experience something similar to the above. It's not even 1% worth the indescribable hell of opiate addiction to experience the high. If you are a person with an addictive or compulsive personality, trying opiates is about the most foolish thing you could do.

I hope this helps someone avoid what I and so many others have experienced. <3

Last edited:
I have experimented with marijuana, cocaine, mushrooms, LSD, Painkillers, Benzos, Mephedrone, amphetamines, and that is all that i have used more than once.

I have tried Crack, Heroin, and meth but only once each.

I recently tried heroin for the first time 2 days ago. I have used various pain killers(hydrocodone, codeine, oxycodone) and they were some of my favorite drugs because you feel so mellow and warm and pain free. I had no idea what i was getting in to.

A "dude" who i was buying some fungi from said he had a tenth of some very good raw and wanted to know if i would take it off his hands because he did not want to drive with it. I said, Whats raw? lol He then explained that it was powdered heroin and it was excellent.

We did our transaction and i went back inside to my friends basement. I told him about what i got and i had no idea, but he had done alot of H before. He said it looked like some very good stuff. I gave him one line, and broke myself two lines out. I did one, and he did his bigger one, we smoked a bowl of some northern lights and i smoked a cigarette then i did my other line.

It was unlike any other drug experience i have before. I have got past the point of getting high and sitting around with most drugs (mushrooms, weed, pills, coke, acid) but we literally just sat in his basement for what seemed like ages and didnt say a word other then every now and than when one of us confirmed that we still felt incredible.

I know that if i had more, i would have broke it out when i started to come down. The high is similar to that of oxycodone, but better. I had never felt that good before. As happened with my last large dose of oxycodone, i threw up about 90 minutes after my first line.

The experience was good overall, but the come down was terrible. We smoked alot of bud and ate a few seriquil and passed out. I had a friend who said he started out just like me, and ended up jacking 300 bucks a week after only a few months. He recently quit but told me that the first time you shoot up, nothing else compares to it.

As with meth and crack, i have no desire to do smack again. Something to try if you can mind your shit.

You did something wrong, set or setting, dosage was off or method of administration, something was not in sync.
I've only done Heroin once, well 1 packet over 2 days on a weekend. I've done all opiates prior, Codeine, Tramadol, Morphine you name it but when I smoked Heroin for the first time, I can only describe it like...It feels like peaking perfectly on 500mg of pure MDMA for the very first time at the exact moment you climax to the best and longest orgasm you ever experienced in your life.

That is why I've never touched the shit ever again. I will end up under a bridge, that I know for sure.

They vary. Many opiates are quite stimulating.

Don't opiates also sedate, or something, too, though?
Or is the euphoria just mellow?

I just feel like oxy just made me feel kinda tired when I tried it. And then gave me some of the worst stomach cramps I'd ever felt on coming down. I didn't get any of that euphoria or the "not a care in the world" thing either.

So I must have dosed too low or something to get any effects you're talking about, maybe?

Best you not try again... those who get that feeling often fall down pretty hard because of it eventually. You don't want to go there.

^ agreed.

there are also people who are underwhelmed by their first taste of heroin, yet get completely subsumed by it.
Proceed with great caution...

In the beginning of my heroin addiction, I'd snort the tiniest of bumps and then go jog a couple miles, clean the house, get shit done.

Your particular response could be due to any number of things.

I know some people love opiates from the first second they try them. For me, it was an acquired taste that took a while before I even appreciated the high. You just may not dig oxy... yet.

I can say with certainty that what the OP did was not raw, but lots of people call it that when they sell a chunk of the brick/egg/finger/etc... they bought it like. 100% pure, raw heroin will kill you deader than shit. You have to step on it to have something big enough to work with. If the OP and his buddy split a 10th of a gram of true, 100% raw, pure heroin they wouldn't be here to make the post. What they got was repress (sometimes called "scramble" in my hometown) and, by the time it hit's the U.S. shores, it's probably been stepped on 15 times. I speak from experience. The closest thing I have done to raw is during the the early 1990s, I scored dope from this guy in Norfolk, VA and, when he came back to our car, the guy hands us folded up pieces of newspaper. He says "be careful when you open it becausr not gonna think kit's even in there". I get home, unwrap a newspaper-fold and I'm not seeing anything. Then, I see a teeny chunk (perhaps half the size of an ordinary match head) that was a blackish tanish color. "Oh, great", I think, "cocksucker ripped me off but, whatever it is, I'm shooting it because I paid for it". I make the shot, hit up, and it hit me pretty heavily immediately. Like good heroin not cut with other psychoactive substances does, it kept on coming in waves, building up to a crescendo of me slobbering on myself with my head nearly in my lap (what they call "sucking your own dick"). Like many batches of heroin I've had during my heroin days, I couldn't even keep a sip of water down or I'd puke. But, my point is, if the OP had never done heroin, only sniffed it when he did what he wrote about, and he survived 1/20th gram, it wasn't pure, 100% raw heroin. It was some (probably) good re-press/scramble that he got, luckily for him and his buddy.

100% pure, raw heroin will kill you deader than shit. You have to step on it to have something big enough to work with. If the OP and his buddy split a 10th of a gram of true, 100% raw, pure heroin they wouldn't be here to make the post.

It is true, the vast majority of people fall short of brilliant and drug users are no exception. Allowing that most folks are not very bright, 3mg heroin = 10mg morphine (IM or IV). If I can use a scale to weigh out opiates that are fully active at 1/0th of a milligram, why can't a heroin user assume they have pure (until they know differently) and dose accordingly?

The first time I got smack, that is what I did...weighed out a dose assuming it was pure and dosed accordingly.

I dunno what my point is other than to point out that there is no reason heroin would kill if doses appropriately, pure heroin is a prescription drug in many localities and is dosed pure.

When you first come up its a bit of an Aphrodisiac. I think you are feeling good, and relaxed... might as well buff one out. No, Im not really one to relate everything to sex, there are just certain drugs that trigger the randy. GHB is the worst, I only did it once but within 20 minutes I was seriously considering working one out in my friends computer room/nursery. Anyhow, you basically cannot get off. Try as you might, its basically impossible.

Oxycodone did put me in a dreamy and erotic mood. 2,5mg with no tolerance to opiates, and I understood why people fall in love with opiates. I felt happy, carefree and relaxed :)

I got my script after a tooth surgery, and I asked to get something else at the end of my script, because I understood how it would be easy to develop a dependency on the stuff. Got some special anti-inflammatory stuff instead.