• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Suboxone Films

moonshield06

Bluelighter
Hey guys. I've been on suboxone films for over a year now, and even to this day...if I wait 24 hours between doses, if I take a 8mg strip, I do feel a mild buzz. Call me crazy and lucky huh!

Anyway, to the point of the post. Recently, I've been deciding to give IV'ing these things a try. Here is my plan of attack with how I handle that. Let me first say, no I do not have micron filters. I wish I did have, and will probably invest in some as time goes back.

I take about 70/CC of water into a container. I then take 4mg(half) of a strip and break it down into as many small pieces as I can. I let that soak in the 70 units of water for at least 15-20 minutes without even touching it. Once 20 minute passes by, I start to stir the solution pretty well. At this point, I can tell the solution is still someone cloudy. I draw the solution up into my syringe. What I do next is clean off my original container, and squirt the solution back into the container, and add a brand new piece of clean cotton. I draw the solution back up, but still not as clear as I'd like it to be. So, I take that step one more time...squirt it back out, stir, and filter it back up through a new clean cotton. Making a total of 3 times. At this point, the solution is pretty clear. Maybe not crystal clear, but cleaner than any heroin I've shot in my day that's for sure.

I want to know if this is something people have tried. I know that since I don't have a micron filter, I do risk running into some issues, but because of triple filtering I feel like I've gotten everything out that I could of gotten. The reason I do this is because normally I take 8mg sublingually, and I figure if I can get away with injecting 4mg, I'll be saving more in the long run. It's not something I want to get into a habit of doing(HOPEFULLY).

Now, I gotta say...I do get a SLIGHT rush doing this. Not a rush like from a full opiate agonist, but a rush as in "woo I feel happy!" just like a suboxone buzz is like.

Basically, I ask you bluelighters if this is a smart thing to do. I've been reading and searching up on the internet and from everything I've found -- it states the suboxone films actually have much less filler in them that could cause potential harm. Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts? I don't see much talk of people injecting the suboxone films, it's always the tab. And let me just make things clear for all the non-believers that we have running rampant. The Naloxone is INERT. It does NOTHING, even if injected. The bupe outcompetes the recepters and it's like it's not even present.

Just figured I'd spark some conversation. Mods, if you feel like moving this to another section please feel free to do so. I just couldn't find a threat that was dedicatedly solely to injecting suboxone FILMS. I see talks about tablets everywhere, but not much reports from users who are indeed injecting the films. So far with my technique, everything has been working well. I am not getting high, but I am getting that mild buzz/mood lift instantaneously.

Thanks buds.

-A fellow bluelighter.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CONDONE USING YOUR SUBOXONE IN ANY OTHER WAY BESIDES THE DIRECTED ROA WHICH IS SUBLINGUAL.

Injecting 4mg is a huge amount, even at your tolernace. I'd see if you couldn't get away with less, like 1mg... Bupe is very potent.

IV carries risks, especially when not using a micron filter. There are mixed reports with people shooting these strips, the bottom lime is that we really don't know exactly the risks. I'd personally rather dissolve in saline and snort the strips as it is very efficient as well (also gives much better effects than sublingual IMO), but it's your call in the end.

Injecting 4mg is a huge amount, even at your tolernace. I'd see if you couldn't get away with less, like 1mg... Bupe is very potent.

IV carries risks, especially when not using a micron filter. There are mixed reports with people shooting these strips, the bottom lime is that we really don't know exactly the risks. I'd personally rather dissolve in saline and snort the strips as it is very efficient as well (also gives much better effects than sublingual IMO), but it's your call in the end.

I appreciate your concern. I know it's a healthy amount of bupe to be injecting but I've been on suboxone maintenance for close to 2 years now. I used to be taking 32mg a clip at one point. Anyway, I took the shot of 4mg and felt just happy. No labored breathing or anything. I feel ya though. Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe next time I inject I'll start with 1mg or so?

My opiate tolerance is jacked so high due to being on bupe therapy for 2 years now that the amount of opiates I'd need to get high is pretty out of this world. Regardless, I know not to underestimate buprenorphine. My goal though is to find that magic number so i can feel the norbupe and try to catch some kind of buzz off it. Like I said, taking 8mg sublingually gives me a tiny buzz for about 2 hours. If anyone else has any experience shooting the strips please chime in to this thread!

I'm not really feeling the saline solution intranasal technique though, I have to be completely honest with you. I figure the fastest way it's going to get to my brain is via the blood stream. All in all, it's about saving as much bupe as I can because lately I've been running out a couple days in advance and had no choice but to score a bundle or so of good dope just to hold me over till my next dr visit(who I thank GOD does not drug test. Awesome man.)

You definitely want to be micron filtering if at all possible.

1mg is also a more realistic dosage. 4mg is just too much.

