Bluelight

Thread: [MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

^ lol a guy growing cannabis opposite a police station! Only if they knew!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chainer View Post
    BHO ends up costing me about 50% more, and while I do like the taste I get a decent bit more, it gets me the same "high". I do QWISO because I can easily do it in a ventilated room within my house, rather than standing outside with piping, drilling holes, and running the risk of the police station literally across the street from seeing me.
    BHO first run.
    QWISO the second.
    if the QWISH is too weak, add some BHO or keif.

3. Collapse Details
    How do you make white hash oil? 
    I know you can make hash and honey oil but how do you make white hash oil? I read something from cannabis alchemy but that is it. Anyone got any info

4. Collapse Details

uhh, you got me beat.

merged

5. Collapse Details

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Cannabis Alchemy, it's an old, outdated and inaccurate book.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm always paranoid that my bho still contains butane...

Having my dish in hot water the whole time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Is there any way to verify if it still contains too much butane for consumption?
    Last edited by Hoes call me santa; 05-12-2011 at 06:56.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hoes call me santa View Post

Having my dish in hot water the oil time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Is there any way to verify if it still contains too much butane for consumption?
    you can vacuum purge it

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^ That consists of putting it in a jar and removing pressure in the said jar? I will try that, can you en-light me on what tool I need to do so, except for the jar with a hole in the top?

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details

Having my dish in hot water the oil time I do the extraction, popping bubbles after they form, then take it inside, whip the oil almost in liquid form on the stove and most of the butane should be out?

Just don't worry about it. Pop the little bubbles and it'll be okay.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    So the strong coughing in the minutes following my hit of bho is something not to worry about?

12. Collapse Details

So the strong coughing in the minutes following my hit of bho is something not to worry about?
    no.

13. Collapse Details

Try smoking it a less harsher way. Make some jelly hash and smoke it in a bong for example.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm already using my oil in my 15" tall bong with an ash catcher with percolators. I have bought a vapor curve skillet only for that purpose and i've been using it since I use oil or so. I thought this was a pretty non-harsh way of smoking it.

I looked up for Jelly Hash, it seems interessting, but would I need bubblebags to get the powdered product or is there a cost efficient way to obtain some potent hash?

Note that the trim I have been using for making oil is pretty old trim that smells hay in a really disgusting way (So it tastes pretty bad also). I have been given a large amount and since that's the only trim I was able to get (and for free) I decided not to waste it. Some old buds in there turned a light brown (literally no more green on the bud), maybe I just shouldn't use that trim anymore...

I also have mid quality buds at home, but haven't smoked them in a while, I might try to do a smaller extraction with buds to see the difference. What do you guys think?

By the way, my throat doesn't hurt at all, it has improved greatly since I haven't smoked in maybe a month now, my thc regime was oil only for the last month, maybe I should lay down on the oil and go back to buds?

P.S. I might have misunderstood your post, Kaywholed. Do you mean I don't have to worry about the coughing, it's normal? I was just so much under the impression that oil would be WAY healthier with no cough and etc that it surprises me and I want to make sure.

2nd Edit : While i'm at it, if anyone has a good link on how to turn oil into wax it would be appreciated, I have only found 1 link yet and want to have many opinions before trying.
    Last edited by Hoes call me santa; 05-12-2011 at 18:20.

15. Collapse Details

Note that the trim I have been using for making oil is pretty old trim that smells hay in a really disgusting way (So it tastes pretty bad also).
    This says it all really. Only use good quality sugar leaves with trichomes and popcorn bud.

I looked up for Jelly Hash, it seems interessting, but would I need bubblebags to get the powdered product or is there a cost efficient way to obtain some potent hash?
    You don't need bubblebags. You could do it with a pair of tights as your filter. Or you could make better tasting hash with a screen so you don't wash away terpenes that give the hash it's flavour. Alternatively you could make a sort of screen wrapped around a cylinder which spins like a washing machine (a pollinator).

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thanks for the answer again! I'll use buds next time I run a bho batch. By popcorn buds are you referring to their size? I have never heard that term.

The pollinator looks pretty good! I guess the only thing left if I wanted hash would be to press the powder? And for Jelly hash I simply mix that kief with some bho? If it's the case it seems like a good idea!

