• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Suboxone Films

guys, i ended up shooting 1mg of the suboxone, it was the film btw. DO NOT THINK THAT THE NALAXONE IS INERT...that shit will fuck up your day so quick its not even funny.

Ive been on a pretty heavy bender these past two weeks...i was shooting over a gram a day of some great raw cuz i got into some money. anyway, i was on suboxone before that, and i only had a quarter of a strip left.
I ran out of money yesterday around noon, and I ended up feelin a little ill by around 9pm. To avoid going the night feeling ill, and in the hopes of getting a good night sleep, i ended up trying to get the most out of the little amount of sub i had by preparing a shot of half that quarter strip, so 1mg of bupe, .25 of the nalaxone.

what happened next was by far the worst experience of my life. I did the shot, filtered nicely, and as soon as I took off the tie, I got this overwhelming feeling.8o I immediately felt vertigo, my whole body became drenched in sweat, I felt my stomach turn into knots, feelin massive upset stomach both ways, my arms and legs got that horrible aching feeling, and my heart began beating insanely quick. If I thought i was feeling a little ill before that, I was very wrong. I went from feeling kinda alright to the illest I ever felt in my whole life within 30 seconds. I started to panic, I put the other part of the strip i had left under my tongue, and crawled in my bed and began rocking. i ended up passing out i dont know how, and i woke up around midnight, feeling slightly better. i had the feeling you get when you detoxed for about 4 days, and you are starting to recover, but you got that residue sensitivity and aching. my sweats went away and my stomach started to feel better, but i was probably a 7 instead of an 11 on the sick scale. i couldnt sleep until about 4am. I woke up this morning and went and got myself some dope and did a huge shot, and then i felt better. im still feeling weak and fatigued since that whole ordeal.

so if you are going to shoot this shit, make sure you already have the suboxone in your system, and that you havent had a full agonist in quite some time. it would probably have been better if i was already on maintenance, and then i had done a shot like that after maybe 24 hours from my last dose.

just thought i would warn you guys, and let you know that the nalaxone does kick in.
i thought i was going to die...:X

That's definately Precipitated withdrawal. Due to the short amout of time between having dope then shooting up the Sub, the Buprenorphine may have caused the PW, one it's own or in unison with the Naloxone

SWIM has been IV'ing the strips for about 3 months. Their veins are fine and he usually only goes into one but in different locations. He recently missed about 10cc of the shot (He stopped as soon as he felt it burn...it burned like hell) and although there is no noticeable spot when he touches it, it hurts a lot. I'm sure it will be fine..??

I also have another question witch is a really bad thing that happen.. SWIM had a needle break off into his arm about a year ago and there are no signs of it getting worse and never hurts (only if i try to IV into the same spot witch only did once and didn't know why he did it in the first place) only when its very cold. Do you think he is in the clear or what do you think he should do.

Pls all comments something helpful.

There is no "swim" here.

Are you saying that the tip of your syringe broke off in you're arm, and it's now stuck in there, for over a year?? That is not good man. I would seriously get that checked out. If that point somehow got pushed into an arterie you could have some very serious problems.

I´ve been usin the Norspan-patches which of course aren´t what were asked but still..

I cut the dosage from the patch and put in to tiny bowl with some 60% vodka which I think is quite clean after the alcohol has vaporated out of the stuff. Still I add some sterile seline to do the shot. Then just plug it in to vein. I´ll try to filter as carefully as possible but just now I´m out of micron filters and sterifilters. Both are on the menu when I shop next time some supplies. I believe I´ll have a small "clean" brake now.

Before this method I used Isopropylalcohol to use thos and it was pure shit. My both big veins in the bend of arms are ruined because of that shit and wit filtering witf some cotton..

Please peopple - if you money to buy these stuff, spend some extra money on good gears - good syringes and sharp small needles and to filtering even Sterifilt is good but Micronfiltering is THE ONLY best solution!!

-Hooddood78

I like to use subs as maintenance, the only thing that sucks is the transition period. Waiting to get sick is not fun.

I start off with half a strip, 1/4 just leaves me wanting more in 2 hours. So Day 1 is 4 mg, Day 2 is 2 mg, and Day 3 and so on is 1 mg if that's all I need.

Stick the strip in the spoon, toss in some water, and wait 3 min for it to start dissolving. Then I stir it around with my orange tip until it liquifies, toss in a cotton, and go to town. It doesn't set on right away, it usually takes a couple minutes, but then I feel nice and mellow, get a small body buzz, and best of all STOP FIENDING.

I like shooting the strips so much better than the tablets. The naloxene only affects me if I can't wait and dose my sub about 12 hours after my last oxy. Even then all I get is a chill and maybe feel the need to move my bowels (this goes away in a minute or two and is never overwhelming). My habit is pretty tame by daily standards, sometimes 30 mg oxycodone is all I get for 2 days, but my body goes through hell if it gets nothing at all.

I'm new here so hopefully this is the kind of thing y'all are looking for in these posts. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) contributing something worthwhile every once in a while. Stay safe and stay kickin'!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I like turtles.

I hear your concern and i was doing the SWIM thing because i didnt know how it worked here. About the situation I have, I have talked to people and read up and everything a lot of people are saying even if you go to the doctor he will say there's no threat at the moment and only come back if it hurts or anything. Witch i would do if anything started to hurt i do not wanna loose my arm. Also, its in my arm not close to my vein and is more sideways in than going down. Has anyone had this happen???? And what did the doctor do or tell you. Pls help. And if anyone here knows where i can ask this pls tell me since im new around here. Thanks.

when you use the suboxone too soon after using another opiate and feel sick its still not from the naloxone its from the bupe. bupe has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors than the naloxone so its just floating aroung your receptors unable to bind to them because the suboxone kicks it off the receptor. that also happens to all the other opiates in your system so thats why if youre on opaites and you take a small amount of subooxone(not enough to fulfill your tolerance) you will feel sick because you didnt take enough suboxone.

now if you take it sublingually then it takes about an hour to kick in so even if you did take enough you would feel sick for about an hour until it fully kicks in. if you shoot it it takes about 15 minutes.

and as far as shooting goes i know alot of people who rip the stripp into peices and load it into the back of the needle and suck up some warm water and shake it up until it dissolves. theyve been doing this for over a year daily without any issues. i dont recommend this because i dont know how safe it is. the only benifit i can see from it is it being steril. right from the wrapper right into a steril needle with steril water. no spoon. no cotton possibly adding dirt or germs.
but i dont know if everything in the strip is soluble(i would think so, thats what its made for... to dissolve) and even if it all is... is it all safe to inject.

I hear your concern and i was doing the SWIM thing because i didnt know how it worked here. About the situation I have, I have talked to people and read up and everything a lot of people are saying even if you go to the doctor he will say there's no threat at the moment and only come back if it hurts or anything. Witch i would do if anything started to hurt i do not wanna loose my arm. Also, its in my arm not close to my vein and is more sideways in than going down. Has anyone had this happen???? And what did the doctor do or tell you. Pls help. And if anyone here knows where i can ask this pls tell me since im new around here. Thanks.

I have heard of things like this happening before, which is why I was concerned. I knew a girl who's boyfriend was shooting dope, and the tip of the syringe broke off right in the vein. It didn't travel through the vein, but it was still pretty disturbing.

By disturbing do you mean it sucked that it happen or do you mean he had to have his arm cut off? And how long did he wait to go get it taken care of and all that? All i know is that it was a new needle so no germs or whatever, and it was one of those really small tip ones so its not like huge metal in there. what i dont get is people have bullets or metal rods or anything metal put in them and thats not bad i dont understand how this could hurt me.

and as far as shooting goes i know alot of people who rip the stripp into peices and load it into the back of the needle and suck up some warm water and shake it up until it dissolves. theyve been doing this for over a year daily without any issues. i dont recommend this because i dont know how safe it is. t

umm... yeah........ wtf?

Ive been shooting the strips for over a year or so and have had no problems tha doesnt usually come with shooting up with anything else and I only use a cotton filter once and Ive so far been fine.

I have a friend that did that and he had to go to the ER to get it removed.

honestly sounds like one of two things. well actually could be two of two things lol. Either cotton fever, or precipitated withdrawls. I know you said you hadn't had any opiates in your system but are you 100% sure? Heroin can stay in your body up to 4 days. I'm not sure about other opiates. Also, I have found that cotton fever and precipitated withdrawls feel very similar. So it might have been that, or a combination of both. By the way I have been IVing the strips, 4mg twice a day (trying to get down to 2mg twice a day then eventually 1mg twice a day since I hear there is a possibility of achieving slight euphoria at a lesser dose) for about 2 months, but I have never had any problems, knock on wood! I use a regular cotton ball to filter, and about 70cc's of water per 4mg dose. Injecting has changed my opinion on subs completely. Although I do not get any real euphoria from it, I do not crave heroin at all from an injected dose....ok maybe a little bit lol

It really is true that less is more, especially with IV suboxone. I bet you wouldn't have much trouble cutting down to two mg a day IV, the tough part comes when you're shooting under a mg a day, but once you get there, it's worth it as you definately feel a noticeable boost from your shots (I would compare the buzz at low dosages to how low dosages of methadone feel, an increase in energy, and a nice kind of opiate induced mania).

When I injected suboxone, I too started off shooting 4 mg a day, but found that lowering my shots down to 1mg produced the same exact effect, and similarly .5mg felt fine too. It was then just a matter of doing less shots throughout the day, which can be a little tough, but after about 4 days between each dosage decrease, I would feel relatively stable. When your under 2mg of IV suboxone, that is when it starts to become more euphoric. When I got down to shooting .2mg per shot, I would actually get that dope taste in my mouth after injection. I don't want to overhype it too much though, it's never going to feel like a full agonist (unless you skip days in between dosing.) But it definately provides a lift. I currently take 1mg of suboxone sublingually, and I also get a similar stimulating effect.

Also, when you're injecting suboxone, it's a good idea to get a micron filter. If you don't, you should make sure to rotate you're injection sites, because suboxone can be a burden on the veins.

I just started to IV about .5 mg of subs and i filter twice with cottons and seem to react fine. Its actually the only thing i have IVed, smoking is usualky my method of choice. My mixture is a tiny bit cloudy when all said and done but barely of course since im only using a small amount in about 20 units of water from a insulin needle.

Suboxone injection problems

I'm really concerned here and you guys would really help me out if you know of anyone who has seen a similar problem.

I've been injecting subs for the last several years. Honestly, it does not get me high or anything, it's was just a much easier method to take my Bup each day as I never really had much luck with sublingual ingestion.

Last week I was injecting the big vein on the back of my forearm, and within an hour after I finished that big vein was hard as a rock and big. Now i've lost little pinned veins here and there, but this really scared me because its a huge vein and now its been a couple weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The hardness goes right up to my elbow and it's even starting to ache a little at time up higher. i'm so afraid that this is some kind of emergency situation but i'm scared to death of seeing a doctor because i know my doc will kick me out of the program should he find out that i "abused" the bups by using them IV.

Has anyone else had a big vein like this just go hard quickly like this? Did it eventually shrink or what happened if so.
PLEASE!!PLEASE!! if you have a similar experience, please tell me about it, even with other types of drugs. I really need to know of this is something that could be really dangerous that I need to go to the hospital for or something...

Yeah, ^ that happened to me when I was shooting my suboxone. Leave it alone and it will probably heal, but I would rethink using your subs IV everyday without a micron filter. Rectal buprenorphine has the exact same come on as IV, it lasts longer, and it doesn't fuck with your veins. The only difference is the BA, you'd have to use roughly 2x the ammount of bupe you use when you IV, but it pays off because the longer duration means less dosing.

Thanks Znegative, but couple questions. What's the biggest vein that you F'd up ? This vein on the back of my arm is like the size of a pencil. Will it eventually shrink back down? Has not gotten worse and it doesn't hurt at all and is not red. No signs of infection or anything. I just think the stuff was too concentrated and really shocked the vein like injecting acid or something. Also, may sound stupid but how to go about rectal Bup. my doc insists on the film. I've heard you can mix with saline and snort. help me understand my options as I can't
be shooting this stuff any longer. I'm relieved to hear this has happened to others but curious how bad it was and what happened over time. Thanks !!!

My left basilic vein (the one doctors always go for on the crook of your arm) was the one that got fucked up after repeatedly injecting suboxone into it. It protruded more than usual, but felt hard, as of it had turned into a thick metal wire. I left it alone for about a month, and it healed up fine, however that vein has long ago collapsed due to using other drugs, and not switching up injection sites (which really is a must if you're an IV drug user).

You basically prepare suboxone, or any other pill for rectal administration the same way that you would if you were going to IV it. Just dissolve it in water, and suck it up with an oral syringe (or cut the top off of an insuline syringe-make sure that you cut off not just the needle though, you want to pretty much cut off the whole apparatus that the needle is connected to, so when you look down the barrel you see a small hole that is visible to the eye). Then you just lay down on your side and insert the tip of the syringe (without a needle once again lol), into your rectum, and slowly inject. Whenever I've plugged drugs, I usually continue to lay down on my side for about two minutes to make sure that it gets nicely absorbed. The bupe should hit you just about as fast as it would had you mainlined it.

It's also a good thing to try and take a shit before you do this, as you don't want the drug to be absorbed into your feces of course. I really do recommend this ROA if you can't stand taking it sublingually. IMO, the only disadvantage it has compared to IV is the lower BA, but it is still pretty high, about on par with sniffing it.

I've only injected the strips, but I've never had any problems. I simply filtered it with a piece of cotton from a q-tip, and it worked fine.

For those shooting it use cold water, not warm, and don't user more water than needed. Bupe, and naloxone are opiates and will dissolve fine in cold water.

Simply put it in a cap, and use the plunger to mix it up, and the whole strip will dissolve. Then put a piece of cotton in the cap, and suck it up. You will have a slightly cloudy solution. If you want you can take a new cap, spray the water into it, and use a new cotton to filter it all up again.

Do not shoot these films, terrible reaction!

I shot up 2mg of suboxone film tonight for the first time and I would suggest to NEVER do it. The second I untied a rush of heat went over my entire body, I had a very hard time breathing, my face turned beat red and my heart was racing and pounding so hard. It felt like I was about to fall out. I was shaking and I couldn't stand. All of these symptoms lasted for about 10 minutes but it felt like an hour. I was about to call my mom to come over I was that scared I was going to fall out.
After these symptoms went away my eyes were really itchy, I looked in the mirror and found that my eyes were beat red, I looked evil, I have never seen my eyes that red. No matter how many times I put eye drops in this did not go away for 2-2 1/2 hours. It has been 4 hours since shooting up and I still have a severe pain in my chest especially where my heart is.

I havent touched dope for a week and a half and have been taking 8mg of subs since then. I have been off subs since sept 2011 and when I took them again in march 2012 I did not get that high I got when I first went on them. I have no idea why I had such a bad reaction to shooting the films when no one else seemed to feel this way. Perhaps I did too much, I just thought since I was taking 8mg for 10 days that shooting 2mg like everyone suggested would be ok, apparently I was wrong.

So I suggest not shooting this for you don't know how your body will react, and like others have said we have no idea the long term damage but feeling the short term, I can't imagine it to be good.

Has these symptoms happened to anyone else???