• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

make that a VERY WELL ventilated area... i tried iso oil once and it stunk up my whole apartment with rubbing alcohol when i tried to cook it off

well, duh, i'm a retard, i knew oil wasn't soluble...

i was just thinking if the water and oil were mixed, even if the oil rested on top of the water, the boiling of the water wouldn't be able to somehow 'cook' the oil causing it to vaporise or something?

i dunno, its a far fetched idea, and it seemed to make sense to me when i first conceptualized it.

i am fairly blazed right now though, so that may explain it.

edit:
also, i was thinking about dissolving it just to kinda dose it out, but have more substance to work with, as its easier to divide up a larger amount of something into smaller doses, as opposed to trying to just get 10 separate 1ml doses.

habitat said:
i was just thinking if the water and oil were mixed, even if the oil rested on top of the water, the boiling of the water wouldn't be able to somehow 'cook' the oil causing it to vaporise or something?

Yeah sure, heat the stuff and it will vaporize, but it's gonna be very hard to inhale all the THC with all that hot steam. In other words, it's not gonna work, stick to the original ways of smoking it.

To make the stuff more managable, mix it (as frizz already suggested) in with some finely ground pot or something.

^^ Or spot it between 2 hot knives with a tube/ funnel stem in your mouth to suck up the smoke. Pre-heat the knives between spots; red hot for hash, slightly less for oil. The process essentially vaporizes the oil.

Lets say I did the butane method and got a nice bit of honey oil...could I just drip a couple drops under my tongue or something and get high that way?, or drip it on some bread and swallow it?

I've eaten it straight, used it in cooking, made butter (the best), rolled joints with it, smoked it in bongs mixed with grass, spotted and heat vaporised it, mixed it with tobacco, even dissolved it in olive oil and DMSO and rubbed it on my skin, as well as scented the room with the mixture in a essential oils vaporisor [Edit: minus the DMSO of course]. A very different smell than from burning/heating and wonderfully aromatic if you like the smell of hash oil :D

As opposed to the alcohol extract, butane (or petroleum ether) extract is delicious and smells beautiful. A good test is to hold some of your yellow honey up to the sun. If it turns red, some claim it implies it is the best. Any I've seen has always turned red.

If done right the process is over in 20mins, compared to the hours spent refluxing in ethanol. If time allows, the ethanol process followed by a non-polar extraction will yield slightly more honey, but for the difference in amount and the messing around involved, I would go for a non-polar only extraction. Once tasted, you'll never go back =D

Last edited:
Would 4 grams be enough to make a useable amount of oil? I would be grinding it up and putting it in a jar with 90% alcohol. Do I really need to wait week for it to disolve before staining it? It seems like what's going to disolve will pretty quickly. Wouldn't I get more out of it if I used more alcohol? Thanks.

Depending on the oil content of the plant material, 4 grams will get you something smokable.

You can heat your alcohol instead of waiting weeks. Refluxing involves boiling, and cooling the vapors to drip back into the simmering mixture. An upright condenser is normally used.

Adding more alcohol will hasten the process, but with too much you risk losing some oil on the walls of your containers. Evaporation will also take longer.

could someone please clarify what would be the best "plant material" to use? there have been a couple posts from people asking if they should grind up a few grams of straight bud. or to use stems and shake, or trimmings. for those of us that don't have access to actual plants to get the leftovers, will it be a waste of bud to grind it up straight? like, should i just go out and buy an eighth and try this out? again, sorry for sounding stupid but i really want to do this. it will take me forever to collect that many stems and that much shake to yield a decent amount of product.

The buds would result in the purest and highest yield, also depending on what method you use. Stems, leaves, they contain significantly less THC and more by-products which also are extracted. And trust me, it won't be a waste of buds, your extracting all of the good stuff, smoke that and you're happy. :)

Hash Solvent?

What solvent is the best to use for a hash extraction from leaves and cuttings other than isopropyl alcohol? I've heard butane is one of the best, but it evaporates pretty quickly at room temperature.

Ethyl alcohol is the best, but if you can't get a hold of any, you can also use Everclear

I would try the butane extraction if I were you, highest yield..

Merged. :)

What about petroleum ether? Is that almost as good as butane? Also, is petroleum distillates the same thing as pretoleum ether?

Me and my friend were wondering if we could use 2 young plants(about 2 months old) that had severe stem damage and couldnt continue to grow to make some hash. Neither had buded yet, but we have over 10 grams of stems and leaves. We were gonna try to use isopropyl alcohol BTW.

honey dust grinder?

anyone hear of these honey dust grinders and if they're legit?

Has anyone used oil extraction liquid (60% absolute alcohol) if so how do you use it?