• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

great post,....that's in line with what I've been reading about it so far,....

^Thanks man! I was going to take pictures but I'm working with a cell phone camera at the moment and the quality doesn't do the oil justice.

I was surprised to see just how 'instant' it really is. Every second counts, so make sure you're ready to shake and dump when you put the alcohol in the weed jar. I usually take two jars, put trim in one and leave the other empty. I take a funnel and set a cone shaped coffee filter inside of it, and place it on top of the empty jar. Soak the weed, dump it into the coffee filter, and squeeze the filter with a glove on (or a plastic bag, whatever works) to speed up the draining.

I think this is similar to what most people do though. I used to just use one jar and some sort of ghetto filter set up and drain it directly onto the plate. It doesn't work nearly as well as having two jars, though. You just can't strain it both fast and properly otherwise.

QWISO is necessary to not get nasty product, but BHO is the next step in having a near perfect product.

So would you guys say BHO is your favorite method?

I have only used BHO yet, about 5 times and i'm questioning if I should test a QWISO also or if I should stick to butane which has not disappointed me yet.

BHO ends up costing me about 50% more, and while I do like the taste I get a decent bit more, it gets me the same "high". I do QWISO because I can easily do it in a ventilated room within my house, rather than standing outside with piping, drilling holes, and running the risk of the police station literally across the street from seeing me.

BHO ends up costing me about 50% more, and while I do like the taste I get a decent bit more, it gets me the same "high". I do QWISO because I can easily do it in a ventilated room within my house, rather than standing outside with piping, drilling holes, and running the risk of the police station literally across the street from seeing me.
BHO first run.
QWISO the second.
if the QWISH is too weak, add some BHO or keif.

How do you make white hash oil?

I know you can make hash and honey oil but how do you make white hash oil? I read something from cannabis alchemy but that is it. Anyone got any info

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Cannabis Alchemy, it's an old, outdated and inaccurate book.

I'm always paranoid that my bho still contains butane...

Having my dish in hot water the whole time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Is there any way to verify if it still contains too much butane for consumption?

Last edited:

Having my dish in hot water the oil time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Is there any way to verify if it still contains too much butane for consumption?

you can vacuum purge it

^ That consists of putting it in a jar and removing pressure in the said jar? I will try that, can you en-light me on what tool I need to do so, except for the jar with a hole in the top?

Having my dish in hot water the oil time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Just don't worry about it. Pop the little bubbles and it'll be okay.

I'm already using my oil in my 15" tall bong with an ash catcher with percolators. I have bought a vapor curve skillet only for that purpose and i've been using it since I use oil or so. I thought this was a pretty non-harsh way of smoking it.

I looked up for Jelly Hash, it seems interessting, but would I need bubblebags to get the powdered product or is there a cost efficient way to obtain some potent hash?

Note that the trim I have been using for making oil is pretty old trim that smells hay in a really disgusting way (So it tastes pretty bad also). I have been given a large amount and since that's the only trim I was able to get (and for free) I decided not to waste it. Some old buds in there turned a light brown (literally no more green on the bud), maybe I just shouldn't use that trim anymore...

I also have mid quality buds at home, but haven't smoked them in a while, I might try to do a smaller extraction with buds to see the difference. What do you guys think?

By the way, my throat doesn't hurt at all, it has improved greatly since I haven't smoked in maybe a month now, my thc regime was oil only for the last month, maybe I should lay down on the oil and go back to buds?

P.S. I might have misunderstood your post, Kaywholed. Do you mean I don't have to worry about the coughing, it's normal? I was just so much under the impression that oil would be WAY healthier with no cough and etc that it surprises me and I want to make sure.

2nd Edit : While i'm at it, if anyone has a good link on how to turn oil into wax it would be appreciated, I have only found 1 link yet and want to have many opinions before trying.

Last edited:
Note that the trim I have been using for making oil is pretty old trim that smells hay in a really disgusting way (So it tastes pretty bad also).

This says it all really. Only use good quality sugar leaves with trichomes and popcorn bud.

I looked up for Jelly Hash, it seems interessting, but would I need bubblebags to get the powdered product or is there a cost efficient way to obtain some potent hash?

You don't need bubblebags. You could do it with a pair of tights as your filter. Or you could make better tasting hash with a screen so you don't wash away terpenes that give the hash it's flavour. Alternatively you could make a sort of screen wrapped around a cylinder which spins like a washing machine (a pollinator).