• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

Hexane is especially toxic, but gasoline is a bad idea mainly because it's really heavy and would pull loads of crap, and also because it has all sorts of additives which make it a good fuel but a terrible solvent for extracts intended for consumption.

Don't do a hexane extraction, n-hexane is really, really toxic. Use heptane or pentane instead (probably heptane), or a branched-chain isomer of hexane. It wouldn't be like a butane extraction, no, hexane is liquid at room temperature and is also heavier so will pull more from the plant.

yeah hexane produce a more liquidy oil. very easy to spread on a joint

Making hash with wild cannabis

i just found about 15 wild cannabis plants growing on my road in illinois. they all are nearly full grown but they already germinated and have little to no bud on any stalk and are mostly seeds. ive heard that trying to smoke wild cannabis buds is pointless because of the low thc levels. But ive seen around about a cold water hash meathod using the shit weed, leaves, stems and seeds. i was going to try to make a batch soon so i woudnt waste these plants. does anyone know if there is enough thc in wild marijuanna/hemp to do a descent cold water extraction? thanks

i need a google map and lat. n long. of this field to answer ur question properly

I've smoked hash oil made from crappy leaves/stems and was able to get quite high from it. But each rolling paper would be just completely smothered with oil and then rolled with tobacco. I would imagine good quality stuff requires much less.

i just found about 15 wild cannabis plants growing on my road in illinois. they all are nearly full grown but they already germinated and have little to no bud on any stalk and are mostly seeds. ive heard that trying to smoke wild cannabis buds is pointless because of the low thc levels. But ive seen around about a cold water hash meathod using the shit weed, leaves, stems and seeds. i was going to try to make a batch soon so i woudnt waste these plants. does anyone know if there is enough thc in wild marijuanna/hemp to do a descent cold water extraction? thanks

Most probably not, but even if there is enough THC to get you high, the ice hash would be so shit that it would be pretty much a waste of time and effort. I wouldn't bother personally.

Mind you I have heard anecdotal reports of people growing and flowering hemp and being able to get nicely high, but this would be pretty unusual and would only be the case for sinsemilla (seedless weed buds). Your ditch weed is seeded and most likely a feral fibre strain, not a drug cultivar.

If I were you I'd just buy some dirt cheap seeds such as from KC Brains (cheapest decent breeder around). A pack of seeds would cost the equivalent of say half the cost of an eighth of weed (very cheap). Then just grow it out using household CFL lamps if you're that desperate for a small personal amount of weed. That would be much more worthwhile than wasting your time with ditchweed.

You'll find smoking ditchweed will probably be very unpleasant and could induce some nasty side effects such as headaches and a nasty cough. It will no doubt taste asolutely shite as well.

You can't ask questions about cannabis in this thread. Luckily, I'm a nice man and I can take you to the right place.

This is the right place. I'm also a knowledgeable man, so will answer your question.
"Isohash" can mean one of two things. It either means a cannabis extract that has been isomerised (a chemical treatment that increases potency), or one that has been made using isopropyl alcohol. So, no, you cannot make "isohash" with ethanol (IMO no product of a solvent extraction should be called "hash" but that's beside the point). You can make hash oil using ethanol though, yes. I must ask, though- why would you? If you are using Everclear or some other drinking alcohol, you have paid duty on it, which makes it a very expensive solvent. Use butane or IPA instead and drink the shit. If you are using denatured alcohol- DON'T! What does the label say on the ethanol?

Last edited:
Woah. I would have never found that post but I was still searching.

I've no fuckin clue what it says on the bottle its in german und mein deutsch ist nicht sehr gut. It's done now anyway. Cleaned my grinder and its evaporating at the moment. What will I be left with? There's still a fair amount of visible plant matter in it.

Its pure pharmaceutical ethanol. Well 98% That was obviously poured from a much bigger bottle in the pharmacy and just has a warning label on it.

I highly doubt its denatured, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I just evaporated a little on its own to save some time and yep I was left with an oily residue. Rubbed my cigarette in it. Kinda works.

I did it with a whole lot more and it defo works. Tastes very sweet for some reason. I'm a thick cunt though because now I have oil all over my grinder.

Last edited:
I just grinded 4 oz's of dried leaf & covered (in glass jar w/ lid) with 91% Isopropyl alcohol...Is it a bad idea to soak it over a half hour ? I just wanted to make sure all the THC is extracted (being it's not 99% Iso Alc.) I'm not worried about the chlorophyll because the leaf was sweat cured (extracting most of the chlorophyll)...

Last edited:
91%? You want 99%. The 91% will take bloody ages to evaporate because of the water content.

Yeah, I figured that in (a 90 degree "closet" w/ forced ventilation and a variable speed fan. I'm more concerned about the soak time, your input would be appreciated, A E... what else would I be extracting that would'nt be desireable ?

I have used this proccess with pulverized poppy heads before & it worked quite well -
just dont want to pull anything outta the cannabis leaf that would harsh the buzz...

Last edited:
I just grinded 4 oz's of dried leaf & covered (in glass jar w/ lid) with 91% Isopropyl alcohol...Is it a bad idea to soak it over a half hour ? I just wanted to make sure all the THC is extracted (being it's not 99% Iso Alc.) I'm not worried about the chlorophyll because the leaf was sweat cured (extracting most of the chlorophyll)...

Your looking at 30-45seconds before your getting severely diminished returns.

QWISO is the standard. That is Quick Wash ISO extraction.

If your concerned about getting everything do two runs. A QWISO then a long run.

Your looking at 30-45seconds before your getting severely diminished returns.

QWISO is the standard. That is Quick Wash ISO extraction.

If your concerned about getting everything do two runs. A QWISO then a long run.

Why would the end results be "diminished" ?

Why would the end results be "diminished" ?
because the extraction is effiecient.
you get ALOT very quickly (eg (i made this up but would be close but im not a scientist who really knows shit) 95% of thc is extracted within30 seconds. so that means in the next hour or so if you leave it for that long you can only get 5% thc...

because the extraction is effiecient.
you get ALOT very quickly (eg (i made this up but would be close but im not a scientist who really knows shit) 95% of thc is extracted within30 seconds. so that means in the next hour or so if you leave it for that long you can only get 5% thc...

That does'nt make sense to me...high percentage alcohol extracts THC but does not destroy it.

I'm pretty dull,..but I can see that he is saying it's a waste of time to go more than 30 seconds. you already have a 95% extraction. the time required to attempt to extract the other 5% is not worth it. I doubt it can even be done...you're never going to get a 100% extraction.