• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Suboxone Films

Sounds to me like cotton fever ! Why would you fuckin filter it wat 5-6 times ??

I second this.

Either that or despite all the filtering you still got a dirty shot, 'cause the symptoms you're describing match exactly that. The same thing has happened to me with almost every drug I've injected. It's not the suboxone, you just got something nasty in the solution.

Oh and you don't need to re-use a cotton to get the fever. You can just be unlucky. It's also impossible to know whether all your gear is really all that clean. It only takes tiny little piece of bacteria to fuck you up real bad.

Shooting Suboxone is stupid. not gonna go any further as it doesnt deserve to be answered

I second this.

Either that or despite all the filtering you still got a dirty shot, 'cause the symptoms you're describing match exactly that. The same thing has happened to me with almost every drug I've injected. It's not the suboxone, you just got something nasty in the solution.

Oh and you don't need to re-use a cotton to get the fever. You can just be unlucky. It's also impossible to know whether all your gear is really all that clean. It only takes tiny little piece of bacteria to fuck you up real bad.
I used a new syringe and new pack of cottons and the cap from the fresh syringe, maybe I did get unlucky and a bacteria snuck in but when I got cotton fever I got a fever and shaked uncontrolably for hours and my heart raced and I felt I had vertigo and couldn't breathe.it went away in a few hours.

The reaction from shooting sub was way different it was just the rush that freaked me out and the Lingering breathing issues. I still feel pressure in my chest and breathing issues....I really think it was my sensitivity to naloxone which I already knew I had. This was a very stupid desparate attemp but I wanted to share my story just in case some one else experiences it.

Key facts about Buprenorphine's chemical properties:

Soluble in water 17mg/1ml/1cc

Molecular degradation occurs at temperatures of 140F or greater. (greater temps degrade buprenorphine at an exponential rate, relative to rate (time) of heat increase).

Facts and Speculation on the compound: Hydroxypropyl Methlcellulose

Fact: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (agent) is a semisynthetic, inert, viscoelastic polymer that is soluble in water, and used as a thickening agent as well as a excipient and a controlled-delivery component in oral medicament. Agent is freely soluble in water at or below room temperature. However, when heated to it's critical temperature (unknown at this time), it will separate out of solution and congeal. Speculation: I believe that all other inactive ingredients contained in suboxone sub-lingual film are contained in the hydroxypropyl methlcellulose matrix, with the exception of the white ink, used to mark the films.

With this knowledge in hand, we can now successfully prepare a suboxone sub-lingual film for injection.

Suboxone film is extremely dangerous to inject without proper filtration; cleaning and separating as much of the inactive ingredients out as possible results in a much safer end product for injection.

This is a record of the process I use, employing the knowledge above to create the safest possible solution for injection. This process would be enhanced by the use of a micron or wheel filter, however, this type of filtering medium is not readily available at the local pharmacy; using this method I substitute cotton for a wheel filter.

The following is a step by step, detailing the method I use to clean suboxone film for injection:

Items Needed:

¼ of 1 suboxone sub-lingual film (2mg out of an 8mg film)
1 common metal spoon
2 hypodermic needles preferably 1cc 28g 1/2”long.
3 Q-tips
Small amount of clean, filtered water
1 toothpick or sturdy piece of wire IE: unfolded paperclip
1 lighter

Procedure:

