• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

this explains so much. I will do a 20 sec wash next time.

The shorter the wash, the better. If I do a 20 second wash I still get greenish black goop.

15 seconds I think is the sweet spot. If I do a 15 second wash, I get a much more solid yield. Lots of fluffy solid material, and very little black goop. The black goop I do get is actually more of that sweet amberish color.

Yesterday I tried two washes. One extremely short ~10-15 seconds. The second was just a little longer...about 20-25 seconds. The difference in quality is drastic. The first pull came out a thick fluff. The second pull came out mostly goo, but there was still a little bit of that blondish fluff.

I should have took pictures for reference before I smoked it all, though. Damnit.

Yeah I've always been a bit surprised to hear of some people leaving their weed to soaking for up to a five minutes. Only a quick rinse for less than 30 secs is needed.

What is/are the best homemade ice hash bags in your opinion?

I don't need a really big thing to filter up the swater, as it is a small quantity for personal use I'm making. Last time, i used a coffee filter, but i got very few (altought great quality) hash... All suggestions are welcomed! If this thread is against any rules, may a mod close it and accept my excuses.

I don't need a really big thing to filter up the swater, as it is a small quantity for personal use I'm making. Last time, i used a coffee filter, but i got very few (altought great quality) hash... All suggestions are welcomed! If this thread is against any rules, may a mod close it and accept my excuses.

Get pounds of trim and try again. :)

if you have sticky BHO/QWISO hash you can't handle very well....

put it in the freezer, and wait until its hard.

I scrape mine out of the pie plate with a razor blade, and put the razor blade in the freezer. a while later, it pops off the razor blade with a twist, and then you have a peice of hard hash that you can cut into smaller peices or whatever. it will heat up in your hands tho, so minimize handling.

^^You gotta whip your yield on the evaporation tray and then freeze it, THEN scrape it up. This turns your standard "honey oil" into high end "Gold Flake", almost fully cured, within 20 minutes of evaporating the butane. Though it's pretty much impossible to entirely cure any yield with butane, you can let it sit for months and still fail a lab test for solvents. Anyway, the point is that flake is pretty easy to work with compared to "oil".

PM for detailed whipping instructions if you've never done it before, it has nothing to do with drug synthesis but i still don't like being to detailed in open posts when it comes to this shit because certain people just really should not ever work with volatile chemicals - especially when heat and dissolved organic matter is involved.

Anyway, I'm working on a new extraction method. Will post pictures of the yield in a day or so, still tweaking some of the process and figuring some shit out. Can't really give any specific info at the moment but I'm very confident it will yield 98%^ THC. We'll see. :)

Can this ISO oil be improved?

I am in the middle of making some oil using old buds and leftover bubble hashed trim. I made the mistake of letting the material sit for too long and now have a bowl of green ISO hash waiting to dry out and be scraped.

What I want to know:
Is there any way to subtract the particles from the rest of the solution? I have tried coffee filters and extremely fine silk screen with no luck.

Might there be a similar process I can use to the following?:

When I've made butter in the past I usually let it sit in the freezer until the particles sink or float and then pull the butter, drain the dirty water, refill it with clean water, heat it up again and repeat the process until my butter is almost yellow again. It is always stoney and super clean. Anyone know of a similar technic I can use to clean my oil?

Be sure to let me know if you need any extra info.

I have a question about BHO. How can you tell if there is still butane left in your oil?

I have done butane extractions 4 times now, the butane was dropping in a pyrex plate that was in another pyrex plate filled with hot water. The 3 first times, I only warmed up water inside and came outside with it to change it a couple time to keep it the hottest possible. But last time I did it, it was pretty cold outside, i'd say between 5 and 10 degrees Celsius. So I poored my hot water in my plate, but by the time I was at my 2nd butane can (had 1/4 lbs trim) and the liquid was pooring, the water wasn't really hot anymore, so I doubt much butane was evaporated at the beginning. I went back in maybe 4 times to get more hot water to change it, but it was cooling really fast.

I decided to go back in and make a setup so i could put it on my stove (I had the fan at max). It bubbled, so I tought the butane was mostly gone. But now, and basically everytime I had smoked any form my 4 batches, I lay some weed in my bowl and put a drop of oil on there, but the oil always catches on fire, making a little flame for maybe 5 seconds, making me think there is still butane in there :(.