I just looked up videos and it doesn't seem too complicated, I will definitely try it when I have valuable sugar leaves.

I think I won't have time this summer to do a guerrilla grow as i'm going on a trip in germany for around a month and half Since i'm leaving at the end of may I could plant some and hope for them to grow, but I would be surprised if I get anything out of this...

If it's not possible i'll keep smoking buds until the time I get quality leaves or until the next year when i'll have all summer long to grow!

17. Collapse Details

Popcorn buds are the ones that are too whispy and small to be worth smoking but too good to throw away. They're the ones lower down on the plant where they don't get as much light, although a good grower won't produce too much of this type of bud if he trims the bottom third of the plant off completely.

If you dig up the soil and plant the plant in the ground and add a mulch and water it really thoroughly you could easily leave it for a month and a half. Lots of people do that, but you would need a really thick mulch at least 6-8" deep. You would also need to ammend the soil with something that will retain water, such as composted vegetable waste or composted manure. Failing that coir or peat (sweetened with dolomite lime to raise the pH) would work. Just ask in the grow section if you want more tips.
    Last edited by Artificial Emotion; 08-12-2011 at 07:23.

18. Collapse Details
    BHO methodology and recipes please 
    Weed
    Trying to get a solid BHO thread going with various methods on how people like to do things, what sort of extraction tube you might be using, the butane your using various supplies. What method you personally use to purge your oil whether it be by vac sealing it or by just running one or two hot water baths.

Genuinely interested in starting a smart discussion on this please.

19. Collapse Details

merged....

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PatricSteerourke View Post
    Trying to get a solid BHO thread going with various methods on how people like to do things, what sort of extraction tube you might be using, the butane your using various supplies. What method you personally use to purge your oil whether it be by vac sealing it or by just running one or two hot water baths.

Genuinely interested in starting a smart discussion on this please.
    okief extraction tube
    colibri tane
    hot water evap.
    Ti skillet to smoke that shit.

21. Collapse Details

Ha, I had some honey over a year ago. finally ran out of it one day when I decided it wasn't getting used fast enough (as always seems to be the case with quality pot products), so I heated the little glass bottle up and poured the remainder on a bowl of og kush.

and like they said, just use a bath of hot water and place the container in it.

and if it doesnt make you cough then somethings not right. youre inhaling oil vapors.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm gonna make a run of BHO with popcorn buds pretty soon, I just have a few questions before doing so.

How fine do I want to grind my material? When I used trim I used a blender until it was almost powdery. I used the blender because I was using big amounts, but I want to run between a quarter and an ounce of buds now, should I use my grinder, scissors or keep with the blender?

Also, the tube I use is quite big. It can fit more than a quarter pound of grinded material, so I am wondering if I should use a tube with a smaller diameter for a small batch because all my material will fit almost 1/3 or 1/4 of my tube I estimated.

If I should use a smaller tube, do you have anything to say about using a PVC tube? I remember reading somewhere that it was not suggested but there was nothing more about it.

Thanks!

23. Collapse Details

It's not necessary to grind to a powder but it might make it a bit easier to deal with. Use a coffee grinder - the bullet style available on that auction website. You could just use a grinder since all you need to be exposing are the trichomes on the bud surface, which means the flowers don't need to be ground down to a powder to liberate the cannabinoid-laden oil.

As for the PVC, I don't know, but I've read some harmful contaminants can get into your oil. You can get a honeybee extractor (or whatever it's called) made of the right materials but I think copper pipe would work fine and be more durable and less prone to explode in your face.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Alright, i'll use my grinder since I only want to make a small batch.

Do you think i'd have any problems with a tube filled only filled to 25% of it's capacity?

And what are your average usage for butane cans per ounce of flowers? I usually use around a can for a ounce and a half of trim.

25. Collapse Details

^ 25% filled with bud? If so sure, that would definitely be fine. I'm not sure about the average amount used because I haven't really kept an eye on that, but I do make sure the buds are all covered by and exposed to the butane to get the most out of them without leaving any resinous trichome oil behind. I would stress that it's very important that you have exactly te right type of butane since most brands available have harmful additives (annoyingly) which show up as a residue if the butane is poured carefully onto a shiny surface like a mirror.

Do you use dry bud or fresh?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast