• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Suboxone Films

normally I take 8mg sublingually, and I figure if I can get away with injecting 4mg, I'll be saving more in the long run. It's not something I want to get into a habit of doing(HOPEFULLY).

With all due respect here..don't the quoted 2 sentences contradict one another? You want to save more by hitting 4mg's rather than the dissolved 8mg's; but at the same time, not looking to make this a common occurrence.

And regarding the naloxone ..I could very well be wrong in this, so someone with the knowledge please correct me if I am wrong; but it is my understanding that with the suboxone films, the naloxone only comes into relevance when injected. That shooting the suboxone is when the naloxone does its thing.

And regarding the naloxone ..I could very well be wrong in this, so someone with the knowledge please correct me if I am wrong; but it is my understanding that with the suboxone films, the naloxone only comes into relevance when injected. That shooting the suboxone is when the naloxone does its thing.
My understanding is that buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the receptors than naloxone does, so the bupe succesfully out competes the naloxone and binds to the receptors. Whatever the mechanism, from personal experience the naloxone doesn't do shit. I injected 4 mg of Suboxone tonight and I'm pretty toasty now. Nothing crazy but it's definitely working.

My understanding is that buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the receptors than naloxone does, so the bupe succesfully out competes the naloxone and binds to the receptors. Whatever the mechanism, from personal experience the naloxone doesn't do shit. I injected 4 mg of Suboxone tonight and I'm pretty toasty now. Nothing crazy but it's definitely working.

so why even put the naloxone in the suboxone in the first place?

if you take the suboxone sublingually as intended, the naloxone helps prevent constipation and other peripheral (non-CNS) side-effects of using bupe. i'm convinced this is the _actual_ reason why naloxone is included in the suboxone preparation and that all the anti-abuse stuff is just marketing hype.

damn...i just now realized that this thread was started 2 years ago and someone dug it up from the depths of the 'Other Drugs' pit.

anywho... what about the suboxone pills/tabs ... do they have the naloxone as well? And the Subutex does NOT have it, correct? Only the bupe is in the subutex?

damn...i just now realized that this thread was started 2 years ago and someone dug it up from the depths of the 'Other Drugs' pit.

anywho... what about the suboxone pills/tabs ... do they have the naloxone as well? And the Subutex does NOT have it, correct? Only the bupe is in the subutex?

correct. suboxone always has a 4:1 ratio of bupe to naloxone. subutex is straight bupe

i just got the generic Bupe pills,it says generic for subutex..no nalox...but i preffer the subutex for shooting. the new generics are tiny...so its hard to figure your dose

i just got the generic Bupe pills,it says generic for subutex..no nalox...but i preffer the subutex for shooting. the new generics are tiny...so its hard to figure your dose

those sound like the same ones i just got. the 54 411s were much easier to chop into 8ths. but since these are smaller they have less fillers so better for shooting. i've heard though that the strips are actually better for your veins cause they don't have all the talc and shit

I always shoot my strips because I've noticed that if I bang something, then that night I won't have those god awful dreams about mainlining heroin.
This is how I shoot them:
For a whole strip I use about 80 units of water, rip the strip into tiny pieces and let the strip sit in the spoon with the water for about 20 minutes. I then take the plunger out and mix it up, then cook it and mix it up some more. Filter with a cotton(qtip) and load it up in a 1cc rig. I do get a delayed rush that is quite nice.
I've been doing it this way 4x a day for 3 months, and I've had no problem with my veins.

i do not care what anyone on this site says about the naloxone in the suboxone clearly is just a deterrent for addicts not to abuse. thats bullshit. i know from experience. i have IVed Suboxone SEVERAL times, and i have also IVed subutex SEVERAL TIMES, from 0.5mg at a time, to doing 4mg at once, the naloxone does block you from getting a rush when shooting suboxone. every single time i IV subutex, i get an instant rush..the naloxone is not " a deterrent so addicts dont shoot it" addicts are gonna shoot it regardless of whats in it ANYWAY, the naloxone is fast acting and reaches ur receptors faster then bupe, and by the time the naloxone leaves ur receptors the bupe starts filling in, causing a 30min delay...people can get all sciientific on me all they want, i know for a FACT the naloxone blocks the rush, because I, ME an addict has injected both drugs several times, and my body is just as everyone elses body.

i do not care what anyone on this site says about the naloxone in the suboxone clearly is just a deterrent for addicts not to abuse. thats bullshit. i know from experience. i have IVed Suboxone SEVERAL times, and i have also IVed subutex SEVERAL TIMES, from 0.5mg at a time, to doing 4mg at once, the naloxone does block you from getting a rush when shooting suboxone. every single time i IV subutex, i get an instant rush..the naloxone is not " a deterrent so addicts dont shoot it" addicts are gonna shoot it regardless of whats in it ANYWAY, the naloxone is fast acting and reaches ur receptors faster then bupe, and by the time the naloxone leaves ur receptors the bupe starts filling in, causing a 30min delay...people can get all sciientific on me all they want, i know for a FACT the naloxone blocks the rush, because I, ME an addict has injected both drugs several times, and my body is just as everyone elses body.

Buprenorphine has a higher affinity than naloxone. And, according to you saying that bupe reaches the receptors quickly, wouldn't the buprenorphine reach it at the same time as the naloxone? If the naloxone really did bind to the receptors better than the suboxone then you would have gone into withdrawal.

Buprenorphine has a higher affinity than naloxone. And, according to you saying that bupe reaches the receptors quickly, wouldn't the buprenorphine reach it at the same time as the naloxone? If the naloxone really did bind to the receptors better than the suboxone then you would have gone into withdrawal.

I agree. I've always gotten the same results shooting subutex or suboxone. I still like subutex better, idk why. I think its just a mental thing lol

i myself know the difference from a placebo or a mental "thing", IV subutex-bam wow what a rush!, IV suboxone-nothing....ok 30mins later i feel the effects...i know the naloxone is playing a role in why there is no immediate rush when IVing suboxone. my body is just as normal as anyone elses, and the truth lies with my experience, and im not the only one who feels this way. im no scientist or anything, but what im trying to explain from what I HEAR, is that the naloxone is very fast acting, and it reaches ur receptors faster then the bupe, so while you IV suboxone, the naloxone is occupying the receptors preventing u from getting an immediate effect, and once the nalxone starts to wear off, the bupe fills in, causing that 30min delay, and no i dont believe u will go into withdrawl either, only way u will is if ur addicted to a full agonist opiate at the same time, maybe this info is false. but i know as 15yr opiate user, that shooting subutex/shooting suboxone is a whole different ball park. you simply wont get a rush from suboxone like you will with subutex. obviously thats proof right there, among other addicts who agree and experienced this....just my opinion....i would be Iving my suboxone every fucking day if this all wasnt true and the nalxoone is just a deterrent for addicts (thats such BS) to not shoot it,addicts will shoot whatever they can get there hands on regardlesss. i went buck wild when i had subutex, i was IVing them all the time with euphoria and having a rush, At a point i was IVing suboxone, and i didnt get NADA, just a 30min delay of onset of its effects...believe me, its not placebo, i would be shooting my subs right now as i type on this CPU if the naloxone doesnt play any role

oh i dont mean no sarcasm to anyone posting, i just am a firm believer that suboxone IVed is not the same as subutex IVed

^I get what your talking about, I think we are just using the word 'rush' in a different way. When I hear the word rush I think of the heroin(or other agonists) rush. I get an instant good feeling from shooting subutex, but its not at all like the 'rush' I get from heroin. But for me at least, when I shoot suboxone, I get the same pretty much instant effects.. From both drugs I fully feel the dose within 2 min.

Also I thought if a certain compound has a higher binding affinity, it could kick a weaker compound off the receptors? Correct me if I'm wrong

i guess what i mean is this: shooting subutex does not produce the same feeling as shooting suboxone, (immediate effects)

I have read these forums for quite a while and have seen such misunderstanding about IV'ing suboxone strips. I have been doing this since they came out in between relapses and all through a year and a half of legal issues so lets say I have shot suboxone film around 1000 times (that being probably a very low and very rough estimate).

So to set the record straight. (note: experiences may vary in every situation) IV'ing these things really do destroy veins over time. I have seen all big veins (crooks of arm, ect) disappear over time and a lot of small veins sometimes die out after a single shot but then some others keep on going for a while. Thankfuly other veins develop over time to take their place but they're not replicas of the original ones. Not even in the same places and do not work well for injecting into. Getting blood drawn now is hell..I have dissolved the suboxone strips in alcohol and water, cold and hot, put through a cotton once and several times. it makes no difference in the end IMO. all methods work but still harm veins in the end.

NOW, as for the precipitated withdrawal thing. Yes it is real, Yes it is hell and Yes.... it's easily avoided. If you are coming off a heroin run you need to wait at least 24 hours before you IV suboxone. In the past I have had to wait more or less time depending on how much dope shot within the past day. Here's what you can do to avoid precip if you want to shoot subs instead of under the tongue. Say it's 24 hours after your last bag or other opiate or it's not 24 hours yet but you're definitely sick sick! Take a quarter of the strip under your tongue first and let it kick in. I have found that in doing this now you can shoot the suboxone and not get a precip.

Some more info about shooting sub film vs. under tongue. shooting does give a bit of euphoria in many people at 2mg's to 8mg's (these peeps have never shot smaller amounts) but they seem to feel a slight crash in between injections where after time they didn't feel even barely a buzz putting under tongue after a while but an even feeling of feeling not sick was achieved for a longer time. Basically the way it seems is if you put 4mg's under your tongue you're good for the day but if you IV it you're probably gonna feel the need for more before you go to bed at night but I just wanna say again... RESULTS VARY FOR EVERYONE FROM WHAT I HEAR FROM EVERYONE WHO USES THIS METHOD SO....

Lastly I'm not making this post for any other reason other to than inform. I am honestly nervous about what we're all gonna find out this does to people who use it IV years down the road cause it's probably gonna be scary 8( . Remember though, even though you may have been only IV'ing subs for a long time now and don't think it'll work if you try to go back to under the tongue just give it a shot. You'll probably be surprised ( I was!).
I joined these forums to offer help and receive help and this is the first of my offerings. I know everything i have said has probably been said throughout several other posts but here it all is in one chunk and I really hope it helps some.
If anyone has any questions just ask and i'll try my best to answer them.

One thing I would like to know is if anyone has been able to find a way to IV these strips with no noticeable issues to veins being used but I also ask whoever may answer have at least a year straight of doing this with whatever method. Thanks.

Quality post tryna and welcome to bluelight.

Check out the suboxone MEGA thread...should be on the first page.