Now I don't know if it's in my head, but the last batch i made (over the stove), seems to catch even more on fire, and seems to iritate the throat. BUT I have been smoking old weed with that new oil so that might be the cause.

What are your toughts? Btw it still gets me as high as other batches.

I am in the middle of making some oil using old buds and leftover bubble hashed trim. I made the mistake of letting the material sit for too long and now have a bowl of green ISO hash waiting to dry out and be scraped.

What I want to know:
Is there any way to subtract the particles from the rest of the solution? I have tried coffee filters and extremely fine silk screen with no luck.

Might there be a similar process I can use to the following?:

When I've made butter in the past I usually let it sit in the freezer until the particles sink or float and then pull the butter, drain the dirty water, refill it with clean water, heat it up again and repeat the process until my butter is almost yellow again. It is always stoney and super clean. Anyone know of a similar technic I can use to clean my oil?

Be sure to let me know if you need any extra info.

You basically said the answer in your post! Use 90% iso and freeze precipitate the waxes/cloraphyl/crap/distilled water before evaporating your tray. Just stick it in the freezer for a few hours, separate the solvent from the ice and evaporate it. Be careful not to let any of the crap from on top of the ice get back into your ISO solution. Same exact concept as what you already mentioned in your post. :)

I have a question about BHO. How can you tell if there is still butane left in your oil?

I have done butane extractions 4 times now, the butane was dropping in a pyrex plate that was in another pyrex plate filled with hot water. The 3 first times, I only warmed up water inside and came outside with it to change it a couple time to keep it the hottest possible. But last time I did it, it was pretty cold outside, i'd say between 5 and 10 degrees Celsius. So I poored my hot water in my plate, but by the time I was at my 2nd butane can (had 1/4 lbs trim) and the liquid was pooring, the water wasn't really hot anymore, so I doubt much butane was evaporated at the beginning. I went back in maybe 4 times to get more hot water to change it, but it was cooling really fast.

I decided to go back in and make a setup so i could put it on my stove (I had the fan at max). It bubbled, so I tought the butane was mostly gone. But now, and basically everytime I had smoked any form my 4 batches, I lay some weed in my bowl and put a drop of oil on there, but the oil always catches on fire, making a little flame for maybe 5 seconds, making me think there is still butane in there :(.

Now I don't know if it's in my head, but the last batch i made (over the stove), seems to catch even more on fire, and seems to iritate the throat. BUT I have been smoking old weed with that new oil so that might be the cause.

What are your toughts? Btw it still gets me as high as other batches.

Christ... After fully reading your post the only advice I can consciously give you is to NEVER attempt making honey oil ever again - If you value your life.

Like... Wow. I'm just going to leave it at that because i don't want to be an asshole. Seriously Don't fucking touch a can of butane ever again. Really? Inside? On a lit stove? And you didn't melt off any of your skin? Sheer dumb luck.

Hahaha calm down sir, i'm not an idiot, I didn't perform the butane extraction INSIDE. I did it outside (hence why the water was getting cold). After I was done extracting and I had the oil in my pyrex plate I decided to take it inside to let it sit in warm water over the stove. It didn't look like much butane was being evaporated from the oil when I was outside and bringing almost boiling water out every 3 minutes, the solution was still too liquid. I repeated the process around 4 times before I decided to bring the solution inside. I didn't touch a single can while I was inside, you got me really wrong.

Maybe my post confused you, I wrote it while high on said oil. Thanks for trying to answer me without being a dick though!

probably the old weed making it harsh. try water filtration (bong) or vape.

Allright thx for the answer Chainer. My biggest concern was that I didn't know if it was totally normal that the oil makes a flame instead of just boiling?

I am smoking on my bong with percolator attachment, so it shouldn't be so harsh, i'll try back when I have better weed. I will receive my skillet attachment within next weekend also, pretty sure that's gonna help!

Pfff! Thank you, as well, for your replies caseface99. I got a kick out of that.

Ok, so here's where I get confused. I, in fact, DID think about using the same method, but if oil floats, particles sink and the oil is dissolved into the alcohol that doesn't freeze how will this work? Here's what I've come up with. Let me know what you think. I just don't want to ruin/loose a huge batch of oil. I guess at this point a bad batch is better than no batch.

Water can't freeze while it's mixed with alcohol. The oil will rise to the top? But, what if it's already stuck to the bottom? Should I freeze the solution as much as possible and strain it? See, I'm having a hard time putting this together in what seems like a working order. If the oil is mixed into the alcohol I risk loosing it.

My head is starting to hurt. How do you see the process working? Thanks in advance.

BHO purification

All common sense and safety protocols must be observed if attempting any extraction using a flammable solvent ! Attempts to perform anything described below is at your own risk, and should only be done with proper ventilation, and safety equiptment appropriate.

I read through most of the posts here, and found that none of the BHO makers are using a purge process that I use to ensure all butane is removed. I will preface my comments with the realization that many posters are produciing small amounts of porcessed oil, so that the quantities of butane left are negligiable. That said when running multiple tubes into a single catch basin resulting in a significant quantity of BHO there will be trapped butane bubbles retained that are not purged during the hot water bath as it is collected. This results in a product that is still contaminated with solvent. To digress a moment, I use blown glass extraction tubes made expressly for this use, and collect into a stainless steel gravy/soup insert for a buffet steam table, available at restaurant equipment suppliers. This sits inside a slightly larger deep rectangle insert for the hot water. I will try to come back to add pictures of the gear and set up, later. After running my butane through the glass tubes, which are wrapped by a double layer of bath towel and secured with duct tape near each end, changing water in bottom container between each tube, then place the 'gravy' container into a preheated oil bath @ 200 degrees in a fondue pot. Being sure to completelt dry the exterior of the container of all moisture before placing into heated oil, ensuring no danger from the cold water and hot oil. Into the bottom of the fondue pot place three or four jar lid rings from canning jars to keep the container off the heating surface. This is heated until ALL bubbles have been removed. Your product can be removed using a rubber kitchen scraper while still warm, remembering to wipe all oil from the bath off the exterior, before attempting to remove purged material from the container. You may also wish to add an additional 'witnerization' process to remove plant waxes, by using ethanol to remove the oil from the container in a 3:1 ratio of alcohol to oil, placing in a glass canning jar with lid into the freezer for 24-48 hours. This allows the waxes to seperate, then pour through coffee filter into stainless steel 'gravy' container for evap in oil bath. I hope this information is helpful, and useful, as well as posted in the right place. I apologize for any typos, as this is being posted from my phone, and editing is problematic. If anyone has questions they don't wish to post, feel free to PM, but I think the question will help others if posted.
Thanks for reading !
<KZ>
P.s. if there a multiple post of this, please accept my apology,and delete the unintended extra. Thanks Mods !

Making Bubble Hash.

Hey Guys.

I have just had a grow of 19 plants. Unlike before I have decided to keep all the stems and leafs and try making bubble hash.

Does anyone have any videos on how to make it? I have watched a lot of them, and have tried to master it. It's not something you can just ask someone how to do it lol.

And whats the possible yield per 5 ounces of dried/frozen trimmings?

Hey Guys.

I have just had a grow of 19 plants. Unlike before I have decided to keep all the stems and leafs and try making bubble hash.

Does anyone have any videos on how to make it? I have watched a lot of them, and have tried to master it. It's not something you can just ask someone how to do it lol.

And whats the possible yield per 5 ounces of dried/frozen trimmings?

How to make hash*

* I do not endorse J. Cervantes advice in general.

Since my last post in this thread, I've slowly been refining my QWISO hash technique. I've been able to get solid, consistent results lately. I reduced the time I let the trim sit in the alcohol to about 5 or 10 seconds maximum. It always comes out a beautiful amber color with plenty of solid fluff.

I've heard a lot of things about how long it should sit. Some say 30 seconds is a good rule of thumb. Some say 15 minutes is key. Some say cold isopropyl is the trick, and still others suggest you should leave it for days at a time.

Well, trial and error has shown me 10 seconds should be the longest you leave it in. The color of the alcohol is an excellent indicator if you've done it correctly; the alcohol should be nearly transparent with a green tint. As opposed to the dark green liquid you get from a longer soak.

Next time you give ISO hash a shot, cut the soak times.

Last edited: