• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

Hash too sticky???

I just made a decent batch of hash with the IPA extraction. It's really potent but the problem is that it's too sticky! I can't do anything with it, it just gets stuck to my fingers. I can't load a bowl or set up Russian-style or anything.
Is there anything I can do to make it less sticky?

Thanks.

yea thats the biggest problem with oil. Next time I make oil I plan on letting it evap as you already did. Then i plan to dissolve the sticky oil resin into some high proof alcohol (everclear). Try to use as little alcohol as possible to dissolve at all and then you can store it in a tincture bottle.

You can then drop a few drops on a skillet, into a j, or on top of a bowl. Wait several minutes for the alcohol evaporate before you smoke and your good to go. This is all in theory, however, as I actually have not tried it yet.

I just added baking soda. It's an old hippy trick. It solidifies it, then I just keep it in the freezer.

Mixing in kief or weed dust can help solidify your product.

First time I made QWISO hash the same thing happened to me. Add baking soda, mix it around, and throw it in the freezer.

Freeze it and it becomes brittle. Once frozen you can scrape it into a lump.

I've been lately smoking BHO in a crackpipe and it seems very effective.

Use a piece of wire to pick up a blob of oil. Heat the wire with a lighter and the oil will become runny, allowing you to drop it on a suitable target.

Use a piece of wire to pick up a blob of oil. Heat the wire with a lighter and the oil will become runny, allowing you to drop it on a suitable target.

dentistry tools (stainless steel) are the best for working with extracts

dude I have some hash OIL that me and a friend made and it is the most dankest, most potent shit ever. I honestly haven't been as high as I was the other day since the FIRST time I EVER got high, it was fucking incredible to experience that again. Honestly you only need like 0.005 grams of that shit (it's pure THC) and you are just high as fuck for hours. It's absolutely insane.

Say if you have about a 8~ ft plant choppd up in a plastic bag, could i chop it up finely and soak it in alcohol and then let that diussolve for a bubble hast type effect? is there anything to be had from the clippings?

Mixing in kief or weed dust can help solidify your product.
That is what I would do and it works good.

Here are sold old pic of iso oil I made.
NSFW:
bha.jpg

bh72.jpg

bh8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PL, I hate to break it to you but your oil is not pure THC.

Put powdered perc 30 w/ tricomes in a press to make a nice Kief rock witha buzz

^Why did you do that? Smoking pills is a terrible idea, and ruining hash is just as bad an idea, and when you combine them it's a terrible idea.

Don't do a hexane extraction, n-hexane is really, really toxic. Use heptane or pentane instead (probably heptane), or a branched-chain isomer of hexane. It wouldn't be like a butane extraction, no, hexane is liquid at room temperature and is also heavier so will pull more from the plant.

nice.

i want to do a hexane extraction...

That would be vaguely similar to using gasoline. Bad idea.

What's wrong with butane? 8( You might get slightly less but you're rewarded with higher purity product.

Alternatively just use isopropyl alcohol!