Take your piece of suboxone film, and place it in the middle of your spoon.
Fill one of your syringes full, using 1ml of clean water, spray water into spoon, completely covering the piece of film in the spoon.
The idea is that the film floats, and dissolves on its own in the spoon. After dousing it with water, take your toothpick and make sure that the tab is floating in the water.
After about 5 minutes, the tab will completely dissolve, leaving an orange residue at the bottom of the spoon. At this point you again want to use your toothpick and stir the contents of the spoon around with the water until the orange substance is completely disbursed throughout the water, creating a solution. Once the film is completely dissolved, you now want to heat the water to cause the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose to precipitate out. Remember, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose will actually separate out of water, and clump up once it reaches it's “critical temperature”. I can not find what the temperature is, however my own observations tell me that it is somewhere between 140-212 degrees. Also you need to keep in mind when heating the solution is that buprenorphine begins to degrade at 140f. I do not know the exact rate of decomposition at differing temperatures or lengths of time exposed to 140f. My rule is just to keep the solution from boiling, or from even having bubbles begin to form at the bottom of the spoon, pre-boil. This process takes a few minutes and you will need to get the hang of it if you are to be successful. You want to heat the spoon gently, only leaving the lighter exposed to the bottom of the spoon for 8 seconds at a time or less. This process is going to have to be repeated until the solution turns clean, and when you can see the orange colored methylcellulose congeal and precipitate out of solution, and form at the bottom of the spoon in clumps. I have also found that the methylcellulose with form a thick film at the bottom of the spoon once clean and filtered solution has been extracted. Once your solution is clear, you are going to take the 2nd needle, and cut the top off of it right at the top where the needle base meets the barrel. Cut it on the first line that measures units. So you would cut it at the first unit, the result should be an open end, the same diameter as the barrel itself. If it is thinner or you cut it at the needle hub, this will not work as well. Take the cotton ends off 2 q tips so you result with 4 wads of cotton. Insert them into the end of the needle you just cut and modified. Pack all 4 wads of cotton into the barrel and then insert the plunger to push all the cotton up to the front. Hold your finger on the end with cotton, and use your other hand to depress the plunger, packing the cotton as tight as you possibly can without breaking the plunger. Once it is sufficiently packed, use this to draw your solution into, you will lose some solution using this process, but the end result is so worth it. Draw the solution all the way up, you will notice thick, globs of orange goo at the end of the cotton after you draw everything up. Clean spoon or use a different receptacle, and take now filtered solution and put into spoon or receptacle. I use the unfolded paper clip to push the cotton out of one end into the spoon and let the solution drip down, out of the needle into the new spoon. I will squeeze out the filtering cotton, but the one that contains the most amount of orange goo, I just toss. The other pieces of cotton at the back, I will squeeze them into the spoon. Next I take a fresh cotton and place it in the solution and load the needle. I usually lose about 15 units of solution between the heating and filtering, but it is a small price to pay for the end result. With bupe, less is more, and the small amount of drug you are losing is not going to affect you in any way, as this roa has 100% bioavailability. You are welcome to improve on this method to possibly ensure that virtually no solution is lost, please pass that info on to me. Once this is now properly loaded into your good needle, take a look at the solution in light, and you will see that you are able to read the numbers on the other side of the barrel, crystal clear. This is one clean product, thanks to a little knowledge of chemistry. If anyone has any info or feedback, please tell me. As far as I know, this is the most superior method for cleaning your sub for iv'ing, with the exception of a micron filter. This method does not remove the naloxone in the solution. Sorry for that, however it really does not even matter if you are an everyday sub user and using nothing else. I prefer this method because the onset is quicker and noticeable, I use much less of the suboxone I am prescribed, and I do indeed love the ritual of dosing myself with bupe. Hope this helps.

My God, so much work to IV such a small piece of sub film! Is the juice really worth the squeeze in this situation? Just FWIW most of those case studies that I've personally read in the IV complications thread as well as other places on the net are HEAVILY laced with IV sub use gone wrong cases throughout.

I would strongly advise people not, I repeat NOT to shoot the films.

it seems like a lot of work, however it really only takes me about 10 mins to prepare a shot. you only have to create the filtration rig once; the one step that takes the most amount of time is letting the film dissolve. i'll use a filtration rig about 15-20 times before i discard it and make a new one. brand new rigs are sold over the counter in ten packs where i live (at the pharmacy obviously).

you know what? i'm really not too sure if it is worth it too squeeze out the filtration cotton from the back end of the rig. i think i might just stop doing that, as i really do not want to through back in what i worked so hard to filter out (even if i can't see it).

I was on 32mg of suboxone daily then cut myself off it so I could use again.I waited a couple of days before shooting a grey ms morph tab in a 3ml fit.I thought I was sweet as it didn't hit me for 20mins or so and then as I was rolling a ciggarette,started shaking uncontrolably,sweats n chills,cramps n head pounding.I made it home and went straight to sleep,woke up 4 hours later feeling fine.I guess that naloxone must hang around for a while.It certainly spoilt my day lol !

Last edited:
SWIM injected about 2mg suboxone film about 20 mins ago... very familiar with IV and curious about subs. Just want anyone, who cares to know, that its possible to successfully enjoy IVing the films.

I have been on suboxone (now film) for over 2 years i am now on 4mg per day, suboxone is great at what it is meant for, it stops withdrawels, and blocks further opiate enjoyment, usually, it most certainly saved me from heroine dependance and probably death or jail, however as we know IV is the ghost that haunts us, so after looking thoroughly i decided to go for it, (watching the TV show COPS always makes me want to use as in this case) SO i took ~1-1.5 mg of a 8mg Suboxone Film possibly 2mg at most, placed it in .5 cc of cold poland spring bottled water, in a clean spoon, let sit for 5-10 min, light stir with clean utensile, no heat, after single cotton filtering the solution was very clear, there was sludge around the edge of water which i avoided at best, i decided to pass on further cotton filtration and administered solution intravaenously, almost immediately noticed considerable respiratory depression however no pain, injection site remained normal, the extremely negligable rush was basically non existent however i do feel that the medication is effecting my body, the feeling is almost like the time i accidently took 5 stacker energy pills however nowhere near as unpleasant or scary(not the hyper energetic feeling; but the feeling of some unwanted substance entering my cells;while not unpleasant not enjoyable either), slight rise in heart rate very short period of time, fealt pins and needle like feeling in upper legs, not kidding, my right butt cheek became extremely itchy, now about 30 min from zero i am very itchy on arms and legs, (i am normally an itchy sweaty type of person but not this itchy) i have never been this itchy from heroin or anything else, perhaps this is why they now suggest to mix an antihystemine with bupe for injection? while no extreme negative consequences have occured thankfully (knock on wood) there is certainly little positive effect if any. I also would not suggest doing this due to the lack of positive attributes, i am new to this site, and only registered to share my expirience with you, well now that i have registered i will probly return and try to contribute to the community - sincerely MechGineering student

I used a new syringe and new pack of cottons and the cap from the fresh syringe, maybe I did get unlucky and a bacteria snuck in but when I got cotton fever I got a fever and shaked uncontrolably for hours and my heart raced and I felt I had vertigo and couldn't breathe.it went away in a few hours.

I believe cotton fever must be treated by healthcare proffesionals using antibiotics to overcome, succesfully, if a piece of any foreign matter inadvertantly entered your bloodstream i gravely doubt it would clear itself in a few hours. however stranger things have happened i suppose?

I injected them a few times, and it worked but there was no rush. So you basically end up with the same effect than if you just put it in your mouth, only without the hassle of getting it prepped.

I believe cotton fever must be treated by healthcare proffesionals using antibiotics to overcome, succesfully, if a piece of any foreign matter inadvertantly entered your bloodstream i gravely doubt it would clear itself in a few hours. however stranger things have happened i suppose?

No, it does clear up in a couple hours. The reason why you get so sick is your body is fighting off the foreign particles.. but it takes care of it itself. There are plenty of other issues from IV drug use that require a doctor but typically, this isn't one of them.

I'm still green so this is my first post. I have a question and then I'll make a comment. I have just started taking the suboxone strips a couple days ago, so i am not to familiar with this drug. My question is that I was told by my doctor that when you stick the film under your tongue you should let it sit in your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes. The reason that you should do this is because the Bupe is absorbed through the lining of your mouth, after it melts you are supposed to spit the remaing fluid out. He told me threason you should do this is because the naloxone is absorbed in the stomach. Is this true? Has anyone else been told this or is my Dr. just talking shit?

hello hello

just joined my first forum ever after referencing many of them over the years.... i feel like i made the right choice in choosing bluelight =) lots of great topics and users here.

I acquired an 8mg suboxone film strip this evening and was interested in attempting to inject it. I have been injecting 8mg subutex pills for the past 3 years or so, usually doing 4mgs at a time, and i've never shot suboxone before. i much prefer subutex. it feels so much better. I was prescribed suboxone back in 2009, which saved my life from fucking heroin (oh that devilish, delightful drug..) so i am familiar with the pill, just not the strip.

anywho, i was searching through random forums online and came across this one. i suppose i'm specifically replying to moonshield06 right now, saying thank you for your advice on how to 'properly' inject a sub strip.

i did 4mgs using 80 units of room temperature water and a spoon. i don't use micron filters (upon researching them, it seems they're used with syringes that have detachable needle tips). i'm using BD UltraFine 31gauge 1cc syringes, so a cotton filter works nicely.

i cut the suboxone strip into teeny tiny little pieces with an x-acto knife (brand new, and sterilized)
i then added 60 units of water and let the strips sit in the water for about 20-30 minutes, until they were completely dissolved on their own... you can probably wait less if needed, but i wanted to know exactly how long it takes for the little strips to dissolve on their own, and that's how long it took with tepid water.

i made a filter using cotton from a q-tip, making it about the size of a large pea.
i drew up the solution, which was relatively cloudy.
i cleaned my spoon and squirted the solution back into the spoon, then re-filtered it with a new cotton
this made the solution clearer. you can repeat if desired, to get it as clear as possible.. this also leaves you with some extra cottons to do later if you run out of subs.

and then bam, i slammed it.

of course, i was careful to flag several times throughout, to be sure i was in the vein.. although who can't mistake a miss with that horrible burning pain that ensues immediately after injecting beyond or through a vein? i know i can't.

so thank you, fellow forum posters, for providing detailed information for people like myself to safely and effectively inject suboxone strips, pills, etcetera with little or no complications.

i hope someone else finds this information helpful and useful before attempting to blindly inject a strip, ignoring forums like this one which really do help others to be as safe as possible.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CONDONE ANY FORM OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE, ILLEGAL OR PHARMACEUTICAL. I AM MERELY PROVIDING INFORMATION ON HOW TO PERFORM SUCH ACTS SAFELY IF SOMEONE PERSONALLY CHOOSES TO GO THIS ROUTE. PRESCRIPTIONS AND DRUGS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS PRESCRIBED. I AM NOT A DOCTOR, PHYSICIAN OR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.