• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

I'm working with about a zip of top grade headies and a quarter of sugar leaf trim, so the yeild is around 2.5g I'd estimate, not ounces. I think I'll just keep it mashed between razor blades in the fridge on wax paper, and use a knife or needle to take small chunks off, then met it onto wraps / bongs. I can think of no other way to make it possible to really get the rest of it off the wax paper otherwise, in this case, i lost about .3 in has to wax paper :(

I just took a couple pictures of the wash I just did, but my phone camera blows so they came out a little blurryish. I think I'll try again and get a good photo first before I put it in this thread, lol. I'm still learning my way around iso hash but it seems each batch I make gets better than the last.

This time I washed the weed twice in a row back to back and dumped all the alcohol on one plate. It's almost dry, looks like I got a chunky pile of solid stuff, and some oily goo too. Why is this so much fun?

Chainer, to be honest I really haven't thought of anything better to do with my oil other than leave it on the razor I scraped it up with, and peel globs off as needed with a safety pin for bowl melting. I pretty much do the same thing with the solid material usually, except when it's powdery/fluffy, then I smash it between two razors like I was saying. Wax paper I will avoid like the plague, though.

Last edited:
thanks oxide, thats the conclusion i've come to. it's a shame i wasted so much!!

Alright, these pictures are as clear as it's gonna get I think, lol. There was a lot this time, I was really suprised by just how much I actually scraped up. This is certainly one of my better results too, pretty tasty. Not bad at all.

NSFW:
VuDGE.jpg

NSFW:
MJGfP.jpg

NSFW:
KfCdS.jpg

Ah, my yield was MUCH more gooey, and I got about 4 razor blades worth from an ounce of bubble kush iso washed for 30 seconds. That looks easier to deal with by a marginal amount.

Looks good!

I find washing it for more than 15 seconds or so will give much more goop than solid, 30 seconds usually leaves me with a dark thick glop that is a huge pain in the ass to mess with. I had some trouble today with draining it so the alcohol sat for too long, so I'll probably get gloopy shit this time instead of that pretty fluff I had.
:[

Thanks though, I was quite proud of myself last night.

I find washing it for more than 15 seconds or so will give much more goop than solid, 30 seconds usually leaves me with a dark thick glop that is a huge pain in the ass to mess with. I had some trouble today with draining it so the alcohol sat for too long, so I'll probably get gloopy shit this time instead of that pretty fluff I had.
:[

Thanks though, I was quite proud of myself last night.

this explains so much. I will do a 20 sec wash next time.

i have a question in regards to butane honey oil supplies and disposal methods. - for an extraction method to produce a higher yield oil such as honey or white cannabis oil...not for huffing. BHO anyone? use some brain power and read the thread name..cannabis EXTRACTS. now please before anyone flags this, starts a fight about how responses to this would be inabeling and would in no way hold any educational value, or argues about the relivance of harm reduction keep reading.

so my boyfriend and his partner have been blowing butane oil for the last few days, and as a result we have a SHIT ton of empty butane canisters. seeing how butane is a hazardous material and can not be disposed of in a landfill. you have to dispose of them at your local recycling/waste/harardous waste management center. now see my problem here is if i show up with well over 100 canisters i miiiiiiiiiiiight raise some suspicions dont you think?

when i brought this problem up with the boys their solution was to bury them in the woods. wait...what? seriously..bury them? is that not HORRIBLE for the earth? at that point that makes me not want to even make butane if thats the result. so in reguards to harm reduction - true it might be environmental, its still helpful. so my question is how would i go about disposing of the canisters safely without worrying about raising some huge suspisions?

Last edited:
horrible for the earth??? more like a death trap for the human body

tell them to STOP NOW. Do nitrious or some dissociation instead, christ.

post this in the Dark Side, it's beyond CD.

I had to read it twice, but I think he means they've been making a shit-ton of BHO...not huffing it. haha.

Divvy up the cans between all your friends, have each drop off a sack at a different recycling center if you're worried about being suspected.

I don't think you have anything to worry about...all that hash oil is making you paranoid.

horrible for the earth??? more like a death trap for the human body

tell them to STOP NOW. Do nitrious or some dissociation instead, christ.

post this in the Dark Side, it's beyond CD.

really? i put it in the marijuana fourm, why on earth would we be inhaling? its an extraction method for higher yeild hash oil. generally a damn good fine hash oil at that - any where from honey color to white. do some research man..

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info13.shtml

thats the general link. it can be a slightly dangerous method if handled improperly so take safety measures. so no it does not belong in the dark side, its a simple question reguarding EXTRACTION waste.

Iso Hash Safety

So ive been smoking a bit of iso for like a week now since my oil connect is dry.

i just spoke to him and he says that smoking iso hash is poison.

he says all of it doesnt evaporate from the hash, which makes it terrible for you.

can someone help me out? is the hash i have right now really poison for me? \
this is bugging the shit outta me

So ive been smoking a bit of iso for like a week now since my oil connect is dry.

he says all of it doesnt evaporate from the hash, which makes it terrible for you.

It does all evaporate, especially if you let it dry out properly.

God I really love finger hash and handmade charas. There's certainly a technique involved in making it that I've gotten down to a tee. I'm going to have to get myself some bags though so that I can make some bubble hash.

thats the general link. it can be a slightly dangerous method if handled improperly so take safety measures. so no it does not belong in the dark side, its a simple question reguarding EXTRACTION waste.

I know what BHO is and have done many extracts, and don't get shitty with me for no reason, I *thought* you were inhaling butane, which is why I suggested TDS and gave some HR. Apologies for misunderstanding but I found your post a bit misleading.

im sorry as well. ive just been hella stressed and irritated lately. Im dealing with a lot. it could have been confusing had you just glanced.

and no its not a poison, it does all evaporate as long as its done right.

That is a load of crap. As long as you evaporate it fine you should not have a problem. Even if there is a tiny amount of iso left in there it will be distroyed as soon as the flame hits it. The only bad part about iso extraction is that you sometimes get too much chlorophyll in the yield which only effects the taste a bit.

i just found about 15 wild cannabis plants growing on my road in illinois. they all are nearly full grown but they already germinated and have little to no bud on any stalk and are mostly seeds. ive heard that trying to smoke wild cannabis buds is pointless because of the low thc levels. But ive seen around about a cold water hash meathod using the shit weed, leaves, stems and seeds. i was going to try to make a batch soon so i woudnt waste these plants. does anyone know if there is enough thc in wild marijuanna/hemp to do a descent cold water extraction? thanks
Absolutely possible to pull dank cold water with total crap. It's all in the method, not the precursor. 1lb of old water leaf done correctly will consistently pull more than 1lb of dank sugar leaf done incorrectly.

Update. The experiment was a success. I ground up the pot, stuck it in a glass jar, put in enough acetone to cover the weed and covered the jar.

Then I shook it for about 5 minutes, and used a tea (metal) strainer to drain off the acetone onto a plate.

Set the plate outside for an hour or so, and once it was dry I scraped up all the greenish-brown residue with a razorblade and let it dry for another hour.

Ta-da. Quick and painless hash oil. Next time I'll use more weed.
Green and brown both indicate the presence of plant matter/shit you don't want. There are way better solvents out there that aren't to hard to get OTC. And no, im not talking about iso or butane. Just depends on if you wanna put in a little more effort.

I've been experimenting with QWISO extractions, and it's really been awesome. Turning previously useless trim/free "compassion bags" of trim from dispensaries in the area into sweet, golden oil is a humbling experience sometimes.

Last night I had purchased a handheld fan for evaporation assistance and after I had drained the alcohol onto the plate I set it on my windowsill to dry, with the fan standing next to it. The fan ended up catching a piece of the furry stripping hanging off the window in the foam blades, knocking a shitload of tiny fibers all over my fresh extraction.
I had to think fast to save it, so after a slight panic, I grabbed a needle out of my grandma's sowing gear and picked them out one by fucking one. I needed to do it quickly before the alcohol evaporated on me as it was already half dried by the time I fucked it up, so it was a bit of a race against the clock.

I finally did get them all out, and saved the oil. I'm smoking it now and it has to be the best batch I've made so far.

The moral of the story is be mindful of your drying spot, especially if you're using a fan or something like that. Oh, and fuck fibers.

You do realize that there is no reason why you can't re extract and filter hash/oil that you previously yielded right?
Woulda been way easier and more efficient then picking out fibers one by one. Just sayin'. ;)

I've never run a QISO with less then an ounce of top grade headies, but today I find myself looking at a 12 grams of Purple Frost, and wonder if I should bother doing a wash. Thoughts on yeild? It's certainly one of the higher THC strands out there.
probably a high yield but buds have WAY more chlorophyll so with iso and butane it's pretty much impossible to extract 95%+ purity product with buds - dank trim however...

i just use:
a mason jar,
99% iso,
a metal mesh strainer with a handle,
a coffee filter in the metal strainer,
a glass plate,
a solo cup cut at the bottom laying on the glass tray, so it works as a stand/funnel that I can rest the mesh strainer ontop of.
And a razor blade

I evaporate the alcohol by boiling a small pot of water at medium heat, then placing the glass tray ONTOP of the pot, vent the room very well, and point a fan blowing full power directly at the iso. Evaporates in about 40 minutes, then I let sit on a heating blanket, and again a fan.

Does anyone have a solid suggestion on where to put the hash right after scrapping it with a razor blade? I used wax paper for this last batch, and the paper ended up getting frozen together onto the hash. I can peel it off, but a lot gets left on the paper. To solve it i am going to iso wash the paper, but for the next batch, I'd like less of a headache.

How do you mold it after scrapping with a razor?

Put it in a small glass jar. You should be able to buy all different sizes at a decent headshop. Then when you want to smoke some just take a paper clip dab some up and melt it into your pipe with a lighter. If you just want to be able to mold it like hash then your only option is marble as seen below.

Well, I tried a couple of things. At first I just left it on the plate until I could think of something. Then I tried a flat smooth pill bottle cap to press it flat. That worked but to get it off I had to turn it back into powder, lol.

Then I scraped it back into a pile on the plate, grabbed two razorblades and sandwiched the hash in between them. Applied a bunch of pressure, peeled them apart and scraped it all on to one blade. Then I just used the other blade to press the loose stuff down a little. It wasn't perfect and I didn't get 100% of the powdery hash, but what I didn't get was easily picked up and scooped into the bowl I was smoking anyway.

I was thinking of using my grinder to press it down flat, and scoop it off as needed. Or use something flat, but also something you won't mind scraping the razor against to reclaim the pressed hash.

Try mixing it with a bit of baking powder. It makes it much easier to manipulate

baking powder? i use kief. easier to smoke kief this way too if you ask me.

^^^
It's called marble and if you want the dankens you gotta figure out a good ratio of cold water hash to oil and thoroughly mix them together. It will turn into a workable, malleable chunk of the most melty hash you have ever smoked.

I'm working with about a zip of top grade headies and a quarter of sugar leaf trim, so the yeild is around 2.5g I'd estimate, not ounces. I think I'll just keep it mashed between razor blades in the fridge on wax paper, and use a knife or needle to take small chunks off, then met it onto wraps / bongs. I can think of no other way to make it possible to really get the rest of it off the wax paper otherwise, in this case, i lost about .3 in has to wax paper :(
If there is enough on the wax paper to see it and scrape it off (if that was possible) all you have to do is throw it in the freezer. It will temporarily flake like a product that has been cured for many months, however it will melt back down after returning to room temperature. It's slightly more complicated to speed up the curing process, but the point is that you will be able to get it off the wax paper. (*should be able to*, ive never done this on wax paper but it's worked on many other surfaces)

Does it crackle and sparkle when you smoke it with direct flame? If it does then there is still hella solvent and that shit needs to dry out more. If it doesn't then it's more or less solvent free. (I say more or less because it's impossible to completely remove all traces of iso and/or butane. If you want a truly solvent free oil you need a slightly more complicated method and way better solvent.

I know i haven't been extremely descriptive so if anybody needs more information just PM me and i can almost guarantee i can help. :)

Last edited: