• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

i dont want to try either of these methods.

what if you fucked it up? you'd be left with your cash spent and a pile of fucked up unsmokeable, THC free weed.

for splatts comment in my my opinion hash you get paranoid worse than buds. Maybe its just me but i can't mellow out with hash unless i am doing fuck all, it makes me jittery and nervous if i smoke it b4 i go to bed it takes me hrs to get to sleep compared with bud. Never tried hash oil but got some five litre bubble bags and can anyone tell me what happened to the original bubble bags from fresh headies cos there are loads of spin-offs like bubble sacs

Oil method?

i dunno how dumb this is gonna sound, but lets go n e way.

if i were to get 3.5 grams of dank bud, grind it into dust pour into saucer add the purest alcohol i could get my hands on, let it sit for a week or so, then heat the bottom until alcohol was gone, could i then use this matterial for smoking?

and would it get me high?

if you let it sit for a week the alcohol would probably evaporate on its own (depending on how much you put in and the surface area (ie flatter and more shallow is better). Yeah the material would definitely get you high, but it doesn't make any sense to me at all. The weed would still be in the resulting oil, but the weed dust would be inactive and the oil wouldn't be, so wouldnt you not wanna make it weed dust so you can filter out the plant material after the essence is extracted?

ok yea i would remove the dust matterial once its soaked for the week, maybe by letting the alcohol sit for a week leaving a muky residue and the doing the same again but place through a filter, let the remaidning liquid evaporate - would that leave oil?

xXTOKERXx said:
ok yea i would remove the dust matterial once its soaked for the week, maybe by letting the alcohol sit for a week leaving a muky residue and the doing the same again but place through a filter, let the remaidning liquid evaporate - would that leave oil?

yeah it would. :) use a silk cloth (is best) or coffee filter to filter out the weed and sqeeze every little bit out of there, soak the weed again and repeat this. if all the alcohol has evaporated you'd be left with hash oil, although very little, 3.5 gr won't yield much.. :\

but what is the highest proof you can get ? i would recommend anything over 90%.

This extraction is simple but doesn't produce the best product at all since it's a crude extract chlorophyll & all

i know i'll be only looking at 2 joints or so of hash oil, but the stuff is fucking great so mite be phun.

xXTOKERXx said:
i dunno - dont pharmicys sell IPA alcohol, isnt that 100%?

the highest concetration i've seen was in the 90th percentile.. 70% is common. 100% isnt that common

super critical butane

90+proof alcohol will give you a low grade hash oil i would recomend super critical butane extration its not as hard as it sounds look it up somewhere im too lazy or pm me for details its very easy and all youreally need is butane lighter fluid

a butane extraction is not going to work with only 3.5 grams of weed. you've got too much air in the extraction pipe. the alcohol method should do it if done right. report back how it went and make a pic if that's possible, would like to see how it turned out. :)

lol cheers fella's i know the butane method and all, but im jus curious about the ways in which oil can be made, i have read that thread - very good indeed..

wat im thinking is maybe pour 2:1 ratio Alc:Ganja into a saucer stir, and allow to setlle return in a few days and filter off liquid, then evaporate alc..

i mean it will still make oil, right?

sure. i would however, soak the weed twice to make sure everythings' in the alcohol. but ofcourse once will also do it.. :)

The best extraction solvent isn't IPA (although IPA is good), it's acetone (also easy and cheap to get). It dissolves the THC. Filter, evaporate for brown hash-oil. Clean that with a (hot) water wash for golden oil. Don't expect more than 15% of original weight. I have reformed 1Kg batches this way (in Holland) then used dried, powdered skunk leaf (fermented) to make good hash.

thats from Mr Piglet - big respect.

Oil?

say i was to come into possesion of a medium sized sattie (australian term for satchel bag could be worlwide dunno) of a ten cent piece covered in a stick oil like substance under the apprehension that it was cannabis oil and could get you high it is of a stick kind of oily form and was informed that if u dab it on a ciggarette u can smoke it and get high any info on what i may have would be well apreeciated...

thanks

peace

bong on

maybe its hash oil. maybe its pcp. who knows what it could be really.