• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

damn....wish i woulda knew that, there's no way to remove the chlorophil taste is there? that shits disgusting

Bubblebags, whilst efficient, are definitely inferior compared to dry sieving traditionally or in a tumbler. I really want to try making my own screens.

If it's really THAT bad, it could either be left over ISO or residue from over heating the ISO.

Though technically there is no reason you couldn't re-extract the THC, it will be difficult to use ISO again if it's gooey. I would use butane but you've already mentioned thats not an option. You'r best bet with ISO is to distill it but I'm not sure if you're ready for that level of work nor have you the proper equipment. I suppose you could re extract with iso shaking it in a jar vigorously however you won't get out the chlorophyl at this point unless you have a cured (powder) product. Which i know you don't. Doing a new wash with iso and running it through filter paper then curing it properly would produce a much better tasting product though.

Unless you're talking about just green gooey oil that hasn't been burnt by excess heat, in that case you need only to further cure your product. warm airflow will do this, a food dehydrator could work if you can get one but I've never done it that way so I'm not promising it will be amazing.

Sorry if my posts are starting to get more confusing, i've been awake for almost 24 hours, starting to get foggy minded.

I think you mean acetone?

You really should get a better understanding of stuff like this before potentially wasting so much.

All is not lost though. You can re-extract your extract.

If you dry the product, powder/break it up, If it doesn't dry very well, try adding some dry plant matter back in: you're going to be re-extracting it anyway!

Then do a QUICK wash (10-20 seconds) with clean ISO and you should be able to get some rather nice smoke from it.

ahaha, if you read my other thread you'd realize I've been a little out of it tonight, but yes, i know it's acetone, paint thinner, and this was more experiment than anything, i only half expected it to work because its just a bunch of stems and water leaves

so what should i do about the alcohol already in the jar full of thc AND chlorophil?

so what should i do about the alcohol already in the jar full of thc AND chlorophil?

Evaporate as much as you can, in a WELL VENTILATED AREA. If too much ISO vapour builds up inside you could pass out from the fumes or cause an explosion.

The resiny looking extract you have from drying a jar is mostly THC + Oils + Chlorophyll. It's probably fine and unaffected by the heat. The Chlorophyll is what gives leaves their green colour (very dark now due to being concentrated) and gives the "planty" smell.

Smash up the resiny stuff as fine as possible and drop it in clean ISO. If its sticky mix in some dry leaf to make it all crumbly. Pour the ISO off 20 seconds later and evaporate it.

This should extract any THC in it and tell you if its worth bothering with the rest.

Last edited:
If it literally crackles and "sparkles" like a sparkler when you smoke it via direct flame, that's solvent burning while you smoke it.

If i don't feel like waiting I cure it under a flouresent(low power) grow light for 4-6 hours depending on how thin of a layer I have. Even if it's initially golden, it WILL turn amberish red once it really starts curing, though with proper filtration it will come out either white or amber already depending on how mature the plant used as precursor was. (look at a growing pot plant with a magna find glass, most growers will harvest AFTER the trichomes turn amber inside - hence i have concluded that when i Blow white oil it's only because the trichomes were premature). Though Amber doesn't mean it's ready to smoke, i refuse to smoke "gooey" oil. It's only gooey because there is still solvent, if you don't believe me get it lab tested. Cured oil will flake off the tray into a powder when scraped with a razor blade.

Proper curing without the use of a light takes anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. Technically when i use a light i loose some potency but not enough that i notice..

Either way i plan on building a box that circulates warm air through with no light in order to cure my trays, should work wonderfully when i get around to it. A food dehydrator would probably work if it were large enough for my evaporation trays.

Here's an old picture from my phone. It's sparkling figuratively from the flash on my phone but it melts down and disappears when smoked with direct flame, no "fireworks." I'll post a picture of some more recent product when i get home tomorrow. Not sure how well you can tell in this picture but this is powdery flakes, not sticky or gooey and it won't melt down at room temp - it will lab test solvent free.
NSFW:
6gcyfk.jpg

Thanks for the reply, in the pyrex dish I did the extraction, there is that powdery residue that I could scrap off, so I think i'm fine on that level. On the sides of my little dish, the oil was way more powdery also.

The trichomes were amber on the buds I used, some mids which explain the blacker spots I think.

I will try to cure it with a light if you suggest so. What height do you place the bulb from your product? What kind of bulbs and wattage do you use? CFL bulbs?

The oil doesn't do any crackles sounds (like fireworks as you mentioned), only the sound of something being vaporized on titanium.

Also the consistency is quite special, it's not really gooey. I can tap it with my finger without having it stick, but I can't handle it with my fingers or it will stick. When I put some on my dabber I can roll it around the dabber easily without it sticking. So it's just a bit too sticky to handle, I was wondering if there was anyway of turning it to wax or something like that. I was thinking maybe exposing it to cold temperatures would help with that, but i'm wondering if I have to cover it or anything if I send my dish to the freezer (ice forming on the oil?).