Check out the Suboxone film strip thread as I have posted pictures of what it looks like filtered and unfiltered.

Finaly...

1 ml = 1 cc = 100 units.

Wait, the films have already been out for over a year?

No fuckin' way. There's no way time goes by the fast. Sorry to be slightly irrelevant but i could of sworn the strips came out like late 2010. Has it really been a year already since they came out..?

^I started the Suboxone film thread in September of last year... Surely they were out at least a few weeks before that, but my friend was the first person I remember hearing about with them (anywhere in the USA). I'd say August/ September of last year is a pretty safe estimate.

If someone bothers to look it up, I'm curious to know the exact date as well...

^seems the press release announcing fda approval came out on 08/31/2010. so i imagine it started showing up in september (and this lines up with my recollections.)

True, so it hasn't been a full year yet. I didn't think it had been - not to derail the thread, sorry about that.

Be careful!!!

Hey guys. I've been on suboxone films for over a year now, and even to this day...if I wait 24 hours between doses, if I take a 8mg strip, I do feel a mild buzz. Call me crazy and lucky huh!

Anyway, to the point of the post. Recently, I've been deciding to give IV'ing these things a try. Here is my plan of attack with how I handle that. Let me first say, no I do not have micron filters. I wish I did have, and will probably invest in some as time goes back.

I take about 70/CC of water into a container. I then take 4mg(half) of a strip and break it down into as many small pieces as I can. I let that soak in the 70 units of water for at least 15-20 minutes without even touching it. Once 20 minute passes by, I start to stir the solution pretty well. At this point, I can tell the solution is still someone cloudy. I draw the solution up into my syringe. What I do next is clean off my original container, and squirt the solution back into the container, and add a brand new piece of clean cotton. I draw the solution back up, but still not as clear as I'd like it to be. So, I take that step one more time...squirt it back out, stir, and filter it back up through a new clean cotton. Making a total of 3 times. At this point, the solution is pretty clear. Maybe not crystal clear, but cleaner than any heroin I've shot in my day that's for sure.

I want to know if this is something people have tried. I know that since I don't have a micron filter, I do risk running into some issues, but because of triple filtering I feel like I've gotten everything out that I could of gotten. The reason I do this is because normally I take 8mg sublingually, and I figure if I can get away with injecting 4mg, I'll be saving more in the long run. It's not something I want to get into a habit of doing(HOPEFULLY).

Now, I gotta say...I do get a SLIGHT rush doing this. Not a rush like from a full opiate agonist, but a rush as in "woo I feel happy!" just like a suboxone buzz is like.

Basically, I ask you bluelighters if this is a smart thing to do. I've been reading and searching up on the internet and from everything I've found -- it states the suboxone films actually have much less filler in them that could cause potential harm. Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts? I don't see much talk of people injecting the suboxone films, it's always the tab. And let me just make things clear for all the non-believers that we have running rampant. The Naloxone is INERT. It does NOTHING, even if injected. The bupe outcompetes the recepters and it's like it's not even present.

Just figured I'd spark some conversation. Mods, if you feel like moving this to another section please feel free to do so. I just couldn't find a threat that was dedicatedly solely to injecting suboxone FILMS. I see talks about tablets everywhere, but not much reports from users who are indeed injecting the films. So far with my technique, everything has been working well. I am not getting high, but I am getting that mild buzz/mood lift instantaneously.

Thanks buds.

-A fellow bluelighter.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CONDONE USING YOUR SUBOXONE IN ANY OTHER WAY BESIDES THE DIRECTED ROA WHICH IS SUBLINGUAL.

guys, i ended up shooting 1mg of the suboxone, it was the film btw. DO NOT THINK THAT THE NALAXONE IS INERT...that shit will fuck up your day so quick its not even funny.

Ive been on a pretty heavy bender these past two weeks...i was shooting over a gram a day of some great raw cuz i got into some money. anyway, i was on suboxone before that, and i only had a quarter of a strip left.
I ran out of money yesterday around noon, and I ended up feelin a little ill by around 9pm. To avoid going the night feeling ill, and in the hopes of getting a good night sleep, i ended up trying to get the most out of the little amount of sub i had by preparing a shot of half that quarter strip, so 1mg of bupe, .25 of the nalaxone.

what happened next was by far the worst experience of my life. I did the shot, filtered nicely, and as soon as I took off the tie, I got this overwhelming feeling.8o I immediately felt vertigo, my whole body became drenched in sweat, I felt my stomach turn into knots, feelin massive upset stomach both ways, my arms and legs got that horrible aching feeling, and my heart began beating insanely quick. If I thought i was feeling a little ill before that, I was very wrong. I went from feeling kinda alright to the illest I ever felt in my whole life within 30 seconds. I started to panic, I put the other part of the strip i had left under my tongue, and crawled in my bed and began rocking. i ended up passing out i dont know how, and i woke up around midnight, feeling slightly better. i had the feeling you get when you detoxed for about 4 days, and you are starting to recover, but you got that residue sensitivity and aching. my sweats went away and my stomach started to feel better, but i was probably a 7 instead of an 11 on the sick scale. i couldnt sleep until about 4am. I woke up this morning and went and got myself some dope and did a huge shot, and then i felt better. im still feeling weak and fatigued since that whole ordeal.

so if you are going to shoot this shit, make sure you already have the suboxone in your system, and that you havent had a full agonist in quite some time. it would probably have been better if i was already on maintenance, and then i had done a shot like that after maybe 24 hours from my last dose.

just thought i would warn you guys, and let you know that the nalaxone does kick in.
i thought i was going to die...:X

DONT SHOOT THE STRIPS!!!

I used micron filters... and these damn strips clogged and hardened my veins after shooting into them only a few times...

I would cotton filter the strip first... then push the solution through a micron filter...

and now my previously HUGE bulging veins in the crook of my left arm are hardened and useless.

DO NOT INJECT THESE especially without a micron filter... imagine what they do to your lungs and the veins in your heart if it clogs the vein you shoot into immediately...

I had a VERY bad reaction when shooting a film. Haven't tried since. I don't see why it'd be different than a pill tho. Just make sure to use a micron filter!

my personal experience - I have shot both the pills and the stips (never used a micron filter, shit i never even cotton filtered it more then once) the strips are cooler because you can put a lot more sub in their then with the pills, I have personally shot up 24mg at once and although no buzz I nodded super hard about 20 minutes into it. but to be honest its really not worth it, the reason you got on subs was to NOT be shooting shit up. with that said your body your mind your choice, just please be careful, I stopped doing this a while ago and when I read the case study forum I realized just how dumb and naive I was, and am super grateful to not ever had any complications.

oh and btw Bupe is NOT 100% water soluble, I'm pretty sure it's actually only 50% water soluble, so 24mg =12 of bupe and 7.5 nalaxone

Last edited:
DONT SHOOT THE STRIPS!!!

I used micron filters... and these damn strips clogged and hardened my veins after shooting into them only a few times...

I would cotton filter the strip first... then push the solution through a micron filter...

and now my previously HUGE bulging veins in the crook of my left arm are hardened and useless.

DO NOT INJECT THESE especially without a micron filter... imagine what they do to your lungs and the veins in your heart if it clogs the vein you shoot into immediately...
What gauges do you use to inject with? How many times were you injecting per day?

I haven't had any negative reactions from it.

It is also a good idea to check out the IV/Injection Complication Mega Thread & FAQ, which will describe many ailments/issues that arise when people begin injecting drugs.

Hardened veins now useless after IV'ing Suboxone strips!!!!

I IV'ed 1/4 of a strip a few times with not much issue but after those few times and a 1/2 strip shot, both my inner elbow veins are hard as rocks and HURT. Does anyone know if this will ever go away?? I've just lost the only places I can hit easily. :( :( :(

my personal experience - I have shot both the pills and the stips (never used a micron filter, shit i never even cotton filtered it more then once) the strips are cooler because you can put a lot more sub in their then with the pills, I have personally shot up 24mg at once and although no buzz I nodded super hard about 20 minutes into it. but to be honest its really not worth it, the reason you got on subs was to NOT be shooting shit up. with that said your body your mind your choice, just please be careful, I stopped doing this a while ago and when I read the case study forum I realized just how dumb and naive I was, and am super grateful to not ever had any complications.

oh and btw Bupe is NOT 100% water soluble, I'm pretty sure it's actually only 50% water soluble, so 24mg =12 of bupe and 7.5 nalaxone

That is NOT how solubility works. Substances(such as bupe) have a set solubility in water, depending on temperature and if any thing else is present.

http://www.elephantcare.org/Drugs/buprenor.htm

^This site says it's 17mg/ml, so as long as you don't exceed that, your fine(granted it is a vet site, but still)

Oh and the bullshit about the strips hardening up your veins is either:
A: Bullshit fear-mongering or
B: they have no clue what they are talking about, and collapsed they're vein or fucked they're arm up because they don't know what they're doing.
In either case, it is a crock of shit: if anything, the strips are better for IV use, because of much, much less filler.

My advice??? CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!

If you don't micron filter let me know how your veins are in a year dude

^ My veins are fine and I've been injecting a few years. That does not mean it is healthy, nor am I a typical case in any sense. But saying the strips are worse than the pills isn't even true, and borderline reckless, because they have much less filler than the pills.

And as far as the micron filter, one poster claims he had trouble after using a micron filter, which I find odd since I myself have IV'ed the strips without micron-filtering and had no problems. Just read Captain Heroin's posts on this subject...

Suboxone.. I was freaked out

I'm pretty sure this is the best place for this thread, if not can I get some guidance?

Well hey bL. I'm not really sure where to start.

(For the shorter, "To the point" version, scroll down and look for the info in the quote box. You may have a better understanding reading through the whole post though ;) )

I've (<this is acceptable now no?) been with heroin for a little over 3 years now and about 6 months ago discovered a 31guage that became one of my bestfriends. Not a huge habit, but most certainly a solid addiction.

I've not so much as seen a tiny spec of d in 23 days now. Not that I wanted to quit, but I kind of wanted to save myself from too much of a tolerance (about 1.5g a week) and I had more important things to spend my money on.
I've got some friends that live a couple hours away, and the last pack I copped while I was there I also found a few 8mg suboxone films outside my friends house - which was perfect to help ease through WD for about 2 weeks.

During the time of the ^above situation my license was suspended, and will be till december.

To keep this from being any longer than it has to be; I've got extra cash now and I'm ready for my devilsh friend heroin. I'm not really willing to drive due to said legal reasons, and that's the only way I'm gonna score. I should mention I had a ride planned out for today, but the back story to that is complex , and that didn't fall through my ride bailed; as you may imagine getting all ready an hyped up for a night and a day then at the last minute it can't happen.
Not the end of the world but I was getting very anxious, I work tomorrow, I know myself and there is no way I was going to fall asleep easy tonight nor at a good time.
I also have a major fixation on loading my rig, sticking the vein perfect, and I Love when I draw back and see that flash of blood ploom into the barrel.

Having IV'd a .5mg shot of these films once in the past and my body being completely free from opiates, I decided it would be a grand idea to do just this tonight.

Not paying much focus to the suboxone, I planned on using .5mg but ended up using 1mg, I loaded it up, registered, and took the plunge.
After about 5 seconds I experienced a very opiate-like but very odd rush that lasted for around 3 minutes.
+15 Seconds in: my skin got/felt very hot, in some what of a 'wave' fashion, my body got cold (Skin hot, body cold - got it?)

+50 Seconds in: my hands started tingling, not real intense but more than noticeable. Hot skin and cold body for the entire experience.

+1.30min in: my vision went on the fritz, colors became brilliantly vivid as if I were waiting on an intense lsd experience that was just about to kick in and kick my ass

+2.00min in: vivid colors (not hallucinated colors, just pure vivid colors already here with me) start to turn into the purple, white, and black spotted static explosion waves that consume my vision from outwards in as when I'm extremely light-headed about to pass out, or about to pass out in general. So I try to fight it and calm myself down at the same time with some deep breaths and a calming force/aura around myself (just a mode/tranceish I've learned to use pretty well)

+2.30min in: I'm heading to the bathroom to inspect myself, see if I'm really pouring sweat as it felt like. Grabbed a washcloth ran under cold water and kept re-applying for about 30 seconds.

After the third minute (which seemed like an eternity) this 'rush' gradually subsided, and has only become a slight discomforted feeling at most.

While I was able to get my heart to stop racing, it was beating very hard still.

From the very beginning of this experience it didn't feel right, the entire time I was sure something had gone wrong and someone would be stumbling across my corps tomorrow. Though trying to keep myself calm and trying to be at peace with myself in case those were my last minutes to breathe.

I didn't know it was possible to get this very odd rush from suboxone.

I came here to write this tonight for a couple of reasons.

First and foremostimportantly (<Yep) I'd like to ask does any of this sound.... negative, unhealthy, riskful, or maybe something I should pay close attention to over the next few days or get checked out?

Second because earlier in the night had consumed some alcohol, 5 beers, and some diphenhydramine(Benydryl) and needed something to keep me awake for a little bit (note most of the detail) just to make sure I don't pass out or suffer from too much CNS depression.

Third, has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? With suboxone of course, or buprenorphine in the least.

I'm still a little anxious but I feel safe enough to relax now & the suboxone has calmed me down enough to where I'll be able to fall asleep now.
I don't know about you guys and girls but it's always a terrible experience for me to try to sleep without something filling some opiate receptors, even if it's just a little - or mary jane at least. I don't know what the fuck I'll do when the time comes and I want to stop smoking and using drugs (either for as long as I can or a little while even)

Anyways, if you stuck with it this whole time then thank you - I respect your dedication
Any input would be sweet, take care

Last edited:
It's normal, but use a micron filter if you like injectting (check the OD directory in my signature).

It's normal, but use a micron filter if you like injectting (check the OD directory in my signature).

Now I'm confused that you've merged the threads. Also, I noticed this thread right after I posted mine so I apologize.

Anyways. Was this directed towards me?