Thanks for helping me perfect my technique :)

Can you get bubblehash from leaves?

First, the weed were talking about is wild weed from somewhere in the Balkans and its the type that youd need 10 plants to get 1g gram of bud, its extremely seedy and people don't even smoke it they feed it to the pigs but i am sure after trading stories with people from India that the weed in India is shit also and full of seeds as well, but apparently it makes for some good hash.

Do you think you could use leaves as well when making hash of this type? Either via ice-o-lators or via bubble bags or via oil?

Also when it comes to hash what counts the most to get a great top notch product (quality wise I want it with as less purities as possible).

Will the hash quality be different using this low quality wild hemp type weed compared to high grade plants? What are the differences?

Thanks

Cannabis Ruderalis? In short - no
Cannabis Sativa? That depends (see below)

Water leaves? Maybe, but its a stretch and really saying "no" would be a more honest answer
Trim from the actual bud? Absolutely! (People like to throw this stuff away, can you believe it?!)

If youre trying to make the most out of trim, id go for BHO though (Butane Hash Oil).
Although somewhat dangerous (really only dangerous if youre stupid), BHO will extract the most amount of THC from the leaves and will yield the highest potency hash. It takes an afternoon to do, and will leave you with some powerful shit man. If youre interested, there are plenty guides online on how to properly make BHO.

^^^has it right. You do need trics on thoses leaves for bubble.
You would do much better quality and yeild with bho.

Look at the leaves with a scope, if you see trichomes then yes. If there is no trichs then no.

doing larger extractions gives you a worse yield.
I've found the best amount to do is like 10 grams, that way you can weigh it and figure out what youre yield was really easily. Also any more than that and I feel it becomes a little wasteful, and less than that just isn't really worth the run that much.

oh but whoever said you cant do an exttraction on an eighth is wrong, you can, and you can do it with a good yield and get really good product too.

People need to use glass tubes though thats the only way to go, I would never use PVC or metal or anything like that.

Sharing with you guys my new batch of BHO. Used 7 grams of B-B+ quality trim, not grinded, in my new Okief tube.

I purged it for 20 minutes outside with warm water in another dish. During that 20 minutes I popped the bubbles with my scraper. At the end of the 20 minutes I took my torch with a very small flame and popped the smaller bubbles.

Then I took it inside, 20 minutes on a double boiler, I scrapped it into the middle and made a thin layer of it. Then I wiped it for a good 2 and a half minutes to see if it would budder up since it was pretty good trim, but it didn't. :(

I got it in my dish and after 5 minutes it was gone to glass. It is like 70% shatter glass and 30% wax, like I try showing in picture number 2, it's sappy! In picture 3 you can see the dish' logo through the BHO.

It got me a good gram for 7 grams of trim so i'm quite happy! As you can see in picture 3 I have already sampled some of it %). The taste is amazing, best cannabis related product I have tasted so far. (I don't have access to MMJ). It's a strong taste, mix between piney, skunky and lemony that stays in your mouth for a good minute after exhaling.

NSFW:
dscn2531w.jpg

dscn2532n.jpg

dscn2533r.jpg

Question : I still have the not-grinded trim in my tube. Can I just take it out, chop it up in my mixer (not to powder) even if it's full of butane? And then do a second run? I understand that the product won't be as good, but might as well get all the cannabinoids out of there! :D

Last edited:
you can run a second can through without taking it out for a much smaller yield.

if I were to do a second wash I would do it with 99% iso for no more than 15 second soak. this will be a darker hash and you can add bho to make it more potent if you choose, or mix in some kief.

apply a torch to the goop is bad. your product will be best if you have the patience to slower let it evap. still use hot water to speed it up.

Marijuana extracted into oil failure: where did i go wrong?

Ok so i tried to extract some thc into some Organic, extra virgin coconut oil. I used 1.5 g of finely ground weed, and about 9g of coconut oil.

I had a big pot on the stove, a glass plate on the bottom, and a glass bowl on top of the glass plate which is what i was cooking my mixture in. I also had a lit on the pot. I cooked for 2 hours while it was simmering. There were some bubbles coming out though, but i wasn't sure if this may have been caused by glass plate touching the bottom of the pot. The bubbling was very light tho, and the water wasn't at a rapid boil.

I tried taking the end result, and i can't say i'm too impressed. I'm a little disappointed I wasted my weed, and was wondering where i went wrong? was it too hot, or not hot enough?

Is there a way that i can just retry with my final product and see if maybe more THC is extracted by reheating the oil on the stove? or is it pretty much ruined now, and i should maybe just eat it all and hope i can catch a buzz?